Server Downtime for Hotfix November 25, 2013 4AM PDT (1PM CEST)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Obstinate

i'm fairly sure that NO GAME CHANGES means that nothing will be changed in PS2. whatever maintenance the servers need, SOE needs 4 hours to do it. Until a dev says that it's for a patch, then it just means GENERAL maintenance on their rigs.
    • Up x 2
  2. SGT-Bilko

Believe me, if they are bringing down servers for 4 hours mid double xp, something is taking place, lol.

Edit:
    If not, it would just be a rude waste, This is mid player prime-time.

Edit 2:
    I just started white screening on 2 factions, luckily I play all 3 so I still have 1.
  3. Obstinate

perhaps. but i don't think it's to take down the 2x XP . . . seriously, it could be hardware maintenance or something completely irrelevant to the game's substance. most patches i've seen take 90 minutes. it will not take 4 hours to take off double xp.
  4. SGT-Bilko

Man this spawn in VR is no good. I want to go back to spawning in another continent.....wow, I am actually stuck, had to log out after all that wait...

@Obstinate; I was not talking about them taking down x2 xp I was talking about them doing another patch at the end of it for so long, and it having to be important to something for them to do it at this time
  5. lambusado

I think you know what Validate Game Files is right?
    Had the sae thing as everyone else (96% stuck) used it and in 10 minutes I was in, same thing as my outfit mates. People sometimes are a bit blind or they just do not want to find fixes on their one. Other times, they just want the moral down.
    • Up x 2
  6. f0d

did nothing for me and many others

every time someone says that (validate game files) it finds nothing wrong for me - validate will only help if you have errors or something in your games files which i never do

just because something works for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone

you seem to think that because you dont have problems then nobody should

you can see here
    that i tried and it did nothing
  7. lambusado

Today I could not login to the game and crashed.
    What did I do, VALIDATED THE FILES.
    Nothing wrong appeared and I was able to login shortly after with no problems.

Many of my outfit mates had the same problem and they did the same, sortly after they log in.

''just because something works for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone'' and this worked for more than 10 or 15 guys
  8. f0d

well for the last few days it has been fine and i havnt had any crashes or anything which proves to me it was a server side screw up - you can say whatever you like at least i diddnt crash today or yesterday

(i will use your logic here) because you crashed today and i diddnt means theres something wrong with your computer and mine is fine

and again just because it worked for 10/15 guys doesnt mean it will work for everyone

validating DID NOTHING for me when i had the 96% issue - just because it fixed you and your friends doesnt mean it will fix everyones
  9. lambusado

Well, then I really need to check my machine and many of the people of my outfit that did not complain :D
    Thanks
  10. f0d

maybe you do if you keep having errors and have to validate and i have never had a single error or needed to replace any files whenever i have tried to validate

i havnt had a single issue until they had the 2X XP and the first hotfix
    not a single one
    • Up x 1
  11. lambusado

I have no errors when validating, the crash I had was because I hotfixed my game today
    Life you know :D
  12. f0d

if you had no errors and no bad files then validating did nothing and you were just lucky enough to not crash this time (all validating does is check and replace bad/missing files)

you "hotfixed" your game today? you mean you only just downloaded the hotfix from friday? it should have loaded before you started the game - mine always does
  13. lambusado

I did and it did load.
    And validating should see if you PC was picking the right things too.
    At least it is how I see it.
  14. f0d

i dont get it what did you hotfix then if it did load? and if it did load then why validate because all that would do is fix files and download missing ones

picking what right things? all validating does is make sure your files are not corrupted and downloads files you are missing - and in either case you have problems if that happens
  15. Donaldson Jones

I re installed on Friday after 3 months or so I have to re install the game, the crashes seem to pile up after 3 - 4 months.
  16. ironeddie

So I'm off work yesterday (Sunday) & today. So I thought I'd activate a boost took advantage of it yesterday & thought I'd play all day today to make the most of the boost. Now I'm loosing 4 hours in the middle of the day. So annoyed I wasted that boost!
  17. blampoet

yeah, by removing the double XP they fix the lag (lots of players leave :p )
  18. blampoet

4 hours... that's not the double XP
    that's the "surprise everybody has been asking for" getting snuck in... (scheduled reveal dec 1st)

where are those guys who know how to take apart the update and analyze the files?
  19. PastalavistaBB

Good thing I didn't activate any boosts during the "Double XP". Servers were taken down everyday for at least 2 hours in the afternoon (EU) and there was massive lag that lead to 4-5 seconds delay on my interactions. And now I'm supposed to buy 40$ worth of pim-ped out golden weapons which half of them I already own? Sony you better keep the Double XP up until new year to make it up or you won't have players/customers left to play this game. And what in the world does take 4 hours unless you are planning to clean every little fan that your servers have?
  20. SlipreeGypsy

Any ETA on a warpgate rotation????

You've had about 5-6 chances to do one in the last 2 weeks.
    • Up x 1