So subscribed for year, terminated auto-renewal - no SC cash?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehuge, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schisist

I'm honestly beginning to hope this game fails hard along with every other SOE product. Just because they deserve it.

Their marketing tactics are nothing short of predation. They care nothing for their games or their customers, just an endless stream of "f2p" cash-grab games that die and are replaced with another one.

This is easily one of the sleaziest developers around.
  2. Schisist

You are a disgusting person defending executives and accountants who would step over your corpse in the street.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. STOP BEING A RABID FANBOY JESTUNHI. You look ridiculous.
  3. Adeon Hawkwood

I'll toss my name in as someone who is less than thrilled with this. I purchased a year subscription and I'm not going to ask for a refund but I also doubt that I'll renew it. The problem I have is that this is pretty clearly a money grab on Sony's part, they are hoping that people will leave their credit card's on file and then forget to cancel their subscription when it comes up for renewal. the people who get hurt the most are the people who buy long term subs who should be your main customers.

I'll also add that this is contrary to pretty much every other F2P MMO I'm familiar with (such as STO, CoH, KotOR and CO). $5 worth of store currency is a pretty common perk for the monthly subscription in a F2P model but in every other F2P MMO I've played it's awarded for time subscribed no matter what payment method is used. Now obviously Sony is free to choose whatever payment options they want but making something radically different than the industry standard does not promote happy customers.
    • Up x 1
  4. Whira

This is a terrible practice by SoE. Brutal. Dishonest. Underhanded and very shady.

Is it legal? Probably. But it sure doesn't engender any kind of goodwill or faith in the company.

I read the memberships page and had been considering getting a membership. I would have gone the yearly route 'cause that's the best bang for the buck so to speak. According to the membership page, if I did this, I would get:

500 SC per month for the duration of the membership period that I paid for. So, 12 months worth of 500 SC. 6000 SC overall. 500 every month. This is -very- clear.

Having read this thread, I will not do this. I think SoE is really really really really really really wrong in this. I hope this explodes in their face. I hope no one falls for their stupid trick.

Anyway, I click (it's Nov 29th 2012 at 7:25pm Eastern) on the 12 month membership choice and am brought immediately to a payment page. NOWHERE ON THIS PAGE DOES IT MENTION THAT THE 500 SC is only if I leave my CC on file.

I entered an invalid CC just to check something this is the message:

In other words, at no time prior to the purchase, does it say anything about the 500 being an incentive to leave the credit card information ON FILE for the duration of the membership period.

What this means is this: the OP should be given all of his SC because that is what he paid for.

If there is any additional SC given to people who leave their CC information with SoE then they should be receiving that ABOVE AND BEYOND what membership plans provide. That means anyone and everyone who leaves their payment information on file and is supposed to get a bonus 500 SC for recurring payment plans should be receiving 1000 SC per month.

Man up SoE. Abide by your own written material.

You are not allowed to alter the terms of a purchase agreement after the fact.
    • Up x 2
  5. Whira

If I were to guess: the General Forum is moving rapidly so by having this thread here it will scroll off the first page quickly. That way it'll just 'disappear' and they won't have to worry about a lot of people reading it.

I would encourage everyone who reads this thread to post on it if you agree with anything in it even if it has been said before. Something like this shouldn't just 'go away' for SoE.
  6. Chuckdatass

But if you get a 12 month subscription, the billing cycle is once a year. Or so you would think, it doesn't say if you remove your auto-pay, you will lose benefits! No money shall be invested on my side. I was going to, to support the game, but this is sleezy!
  7. BigBoz

The SC buying experience looks more horrid every day. Shame on you SOE for such horrible business practices.
  8. Freyar

My opinion is in free-fall regarding SOE's policies.
  9. DirkDeadeye

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetside-2-memberships.47099/

heh.

Not only did you not outline that stipulation.

The page you linked does not outline that stipulation.

Give him his SC.
  10. chereago

The nuisance to a gimmie gimmie gimmie society ^majority of this.

Item #1 You cancel your auto sub, yes they wont rebill your card..................Your Card is Still on File. Transaction item #XXXXX billed to card# Name Address. This information is stored. Different system but stored.

Item #2 Alot more than just SoE has been hacked that holds credit information, banks, credit reporting agencies, ex. Soe has stated they do not keep complete detail of members CC #s on the same system that got hacked it only shoed last 4. Even if it did cancel your card, bank reimburses simple (yes it is simple unless youve got bank of america)

Item #3 Every time SoE does something, changes something (NGE) EVERYONE SAYS "I'll never play another soe games" "SoE will fail" "this game will die". Hate to say it you vented false statements, everyone but yourself may know its a false statement and see you again in 3months - 1 year.
  11. notyourbuddy

Wow. The man pledges 120$ for the game and SOE tries to screw job him with small fine print. So small and fine in fact that it is invisible to the human eye. I'm so mad I could punch a kitten in the face.
    • Up x 2
  12. Acuta

And this is exactly why I held on on subbing this game. Sorry folks, burn me once......

Guess I won't bother until (unless) they put in PayPal as a subscription option. At least they have proven to be above the norm for trustworthiness when it comes to personal info.

Like the game, yes, not putting my neck out for it.
  13. DirkDeadeye

14. xenoneo

Wait....what?
    I paid with a visa gift card, and not once was I led to believe that renewal was anything more than simply continuing to be a member.
    You can't charge a gift card that had all it's money used, so I removed the payment type...
    If I hadn't seen this link on reddit, I would have never believed I would be getting screwed, at least not for another month when the 500 sc didn't come.
    This is low SOE.
    I'm pretty shocked.
  15. Whira

The funny part: Accord for SOE reps ff you had -not- removed the empty credit card info you would have received the monthly 500 SC. How messed up is that?
    • Up x 1
  16. Scythless

So what they are saying is
    Step 1: Apply Sub with real CC
    Step 2: Change Credit card info to a fake CC (all 0's or something) and keep getting the 500 SC

How does this seem logical?
    • Up x 1
  17. VioletViridian

SOE should eat the costs of their petty station cash, because really? PS2 is a new game and anyone willing to put down money is supporting the new economy as is, ONTOP of that they totally screwed the wording on the subscribe pages.
  18. Whira

It isn't logical. It's a situation that the people who came up with the idea didn't even consider so instead of going, "oh hey, our bad, here's your station cash" they played the, "We tell you about it, so it's your fault not our's" when, in fact, they don't tell the customer before they make the purchasing decision.

By the way everything is written players who maintain a reoccurring payment with SoE should be getting -1000- Station Cash. 500 for being a member as per the benefits of being a member that is listed everywhere PLUS the 500 bonus for reoccurring payments on top of that.
  19. rayvon

Idiot
  20. Uncle Coord

Wow having just read through this thread I just want to 1. bump it to the top, but also add my voice to that of the disgusted masses.

This is completely underhanded and shady, I know we should be used to it by now but seriously... I cannot express my levels of disgust for SoE's conduct in this issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.