So...Where is the mag buff?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by lNeBl, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Rodinvac

If you buff TR and NC dumbfires to compensate with increasing the Mag's agility, you would have to increase the VS's as well: the increased acceleration and speed when both driving forward and reversing is also an increase in their agility.
    And not to mention that it would give TR and NC better dumbfires to use against all the other vehicles and against infantry as well.
  2. quatin

If you did that, then you've nerfed TR/NC MBTs against infantry, indirectly ending with the same result of buffing Magrider strafe speed. It's a big can of worms when you go down that road . That's why I thought it would be easier to not touch it at all.

Reducing Magrider resistance versus dumbfires might be a good idea to compensate for a strafe buff, but it would take a while to figure out how many more misses are attributed to the speed buff and how much damage/ammo needs to be added to compensate.

Buffing the FPC is another option. However, that's already happening. NC/TR are getting a harder nerf on their cannon drop, indirectly buffing the Magrider cannon. The real question is, is it enough? I think we need to let the changes hit live and see how it plays out. There's almost certainly another round of nerfs coming after this major tank update to tweak balance.
  3. Silvermyst

I'm sure the Magrider will get a buff sooner or later to compensate for the new changes. I think SOE will just let the update go live and collect stats for a week or two before they decide exactly how to go about buffing it. And then it'll take a couple more weeks for them to design, test, rebalance etc. before they decide on what changes to implement on their next update.

So I'm not expecting anything for at least a month. Hopefully it doesn't take longer than that.
  4. XLander

No it doesn't we can't get to much further than you. That function was already nerfed in beta.
  5. XLander

Common pool empire. We always were. They nerfed us into extinction in PS1 just like this. Too many devs in support of the other two empires. And not enough VS to counter cry the other two empires... Partly because our color is unfavorable in a male dominated world.
    Top that off the devs made our lore honestly garbage to deter even more players. They added things that are by nature of the language in this day and age negative. Zealots... Anyone (Thats old enough) not have immediate thoughts of real life nut jobs that created cults and started little suicide pacts, and other less desirable things? Technological zealots. I didn't hear techno anything I heard wako.

they made us the least desirable empire through story time and lack of visible dev support.
    • Up x 1
  6. XLander

Your daft your tanks can strafe too. Your just not intelligent enough to realize it. It just isn't the same strafe mechanic we have. Turn to face enemies side ways. then intelligently move forward and back with more speed than the VS can target. Read the above speed related post you guys can out maneuver us. You just think to forward and gun to be tactically useful. Don't run straight in. Zig Zag and take cover.
  7. XLander

Still harder to hit fast movign targets. And lets not forget they nerfed our anti tank souron to be a six shot random direction firing device made to distract not kill. We used to have a gun that could compete.
  8. XLander

Actually they just want to mimik the other console games out there. They want to remove purple because it messes up the color scheme. There are only supposed to be two sides and two colors in a fight. Thinking about three factions stresses their little brains so they choose to ignore us.
  9. XLander

The mag boost or whatever is mostly useless because the slow turn speed means it is only useful to drive straight into enemies. If you take the time to turn you can't defend yourself and your go to thing forces you to expose your weakest point.

So in short we turn slow. Can't fire defensively to recover, and our ES thing is to turn the weakest armor portion of our tank towards the enemy and run? Our Top gun has a barely aimable scatter shot to top that off. Mind you it isn't like the NC scatter shot its a program made too be to random to calculate for. So we don't actually get to aim our gun we get to suggest where we think it should shoot then it shoots somewhere near that point. Oh wait that's right our blast radius damage was messed up too. So not only cant we turn, strafe quick, or run without exposing our weakest armor. our gun is random targeting at best, has lesser blast damage, less direct damage, and now we are the slowest tank. Also forgot we don't have secondary stabilization so when our drivers have to strafe (Which is at all times because of low armor) they hit ever bump that is out of the view screen so our brains can't even calculate for the movement, on top of the above mention random direction shooting we are subject to.

You counter mooks are only seeing the one side. Our mag isn't even a mag. Go play PS1 it may be similar in appearance but it is nerfed garbage now.

Side note: I think all vehicles should be able to change weapons loadouts without having to pull a new vehicle. Some resource cost and a terminal would be appropriate. however being locked into the one gun is sort of lame.
    • Up x 1
  10. XLander

Actually the thing that our gunners could most benefit from would be stabilization since it can strafe and the drivers don't have enough armor to stay still for even a moment. Our gunners aim is horrible because of no stabilization combined with the randomness of the sauron.
  11. XLander

A thought on our sauron since I seem to be stuck on it. How bout we get back our single shot that was more powerful, and work that inner outer blast radius magic they talk about so much, and remove that random direction shooting.
  12. XLander

Don't troll about the way people speak. I for one have a high IQ. I am sure that you can find many less than intelligent posts and statements by me. How we talk has more to do with the subculture we are in and less to do with education... For example I am and was raised by tradesmen with little or no influence from women. However I have gone to college. I was even offered honors. (Medical) I turned that down because it seemed like an outside distraction. (Had to stop due to money issue sadly, was a 4.0 student without effort.) Point is being a grammar and spelling not zzz, doesn't make you intelligent. It makes you part of a different subculture. So please don't purport to tell us of your greatness if your method is to bash others.

