Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. JonboyX

Gal hovers at max altitude = portable and infinite spawn beacon? Even better, as you can co-ordinate drops more easily. Might get a bit crowded for platoon based antics inside the gate shield. Going to be funny seeing 5-10 sunderers all parked up inside that amp station!
    • Up x 2
  2. TheMatrixMC

Please tell me you fixed the alt tab crashes.
  3. RyanGUK

• Up x 3
  4. Imthehunter

Clan night planned, check. Patch day, check.

Waaaiiiit... I've forgot something...

Oh yeah, servers down for a day, not checked yet but highly likely.
    • Up x 2
  5. NyHoK

• Up x 1
  6. VonStalin

squad deploy in galaxies?
    It seems I have bought skyguard just on time :D:D:D (evil)
    Thats gonna be fun :D
    • Up x 3
  7. ForumSidePro720

Because you can't move players from their squad to another squad after they spawned and move dead platoon members in that squad to spawn...:rolleyes: Did you ever play Battlefield? One player (Preferablu a Recon with a Spawn Beacon) can move the whole team (32 players) to the other side of the map.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gorion

Ok now u can spawn in squad vehicles.... hmm hope a dev minded the NO DEPLOY ZONES!! Or we will have now a hand full sundis, not deployed, inside a Outpost as endless spawnpoint! Or even better driving around the center of an OP working as shooting mobile spawnpoint... hmm don't think that this is a good idea ;)

Hmm u can also spawn in Galaxys.... ok hope no i pray a dev minded the NO DEPLOY ZONES!! And extended them to the end of the sky! Or we will have a Galaxy hovering above a OP, out of reach, working as an endless spawn drop point station! And yeah there are ESF's but try to kill 6 Galaxys hovering above a OP ..... full of AA guns... ;)

Hope this will work as intended! i don't think so ;)

Best part of this Patch for me:
    • Automated Warpgate rotations are now scheduled. The first one is THIS FRIDAY! :) give the fourth faction a timer when they need to log on there "alts" :eek:
    • Up x 2
  9. Longasc

• The Sunderer AMS no longer requires an item to be equipped in order to function. Once the certification is purchased, it is always available. This frees up the Utility slot on the Sunderer for other items.
    This is quite a major change. As 99% before had the AMS equipped, now you will have 99% with AMS and guess what, Barrier-Breaking.
    I see lots of Sunderers rolling into stations, and I am not sure if this is a good thing.
  10. Hypersot

I would up this 1000 times if I could

Most immersion breaking thing in the game imo
    • Up x 2
  11. ChapmanBaxter

The era of the highly armed, mobile, flying spawn beacon with 7000 HP is upon us... Think about that for a minute.
    • Up x 4
  12. dirtYbird

Heres hoping it fixes the horrendous login times after a CTD which is usually every 2hrs or so.
    And a maybe a fix for the constant lag pauses.
    Optimization is running worse for me with those bugs atm.
  13. DocteurVK

Deploying mines right behind the shields could give you some nice bonuses...

Of course, there will be more Mineguard / Shield diff sundies at the end, but maybe it will create a new kind of Meta for all those bases...
    • Up x 3
  14. LunacyStudy

New Amp Station layouts do not have the point inside the main Amp Station. They have 3 scattered across the base. In these cases, a Gate Shield Diffuser Sunderer will only be effective in capturing one point. A Gate Shield Diffuser Sunderer moving through the main structure in these bases will be incredibly close to the defenders' spawn room and highly vulnerable, while providing no benefit.
    • Up x 2
  15. Bear

Here's an idea, rather than standing behind a shield trying to get cheap, easy noobtastic kills, take 11 of your friends and redeploy to the nearest base come back and and try to blow up all of the enemy's spawns? It works, you should try it!

Then again, it's not quite as awesome as sniping behind a shield.........
    • Up x 3
  16. OldMaster80

Me and other players have been said this when it came out on test server. This configuration will allow tons of abuses.
    • Up x 2
  17. kadney

What does "WDS" mean? o_O
    • Up x 1
  18. Grayson

So shield defuse sundies which can drop troops in every 15-20 seconds?Than why do we even have shields in bases? or shield gens? Now they can be ignored? Where is the downside?
    Soooooooooo stupid AGAIN, another step forward to becoming an even more mindless mainstream shooter.....

TL;DR: Another great patch... #sarcasm
    • Up x 3
  19. Bear

It's really astounding the amount of crying and whining that goes on with every change. I seriously doubt SOE is going to revert to having a dozen Sunderers all deployed in the same 50m circle. They haven't said they were removing NDZ's. The AMS ability being passive doesn't imply they've changed all of the other mechanics.

As for the Galaxy changes, now maybe the ESF's will have something to do other than rocket ****** infantry.
    • Up x 2
  20. Pherlofsky

One word teamwork... This patch is mainly focused around that concept... If you want to stop teamwork like the dedicated gal pilots/ sunderers acting as mobile spawn points then you will need to use some team work to keep them out... Aka coordinated Aircraft and tanks.

This gives a tanks/aircraft a reason to exist to make sure these things get into enemy bases or to stay out of friendly bases.

If you really are disgusted of this idea then you should have checked the road map and weighed in when they were talking about and/or participated on the test server.
    • Up x 5