So subscribed for year, terminated auto-renewal - no SC cash?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehuge, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crator

You should have just left him clueless. If people don't want to read past the first couple posts (especially when there's no way to edit your OP after a while) then that's their issue.
  2. BCeagle08

Honestly, if you actually bought a premium membership without realizing that you needed to remain in auto-renew to receive the 500 SC a month, you aren't very bright. It is EVERYWHERE. There are multiple steps you have to go through to purchase the subscription, and each of those steps has the condition plastered all over it. In fact, there is only ONE page that has the confusion you are talking about. Is it confusing and misleading? Yes, the lure you into the subscription area where you then find out that it's 500 SC not for signing up, but for being enrolled in auto-renew.

Are you a moron if you listen to that one page over the multiple pages that clearly state otherwise? Absolutely.

If you don't think the subscription is worth the money, don't buy it! Problem solved. If you are honestly irked by their incentive program and somehow think that it's misleading, you're not very bright. It's very very clear. Perhaps people should read before they purchase something.

As for this response...

"No, because the offer is there for 12 months+ auto renewal as well, if you subscribe for 12 months and leave your CC details with them, you will get the 500 SC every month for SC, if you cancel on the last month it wont renew your subscription yet you will have still recieved your 500SC.

What they are doing is offering an incentive and then hoping you forget to terminate it so they get to fleece you for another year of subscription you dont want.

The issue that arises is that people dont want to leave their details on such a system, rightfully so given Sony's past with such matters..."

SOE had two options :

1) Have auto-renew, and to get people to use it, put an incentive on it
    2) Not have auto-renew

Clearly #1 is better for them. For legal reasons, of course they have to let you cancel auto-renew if you want. I don't understand what your beef is. Because you can cancel at the last minute it somehow makes their practice wrong? Of course they are hoping you forget to terminate it. That's the entire point of auto-renew. Are you new to the world?
  3. runekey

OP should have done more research, but that doesnt mean it's not under-handed of SOE. Given their un-reliability with keeping personal information personal, they should not punish you for clearing your CC info after a purchase.
  4. Mehuge

Your WRONG.
    If your interested to know why your WRONG, then I suggest you read some more of this thread. It's been spelled out several times. Or if you can't be bothered, I explained it : here

5. Whira

And, yet, you are wrong.

Do the following:

Go to this page: http://www.planetside2.com/shop?buy=membership

Note that in Membership Benefits it lists the following:
    20-50% Increased resource gain
    20-50% increased XP gain
    25-50% increased passive cert point gain
    Priority login
    Early access
    500 Station Cash each month

So, if you become a premium member that is what you get. There is -no- question or confusion about this.

Here is the fine print from this page:

There is -nothing- here that suggests that the 500 Station Cash is bound to leaving your payment information on their system.

Okay, now, click on a membership option to begin to payment of what you has been offered (being all the benefits listed on the membership page): You get the payment page. There is NOTHING on this page that suggests that you won't get your 500 Station Cash per month. What you are purchasing is what was listed as the product offering on the previous page.

You enter your credit card information and you are presented with the following:

PlanetSide 2 Premium Membership
    $14.99
    Station Cash Granted For Membership Upsell: 500 SC

Look at that, there is NOTHING on this page that suggests that the Station Cash is only given for retaining the credit card on file. Nothing. In fact, it looks like it is an additional 500 SC bonus if anything.

Point being: You are mistaken when it comes to the 'warnings' that you misremember seeing. That's what you are paying for.

Any bonus SC for retaining payment information with SoE is an additional bonus on top of the 500 SC base.

If anything, if I were you, I'd be asking SoE where my extra 500 SC was for leaving my payment information on their servers.
    • Up x 3
  6. MexelVanMexelen

Great post Whira. Thanks for making this so clear.
    Been watching this thread over a couple of days now, feeling a building anger at the way SOE are handling this. It feels really cheap on their part. I like the idea that we are actually due 1000 SC per month if we keep the plan recurring!
  7. Solafide

wrong, he haad personal responses by CS to his post, and who knows if he got a refund, I understood the deal, he didn't..CS even said they would reword it, so what's the problem and why is he entitled to a refund? It was a auto-renewal bonus, what's the issue here? Reading comprehenson...
  8. Mehuge

ditto - suggest you read and comprehend this thread
    • Up x 1
  9. Solafide

Funny, I'm not the smartest person on the planet and I had no problem understanding it..autorenewal, how hard is that to understand? Buying a membership, then canceling autorenewal, well? Just like every comment and post here, you pick it apart, read what you want, and play dumb on everything else...Just like when I was told strategy isn't the same as tactics...

