[Suggestion] Tank Buster Cannon. Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pokushocus, Oct 23, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

provide video evidence for ANY of your claims or shut up.

i don't know or care why the red shirts don't abuse it more. maybe they haven't figured out how to use it. there are still plenty of players who try to convince me that the lasher is useless, so i don't place much faith in the player base as a whole and i have even less faith in the console herds.

i play a close range AV heavy assault (i C4 things and make them blow up as a heavy)
    i am also a dedicated skyguard (Auraxiumed, so i know exactly how much a single skyguard can accomplish)

so yes i like my game play to come with a little challenge, so that i can take pride in my achievements. the only kill streaks i bother counting are the ones that involve multiple tanks or aircraft, and the tank buster strips most of the challenge away from those.

so i am less credible because i was killing tanks in a mostly stock liberator then?
  2. lawn gnome

what he is saying is that ground troops and vehicles get shafted unless they can hide under the skirts of some sort of air vehicle, BUT if skyguards were so powerful that only ground tanks could reliably kill them then he would throw a temper tantrum.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shootybob

I can't fly an ESF and drive a tank at the same time. The solution to " I want to drive a tank" is not "pull an esf"
  4. Mjolnir

What would you like video evidence of? You made specific claims about what you have done in a liberator, and I am doubting the veracity of those claims. All I have said is that it is not easy to do, and I'm not sure how to provide video evidence showing that something is hard... What do you want to see, me messing up and getting killed? I have plenty of video of me flying a liberator and killing things. Please be more specific.
  5. Majorpaynekills

LEAVE THE DAMN THING HOW IT IS. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT DONT GO NEAR A LIBERATOR
  6. ColonelChingles

HOW ABOUT YOU TELL THE LIBERATOR NOT TO GO NEAR ME?

IN CAPS.
  7. Majorpaynekills

All seriousness, you should no complain because if someone is able to get a lib right behind your tank and blow it up its your own fault. I almost never get tank busted because i always check behind me also i shoot the lib with your tank
  8. lawn gnome

i provided stats with direct reference to the PS2 wiki and you said i lied. i have given plenty of evidence, all you have given is a series of "because i said so" statements. the burden is on you.
  9. GaBeRock

Honestly, I'm not sure why tankers are complaining. After the lib bufd, I played quite a bit of liberator, and generally sh*t on tanks. I left after shredder was made worthless, however. Now, I've been trying the other side (stealth AP lighning) and I've found that libs are a total non-issue. They just don't show up. I've been killed by one maybe once.
  10. PKfire

11. Mjolnir

What? As I said, go try it out in VR yourself. ANYONE HERE can verify that what you said about oneclipping from the top is wrong, and that what I said is CORRECT. Just go into the VR and try it. If you really want me to make a video about it I will, but I have a feeling you won't believe that either. Go try it yourself.
  12. lawn gnome

EXCEPT, it is only you and one other person who said i was incorrect. that quote itself is actually up to 10 likes, i get likes on my posts regularly, but going into double digits is unusual.

so again we come down to the fact that my info has referenced resources and you are using the "because i said so argument". if you want to accuse me of being dishonest then actually put some work into it, instead of just spamming "you are wrong because i said so".

i put my work in and did some research, and it generally matched up with my experiences. what have you done?

i have no intention of arguing both sides of this debate to conclusion on my own just because you ordered me to.
  13. Brahma2

You what?

Sorry, I can't take you seriously anymore since you think I cheat. That plus all your forum interactions make me think you're just an idiot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mjolnir

LOLWUT?

You can EASILY verify what I have said YOURSELF simply by going into VR and trying it. The information is right there at your fingertips, but you are so ignorant that you refuse to acknowledge it.
  15. Mjolnir

Well, since you were too lazy to do the research yourself I did it for you. It isn't surprising that the actual results don't "match up with your experience," since you DON'T HAVE ANY.

http://www.twitch.tv/mjollnir1/b/584198145
  16. GaBeRock

I stopped playing liberator after shredder lost splash and ammo capacity. There was no longer any reason for me to play lib over an ESF.
  17. GaBeRock

Compared to just using an ESF.
  18. Mjolnir

Except there is, because liberators can destroy ground targets while ESFs are more likely to die in the attempt. Whatever, it's your loss.
  19. GaBeRock

2 ESF's with hornets> 2 man liberator. Sure, it costs more resources, but It's a lot more effective against any target than a shredder lib, and I don't (yet) own a dalton, although I'm currently saving the 1k certs.
  20. Mjolnir

No, it really really really isn't. A shredder/tankbuster lib will kill a tank outright in under 5 seconds if you are doing it right. Hornets will take much longer, and you will have to be in the AO for a much longer time with a much weaker vehicle that is way more likely to die.

Shredder/TB libs can kill galaxies in one pass from full health. Same with sunderers. It is better than the dalton for most situations, but the dalton is more fun to use. The only real advantage of the dalton is that you can deal more damage to the target if you only have a short engagement window, and you can instagib ESFs that fly right below you (whereas the shredder would only allow you to deal a small amount of damage).