One sign of intelligence is to accept the differences of others and adapt your own view to meet theirs. It shows you are smart enough to adapt and work within the confines of a mixed society.
  13. XLander

How about give us stabilization tooo after all we are floating we shouldn't be getting jilted in either gun ever.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It also had a short charge time.
    Why not make that a bit longer, and have it work like a Lancer. :)
    Clickspam for burstfire, hold it down a second to use 3 shots for charged fire.
    But they want to see tanks melee, so maybe a Sawblade would be better.
    And, as I and others have mentioned over other threads, the Magriders secondary has less stabilization than the main gun.
    Using Rival is a serious disadvantage because you can literally outturn your own gunner.
  15. Xebov

That sounds like a poor excuse to me. The main purpose for tanks is to kill other tanks. And it realy sucks if i see that VS needs to get Lightnings to fight enemy MBTs and Lightnings because our Tank is simply garbage. I dont care for any AI capabilities, i want them to be able to kill enemy armor.
  16. TheKhopesh

It's actually an exceptional killing machine, it just has a very, very high skill cap.
    (I'm not that great with it, TBH.)
    I have top gunned for an amazing VS tanker though, and the vanguards we fought (One of which was an NC outfit mate -and a crack shot TR buddy of ours on his NC alt was in his top gun- who's quite adept at tanking) didn't even stand a chance against us.

If you do it right, you can get right up close enough to garentee an engine shot from both the AP main cannon and the halberd before he get's one shot in.

After that, it's easy. His shield will save him from your next barrage while he returns fire, at which point, he still needs another 2 shots from his AP and at least 1 halberd from his top gun.

You, on the other hand, only need one of each.

You'll be low on health, but after the fight you should be able to burn the magburner and if you haven't screwed up the escape, you can regroup with friendly armor before the enemy forces kill you.
    As soon as you're friendlies are fairly close, both of you hop out and repair.

It's essentially a much heavier armor harasser with FAR more damage output and killing potential, just with slower base speeds.

The mag is addept at hit-and-run engine blasting.

You just have to treat it like a cross between tank and harasser.
    If you do, you can melt a tank and be home free in time to join the main column when they realize many enemy forces have abandoned their positions to chase you.

One less in their numbers and a gap where your pursuers left and they're thinned out enough to take their lesser force head on.

Just be sure some of your armor sweeps in again from behind on that second wave that peeled off to chase you, and you're golden.
    (The line above is actually where harassers do best. The enemy is returning to a death trap, flanked on two fronts, and either they ignore the harassers pummeling their backs, or fire at the harassers and take the chance that the enemy mags miss their exposed engines.)

The mag is more capable of flanking than any other MBT, and if it's used to that effect, it will do well.

But you're expecting just to swoop down straight into enemy fire and brute force tanks that are either made for accurate high power armor killing (NC), or high sustained DPS blasting (TR).

The mag has it's own niche, but it's just not not built for face first bull-charge assaults.
    Yet that is how the VS try to use them for the most part, and it's no wonder they're getting scrapped.
  17. Kirppu1

This is kinda ironic, you imply that i am an idiot yet you use your instead of you're or you are. BTW i already told other guy that i still can kill magriders and vanguards just fine even if the have some advantages

P.S: Try to have manners even if you are on the internetz. This isn't 4chan nor reddit so your current behaviour won't help you since this forums is maintained by sony
  18. quatin

It's not an excuse, it's reality. The Magrider is the best AI farming MBT. It's also the best at dodging infantry AV weapons. Your proposed buffs just so happens to make the Magrider OP in that category. Just, because you don't care for it doesn't mean it can be ignored.

Also, I don't know why you belittle the Lightning. NC has to rely on the lightning to counter infantry zergs. They have the best AV MBT with the worst AI capabilities. VS has the best AI MBT with the worst AV capabilities. TR is in between. On paper you would think TR wins over everyone, until you try using anchor mode in those "hypothetical situations".

19. Sandpants

XLander just posted 10 times in a row.

Clap your hands everyone. Deserves a medal.
    • Up x 1
  20. lNeBl

Its pretty universally accepted that the prowler is the best AI farming tank since it can one shot infantry and has two shots.