Stuck at 96% loading, game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hardwyre, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Nakor

Game loaded to 96% and hung. Ctrl+Alt+Deleted the program (a VERY familiar task) and attempted to reload the game. Steam informed me that the game was still running. Ok.. Ctrl+Alt+Delete AGAIN, look under processes, find that both the game client and the UI overlay are still running. Kill them both, relaunch the game. Game loads successfully.

After looking at the number of people posting problems on the forums, and the wide spread nature of these problems I just GOTTA ask..

You pushed this to live? Really?

Maybe this is why you don't let your testing staff go when your game is still in development?

(EDIT: I spoke too soon, it loaded the main menu and now refuses to connect to a server. Just.. wow. /EDIT)
  2. f0d

same here
    96% strikes again
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Freeburn Sage

I'm not even getting to 96%. Mine refuses to download a single kilobyte, and I've got a ~74MB patch to download. Not that big, but when you can't download ANYTHING, it makes things kinda difficult. I've tried validating, antivirus, firewall, running as admin, all that jazz. None of it's working. I've submitted a support ticket to SOE, hopefully someone will help us out. If I get word back and this isn't resolved, I'll let you guys know.
    • Up x 1
  4. Idoubts

Ok, so I have had this problem before (still unknown WHY it happened the first time) and now I have it AGAIN. I am stuck at 96% loading on the first loading screen after the launcher. I have let it sit for HOURS and it is still at 96%. Cmon devs can you please do something about this? Its getting kind of ridiculous.
    (BTW: it works on my other computer but I cant use it due to multiple persons in my household.)
  5. AlphaR3C0N187

I only get stuck at 96% after respawning... But sometimes i get stuck in something ive coined "limbo" afterwards. Even if i quit the game/taskkill it i can still hear everyone in squadchat, Ive checked taskmanager and there is nothing to do with PS2 open. I only ever get this with the 96% bug
  6. Decayng

Has any dev. reviewed this...I just came back after over a month got a patch and I'm stuck at this 96%load.
  7. Gav7x

Thread name says it, im bloody stuck a 96% after downloading the patch and starting the game
  8. Rabbitofdoom

Yeah same here and its loading FOREVER compared to pre patch.
    • Up x 1
  9. Teslaburn

WE ARE THE 96%!

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  10. dishmop

Yep, same here.
    • Up x 1
  11. VonStalin

12. Zerky

Yes, I guess this is something that happens every patch/update. The launchthingportalthing is overloaded?
  13. deggy

Same here. I'd prefer to not have to restart, my computer has a lot of stuff running.

Gonna try it and report.
    • Up x 1
  14. WietrznyKorsarz

Same here get stuck at 96%. Well done Sony.
  15. Aurcius

Same.

I think it has something to do with their servers, being overloaded or something.

Try again later.
    • Up x 1
  16. WyrdHarper

17. Pruned

You like this more or less than the striker? :D
  18. BlaxicanX

I am now having this issue. Just downloaded the new patch a few minutes ago.
  19. Nopsled

Hmmm, in Problem Management you LEARN from mistakes and take steps to PREVENT PROBLEMS from occurring again. Any chance SOE is still employing the guy that figured this problem out last time? Maybe they have good documentation? Hmmm, guess we'll see.

*grabs popcorn and sits down to watch the drama unfold*
  20. Jan Regal

OHHH NOOOOOOOO ME TOO :(