[Suggestion] Tank Buster Cannon. Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pokushocus, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Pokushocus

It's clearly OP.

Is this just a FOTM thing, or some kind of cruel joke?

Anyways, please fix it. Thanks!
  2. SeanFree

Tankbuster has been this way since....forever? It's essentially a shotgun on a gunship, it should dominate everything it hits.
    • Up x 1
  3. gigastar

>FOTM
    >Common pool weapon

Whut?
    • Up x 4
  4. Klypto

It is not.
    -The Vanguard Shield
    • Up x 13
  5. Devrailis

It's only "OP" if you get bursted in the @$$ at close range. I've had Libs make multiple runs against my Vanguard and still fail to take the tank down, even without the shield.
    • Up x 2
  6. Problem Officer

Range far too high for anti-armor capability, too many lib pilots rely on it, can't nerf or that's a load of angry players.
    SOE wouldn't ever do that, make players angry.
    • Up x 3
  7. Morti

Should do a lot less damage versus air.

Vektor could use a minor buff, spur needs explosive rounds.
    • Up x 1
  8. SenEvason

It's always been the way it is now, and people have been using it for that long. How have you just now noticed it?
  9. Flashtirade

This is the epitome of a "it killed me, it's OP" thread. No effort was made to explain why it needs to be fixed.
    • Up x 18
  10. Yuukikun

Something killed me --> make a post to nerf it on the forums --> never learning how to play --> will always die in frustrating ways.
    • Up x 4
  11. ChampagneDragon

My guess is he just tried to run a skyguard for the first time in forever. Yep, the one thing that is SUPPOSED to be the counter to the tankbuster is killed easily by it. I mean, if you see a lib coming at you with one you run..
    • Up x 1
  12. TheRunDown

To be honest, the Tank burster is only a Problem for the TR and it's anchored Prowlers, it's not an issue for Turbo Mags and Shield Vannys..

Tank Burster even has issues killing AMSs now, since they can equip a shield now.. A shield that at max level is way to long.. the shield should mitigate damage... not give it the NC's shield..
    • Up x 2
  13. Foxirus

Way to brag that there shield. Anyways, The only time it pisses me off is when the game fails to load the sounds of the lib sneaking around behind you. When you finally do hear the lib sound effects, Its because it got within 50m of you and started firing its tank buster.

If I had to tell you what happened based on hearing alone? Oh! A lib teleported directly behind me and tank busted my vehicle.

Other than the sounds not playing correctly when a lib is approaching, I think the tank buster is fine.
    • Up x 1
  14. FateJH

You don't even need to touch the Tank Buster. I have an easier fix.
    At the very least that raises the precision level required for the tank buster run so the pilot can get more damage out of it. At worst, that means Liberators will definitely run 2/3 so they can still follow through with the belly weapon. I do not believe this affects anything otherwise in the course of normal gameplay.
  15. Plorf

I dunno if you've driven Magriders but those things are pretty bad vs. aircraft... They have utterly no awareness thanks to not being able to turn the camera, and their Supernova/Saron have terrible angles for hitting air. Granted I can still make do but comparing that to AP Vanguard or Lockdown Prowlers, Magriders are very poor at AA.
    • Up x 2
  16. SeanFree

It is a poor counter to air but maggies can atleast burn away to avoid the one-clip is what he seems to be saying. A lockdown prowler getting tankbustered is screwed but it's a hard counter so I don't see what's wrong with it...
    • Up x 1
  17. Leftconsin

Because that is fair.
    Because of it's ubiquity. For each kill that the Spur and Vektor get combined 39.6 Tank Buster kills happen.
    • Up x 3
  18. SenEvason

Oooookay, that is some pretty terrible situational awareness from those guys. The second they heard the TB going and stuff blowing up, they should have started looking around. It definitely shouldn't have taken until after the second guy died for them to start shooting at the Lib flying right at them real low.
  19. ColonelChingles

That the Tank Buster busts tanks is fine.

But that the Skyguard fails to guard the skies is not.

The Liberator is a glass cannon without the glass part. I think it should be able to absolutely wreck ground vehicles, but on the other hand be easy pickings for any AA or ESFs in the area. This means that you can only move in Liberators if enemy AA is neutralized (relying on ground forces to destroy AA) and if the enemy air has been pacified (relying on friendly AA or aircraft to protect the Liberator).

Because sending in bombers/gunships when the enemy AA or ASFs are intact should be a tactical blunder... but in PS2 Liberators get away with that stuff every day.
    • Up x 9
  20. dstock

Tank-Buster cannon: Multiple nerfs over the life of the game, no buffs.

Forumside: still mad? I can't believe it.

I'd like to dedicate this post to science. It's thanks to our VS brethren that we don't have these threads clogging the forums anymore.

Three cheers for short attention spans and discount torches/pitchforks at Tractor Supply.