So...Where is the mag buff?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by lNeBl, Jun 13, 2014.

1. lNeBl

Now that the NC and TR tanks are being buffed quite a bit by giving them more maneuverability, turret stabilization(BIGGEST tank buff in a long time), an HE Prowler+Vanguard buff and even a Vanguard acceleration buff, you guys seem to have forgotten one small detail.

Nc and TR tanks will now have greater damage, greater speed, faster projectiles, greater armor, and better ES abilities, on top of having turret stabilization and improved movement. And the mag has...........yea...

The Magrider's gonna need big buffs to compensate. You know, like everyone's been saying all week?

Faster strafe perhaps? Or at the bare minimum, a buff to magburn.

Yet all I see in the notes is a Mag racer nerf... I honestly lol'd.

There's been so many huge threads discussing ways to keep the magrider competitive, and all of it was ignored?
    ALL OF IT? I honestly lol'd some more.

I can't even start discussing the lack of logic behind nerfing all tank primaries. Please just come out and say that you want infantry to kill tanks more, instead of lying about trying to "improve" the tank meta.

I realize this is a test server patch, but let's be honest, how often are changes made to test server patch notes before they go live? It's quite likely this is exactly what will be going on the live server.

P.S. What will Rival/Combat chassis actually do now? Because it looks like it doesn't do anything.

P.S 2: R.I.P Enforcer.
    • Up x 9
  2. Paqu

Couldn't agree more. These changes not only doesn't make sense, but it feels like an insult to all players who have been trying to give feedback about what they would like to see. Feedback that gets lots of support from other players.

And all of it is being completely ignored like before. I mean why not listen to players that have spend hundreds if not thousand of hours in the game and try to make it better by listening what they think? You know instead of just throwing in some random changes how they feel without really actually playing all that much.

I was looking forward to this patch for the turret stabilization and in hopes for the Magrider buffs, but now after seeing the patch notes... I really dont know what to say.

Also as OP said the stuff on PTS rarely change for the live so this is what we are most likely going to get. And before anything is being changed from it to make more sense its most likely going to take 6+ months...
    • Up x 2
  3. Vivicector

Hey, do SOE ignores all our feedback again? Why are you so surprised? They don't care about our opinion anyway.

Now Magrider won't ever hit a thing since other tanks will be able to move at full speed and shoot, while Mag gets only its pitiful strafe. And yea, a Racer speed nerf... Good job!
    • Up x 2
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

as if the Magrider didn't become more useless already, they also nerf the racer chassis for it even though it is one of the slowest moving ground vehicles in the game:
    "Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph" :mad:

WHAT THA HELL?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SOE!?!?!?

thanks once again!.... FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 3
  5. Linus

I hoppe that they will take some time to test this patch on the PTS before making it live, because in its current state, this patch adopts some feedbacks but ignores some others even more (from players of the three factions).
    Also, the results of this patch is that all the Mag drivers who do not use max stealth before to engage the other MBTs, will be mad.
    The best traits and advantages of the Magrider (mobility, stabilized shot on the move) are now being shared with the other MBTs,
    I barely see how we could stay competitive. This is a simple statement and it is obvious that the Magrider needs now something new, and when I say new... i do not mean a racer nerf!

It seems that I should start to revise my idea of paying continuously my membership.
    I support this game to go up, not to go down.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mastachief

Nothing wrong with your spider tank.
  7. TheKhopesh

What's that?
    Make the Canister a decent option?

NO!
    Instead, nerf the enforcer!
    And while we're at it, nerf the halberd so NC don't have a decent ranged weapon for combine threat situations!

And what's that, Tank cannons actually viable weapons?
    Let's make them slower yet!
    Oh, NC are the slow firing, hard hitting and fast velocity faction?
    Nerf them down to just a scant and inconsequential few m/s faster than the others.

At this point, they need to just make all options NS and get it over with.
    I'm tired of getting f*cked out of all our unique traits at every turn.

Just do it all at once and get it over with.

What the heII is with all the nerfs?
    These are supposed to be weapons of mass destruction and warfare, not tampon guns!

If something is proving ineffective, or sub-par, buff it a little.
    If it's still doing bad, buff it a bit more.

