So subscribed for year, terminated auto-renewal - no SC cash?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehuge, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zapmunk

I was considering buying some SC.

I think I'm going to wait.
  2. Mehuge

Well for me, subscribing for 12 months was my way of showing SOE that I appreciated their effort they put into producing this game. Unfortunately they then went and shot themselves right in the foot buy taking away one of the listed benefits leaving a nasty taste in my mouth which will make me think long and hard before wanting to give SOE any more of my money.

Huge FAIL on their part that wasn't it.
  3. foesjoe

Bump.

This is criminal. Somebody should drag them before the European court. There's no way they would get away with pulling **** like this.
  4. Mehuge

^^ This

I have wondered all along, if that's how its meant to be, but SOE have not come forward and confirmed or denied that. Only that the 500 SC 'bonus' is for auto-renewing. -- so begs the question, are we talking about the same 500 SC here.
  5. Achmed20

cant you just resub with the monthly subscription and leave it on? it wont kick in till next year november anyway and this way you have an active subscription!?

also, i subscribed for a month only (not cancled) but instantly got my SC Cash.
  6. Uncle Coord

Side note, I just sent this to PC gamer, when I have some more time I will also be submitting this thread to Kotaku and RPS, SoE cannot be allowed to treat their customers in this way...
    • Up x 2
  7. Solafide

That's awesome..asked and answered...
  8. Solafide

You have all these great responses, customer service answers this post and even states that they will reword just so there's no confusion....

While I agree that the wording 'might' be a little confusing, they are doing their very best to help you, and it's just not enough...

Great job SOE for taking care of this guy...you just can't please everybody, no matter what...
  9. Uncle Coord

There is nothing confusing about the ingame store, where it says absolutely nothing about removing your monthly SC, infact its very clear that if you subscribe you will get 500 sc a month.
  10. DirkDeadeye

Did you read the individuals responses, he got an automated response. He has not gotten a refund.
  11. BCeagle08

I don't understand what the issue is. They want people to have auto renew, so they put a carrot out to encourage that. The carrot that exists for subscribing at 12 months is the discounted cost. I don't understand why you think it's criminal to have two different incentives for two completely different concepts.

I thought it was very self explanatory that you needed to remain enrolled in auto renewal in order to receive the 500 station cash. I completely understand why they do this, they want auto renewal on because it's much more profitable than having people buy chunks at a time that do not auto renew.

Again - there are two different incentives here - one being an auto renewal bonus and the other being a long term subscription discount.
  12. Uncle Coord

No, because the offer is there for 12 months+ auto renewal as well, if you subscribe for 12 months and leave your CC details with them, you will get the 500 SC every month for SC, if you cancel on the last month it wont renew your subscription yet you will have still recieved your 500SC.

What they are doing is offering an incentive and then hoping you forget to terminate it so they get to fleece you for another year of subscription you dont want.

The issue that arises is that people dont want to leave their details on such a system, rightfully so given Sony's past with such matters...
    • Up x 1
  13. Mehuge

I tried re-subbing (though admittedly for another 12 months) and it wanted to charge me there and then, even though I had an active subscription - so that part seems broken - it may have just been a display problem - but I wasn't hitting confirm to find out.
  14. Mehuge

I haven't had a refund yet. Though I have been offered one and accepted it. It is allegedly in the process of being refunded (my subscription was cancelled by SOE at least) but it will take 5-10 days to clear.

But the main point is your not pre-warned there is this condition when purchasing, you are only told when you try and cancel. The 500SC is sold as a membership benefit not a bonus for auto-renewal. Unless as has been raised, there is actually 1000SC up for grabs, but SOE have failed mention that in this case if there is.
  15. Tobax

Yes you are, I did my sub the day before game launched and had that picture on the side which says 500sc for auto renew plans only.
  16. Moxin

I just wanted to ask why actually you get only the bonus when you stay active and my thoughts were about "forgetting to cancel" and " "stock market/investors and active subscriber" lol
  17. Tarrick

You're still going on about this? SOE responded to your request, admitted their mistake with the wording, and offered a refund SIX DAYS AGO. There's really nothing else you could ask for. All you're doing is rabble-rousing.

Just in case others did not see it:
  18. Mehuge

I was simply responding to a post in my thread, which is how forums work is it not? The response you seem to have taken exception to was not even a repeat of anything I had previously said.

Yes, I was almost immediately offered a refund, although I have yet to receive it though SOE have cancelled my subscription now, and I am assured the money will be in my bank within 5-10 working days.

However, the main issue remains, which is that membership is still being mis-sold. So thank you for bumping the thread, it will help ensure people who are thinking of subscribing or have already subscribed are at least informed of what they about to or have already actually bought.
  19. Whira

And yet the wording remains the same from SIX DAYS AGO (to use your emphasis) and if you read the membership benefits it clearly states that you get 500 SC per month. This is very clear. Very very clear. There is no confusion in how they worded it.

You become a premium member - you get 500 station cash per month of being a premium member.

That is what the offer is. There is -nothing- that suggests otherwise.

What I would be asking for in Mehuge's position would be the 500 SC per month that I was offered as part of the proposal of becoming a premium member.

What I don't understand is how any customer can not see how this is SoE trying to be very shady and underhanded towards what would be their best customers. This whole thing makes no sense from a business perspective.

What SoE is trying to claim is that there is also a bonus for maintaining payment information with them. That bonus happens to also be 500 SC. As such, the way that SoE words it and proposes anyone who enters into a reoccurring payment with them should be getting 500 SC as their premium membership gives them PLUS an addition 500 SC for leaving their payment information on file.

Personally, I think the 500 SC bonus for leaving payment information on file is silly but that's their choice.

Knowing that and if I wasn't bothered by this whole thing, I would buy a 12 month membership with a prepaid Credit Card with $120 on it. Then I'd leave that credit card on file with them to collect the bonus 500 SC per month (on top of the 500 SC I should be receiving for having a premium membership.)
  20. Mehuge

Did you not see the screen shots on the first page?

I am aware that, if you subscribe through your accounts page, you do get warned. However as can be seen by the evidence I provide on the first page of this thread, the two main entry points for new customers purchasing a subscription, don't mention auto-renew at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.