Split hairs all you want, but if you don't understand what your getting into because of a lack of effort r comprehension, it;s your fault not theirs...

I have read post after post about how SOE does a great job and goes out of their way to help, now all the sudden one guy is confused and SOE sucks?
    Typical, you just can't please everyone...

An automatic renewal clause allows an agreement to continue for a defined period if the existing agreement isn't renegotiated within a specified time measured from the expiration of the current contract. The term of renewal depends on the specific contract language, but such clauses generally provide that the contract shall be automatically renewed for the same period (or some lesser term) unless either party, at some stipulated and predetermined time (i.e., 60 days before expiration), gives notice to the other of its desire to end the agreement. Generally, if the contract doesn't provide a time period for the contract to be subject to renewal, it may be renewed indefinitely
  10. BCeagle08

So they've changed the website and now it's no longer a requirement. What are we complaining about now?
  11. Mehuge

lol wut ?
  12. Whira

You 'understood the deal' you say? At what point did you figure it out during your purchase?

I'm curious. Was it, possibly, after the purchase was made and you had a moment of, "wtf" followed by acceptance of what SoE had done to you? And since you wound up accepting it then everyone else should? Maybe you figured it out early somehow and if that is the case then I am very impressed with your ability to understand information that isn't there.

I do appreciate that you are keeping this thread active and alive. This is something that shouldn't just 'disappear' or go away.

From the way that everything is written it looks like you are missing out on 500 SC a month that you should be receiving as well. So, this is good for you as well.
  13. Mehuge

You are completely ignoring the fact that, as mentioned in this thread several times, even just a few posts above yours, that it very much depends what route you take to purchase a subscription as to if your informed about the auto-renew requirement or not.

Any individual who doesn't already know this, cannot magically know this, if they are not informed during the purchase process, which they are not if they choose one of the two main routes to purchasing. The third method of purchasing, through your account pages, does indeed inform you of the requirement, but thats not the point, the other two don't, so even assuming an even spread of methods used to purchase, that is 66% of people are not being informed of the requirement when they purchase.

Great that you chose the method that did inform you, or that you had already picked this up from elsewhere. That is of no use to the other 66%.

To date, in this thread, only 1 single place has been quoted as informing you of this, yet 4 other places have been quoted as not giving this info (in game purchase, shop purchase, sticky thread, terms and conditions) - if you know of other places where this is documented that its a requirement then please do link them.
  14. Solafide

When I bought Alpha package and autorenewal package, I knew exactly what I was buying, but that's me...I won't speak for you like you seem to think you can speak for me...

Maybe my 3 grade education kicked in, or my college degree kicked in, but I most certainly understood what I was buying, and since this was the first and only post about this, and people like you jumping on the bandwagon because you have nothing better to do then split hairs and complain, it's only an issue because people like you make it an issue...

Peace, and good luck with that comprehension thing, I pity you come tax time
  15. Jestunhi

Yeah.

Why offer advice which could overcome his understandable problem with leaving his main account details online when you can just rage at people in caps?

You contributed waaaay more than me, thanks.

:edit:

The actual problem is the fact that although they have clarified in this thread they have not updated the appropriate page to make it clear.

There is nothing wrong with them offering an incentive to remain subscribed. But it should be clear that's what it is.
  16. Solafide

Need a hug?
  17. Mehuge

Your grade 3 education kicking in?
  18. Crator

Yes, it most defiantly should be. And if it were clear that you have to keep auto-renew on for an entire year (if you bought a year plan) they would most likely not sell any plans over a monthly one. They should change the auto-renew limit, remove it if you ask me and just give people the SC for buying in to the product.
    • Up x 1
  19. BCeagle08

The language, it's no longer a requirement.

In short, you are ******** for nothing.
  20. Whira

I am willing to accept that purchasing the premium membership through another method may have presented different information. I have gone through the steps to purchase the premium membership from the website and from within the game. In both of these methods there is no notice of the requirement for retaining a reoccurring payment plan to get the 500 SC listed under premium membership.

This gets worse if you do it from within the game:

[IMG]

Take a moment and look at that. That is the purchase message for buying the premium membership. Notice how it says that you WILL get 500 SC per month. There is no "but only if you keep your payment information with us" or "only if you keep the 'reoccurring purchase' option selected. I blocked out the last four digits of my VISA card so it is altered.

In other words, the 500 SC is part of being a premium member. This is as clear as clear can be.

Since this is the case then you should be receiving an EXTRA 500 SC for retaining your payment information in SoE's database.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.