If one thing is doing a bit too well, don't nerf it, buff everything else in it's category a little and repeat the step above.
    What makes this game fun is having reliable weapons and physics we can depend on.
    But if you go around slowly rotting everything into an innaccurate, slow moving slow firing crapshoot, we're going to hate it!

When in doubt, buff the items doing poorly, not the items doing well!
    Nerfing should be extremely finite, only used when it is required and presses the upper limits of what the game's coding can handle.

The weapons we have are no where near that point, so stop crapping on all the fun stuff SOE.
    • Up x 3
  8. TriumphantJelly

.... I.... You.....

:DBAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

BAHAHAHAHHAHA:DHAHAHAHHAHHAHA:pHAHAGHHAARHAWKOIFNALNAKAKAKAKAKAKZ SDB\O0UGHM0-\M rhpwbBb

:rolleyes:

But no, there definitely is somthing wrong with it now, and there will be worse things for it in this patch.
    • Up x 5
  9. DevDevBooday

You think you guys got problems?
    Practically ALL of TR use the Halberd on our Prowlers due to the Vulcan being a confetti gun, now its getting nerfed as well. TR is going to have no real AV option.
    GG tank combat, with the HE buffs the Prowler is pushed even more towards farming infantry
    • Up x 2
  10. Halkesh

Remember Halberd is NS weapon and NC enforcer will be badly hurt with this patch.
    Only saron will be correct at longer range (no drop but doing 250 dmg every 0.5 sec isn't that good). Plus, I suppose it will be the next target of the nerf sledgehammer.

About the magrider into this patch, I just don't understand. It's already the weakest MBT between the 3 faction (I don't say maggy is useless, just weaker)
    So SOE decide to remove 3 of it's advantage plus a max speed nerf :
    • Nerf the racer by 1/3
    • Give stabilized turret to everybody
    • Increase backpedal speed on every tank (actual back speed of magrider is near 42kph)
    • Allow every tank to peekaboo at max speed (while maggy can just strafe at 20-24 kph)
    • Up x 2
  11. Kirppu1

mag has an ability to climb erry where all nite erry day
  12. Moridin6

we can only hope someone notices all the horror in our eyes. .
    but i think they hate the Vanu so im not expecting much
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Nope.
    That ability was lost about a year ago.
    It still can use boost and strafing to get to some positions other tanks don't, but there's very few left that would confer any actual advantage.
    Most importantly, what about players that don't buy a tank for mountaineering but to fight?
    "Yeah, I could be driving over all those nice hilltops now, but the base is in this canyon..."
    • Up x 1
  14. asmodraxus

Sigh, I guess like many other Vanu, we'll be using the MBT known as the Lightning.

May be when SOE realise that the VS is slowly becoming the common pool empire things will change...
    • Up x 1
  15. Nody

Not only that they don't even know their own basic stats. The Vanguard's speed is 60km/h by default; the Magrider's is 55. With the racer being +15 rather then +10 we actually got parity with the Vanguard but now the Magrider is confirmed the slowest MBT OF ANY FACTION! But hey lets ignore facts Developers and write witty notes about the Vanguard being slowest (hint google vanguard gear shift before you talk about how slow it is; it's only been public knowledge for donkey years)...
    • Up x 2
  16. TheBand1t

You'll get it after the Reaver gets a buff

which is never because the Reaver and Mag are balanced

:^)
  17. Kirppu1

Exactly, it can get where most cannot, it's extremely agile since you pretty much can just strafe from cover to cover and let's not forget how it can shoot multiple times at once
  18. Outreach

We won't get jack. Why? Look around at this place, it's nothing but tr/nc players crying and screaming about how every little thing VS has is op because it killed them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Clearly if you want anything, all you have to do is mimic the other factions behaviors.

Maybe we can get them to add a NS mbt...
  19. UnDeaD_CyBorG

For "getting where most can not" you need an ability slot, and I'd much rather have a vanguards shield if I had the choice, given that being where others can not is rarely ever an advantage. Every harasser can get there, too.
    As for strafing:
    Get a Prowler, get side armour, park it sideways, and you can ' strafe' even faster. Even before the patch that will drastically increase that capability; and THAT is why people ask about a potential magrider buff; Strafing is a strongpoint, and soon every the other MBTs will be able to do it just as well, only faster.
    • Up x 1
  20. Kirppu1

but on the magrider, hold a or d, and aim. Boom you are strafing