Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. RockISonner

"Just" roll the patch back. Leave the double xp on until the 1st of january, and go on holiday.
  2. AirSuicide

TO ALL INDIVIDUALS COMPLAINING ABOUT EU DOWNTIME:

1. SOE is a US based Company, This means all of it's servers run on US timezone.

2. All work hours scheduled at SOE, run on US timezone

3. EU timezone in 12 hours off US timezone, Your Prime time is when the Work day STARTS here in the US. Your off time is 3 am in the morning, when SOE is CLOSED.

This is why fixes and downtime's are done during EU prime time, Because SOE is closed and CAN NOT do the fixes during any other time.

THANK YOU NOW **** ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!!!
  3. AirSuicide

Lol after the patch every single TR max I saw had Pounders, nothing else, just dual Pounders.

Generally this is a sign that something is over powered when an entire faction across the entire game ONLY uses that weapon.

Just saying.
  4. AirSuicide

Yea.. Some of WOW's patches lasted for 3-7 days.
  5. pavelman

Now just played. all works.:D
  6. Ulrahgol

i would like to say i had these problems until a moment ago.

after the patch my game wouldn't load past 96%, after restarting the client 5 times it`s good now and loading fluently
    (could this problem have anything to do with the servers tough? or is it the patch?)

after that was over with i was unable to login with my characters, i guess because the servers where clogging
    (on planetside-universe.com/server_status i stated that there was only a medium load on Ceres(the server in question)tough, how often does this site refresh the server status?).

as a friendly suggestion i`d also want to say that, since the servers are clogging up at times, you might want to consider adding a message of sorts stating this problem and maybe even add a timer to that so people know where in the queue they are and how long they should expect to be waiting.
    this would substantially decrease the amount of panic and screaming that happens where an instance like this should occur again and re-assure people.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flyaxl

Guees who's stuck at loading screen? Yeah me and my 96%
    • Up x 1
  8. ncDieseL

If they did the maintenance later in the day US time it would fall outside our prime time.
  9. Snicklefritzll

This is beyond absurd SOE. I tried playing this week to no avail with multiple crashes. I decided to try again today when it was said another patch would take care of previous issues and double xp would be given as compensation. After a 45 minute period of attempted logins and finally being successful on my last login, I was disconnected from the server when I finally got into a battle.

I'm a paying member. (Auraxiam Level) While I love the game and I understand issues that arise from making the game better, if I can't play the game, then I'm not too sure why I should keep playing.

Intermittent issues for this long is beyond ridiculous.
  10. Theghostwad

So, I changed my membership status to non-renew. And the SECOND I did I had 0 problems logging in. I'm not joking.
  11. SashsaACIII

+ 96 Fix ! Severa OFF
  12. Tunapiano

if they did it later in the day US time then it would fall in US prime time. no thanks
  13. Fenrix

so... your using a single log in server for every single player of planet side then? because I shouldn't have login traffic jams playing on briggs at 5AM if that was not the case.

also... whats the point in logging in again after being disconnected every 10-15 minutes and losing all progress from the time I played?
  14. AirSuicide

SOE is open from about 9am to 5pm (But the work involved is more along the lines of 6AM to 12 Midnight), Maintenance at times can take about 6-12 hours (which is what they a lot for) If they started later in the day they would not be able to finish before 3am in the morning after SOE is supposed to be closed, and the devs would not even be able to get home before they needed to be back at work for the next day.

So no, it's not really possible. Unless SOE wanted to hire a 3rd shift / Night Shift. (Don't hold your breath).
  15. Corvus Corax

would like this. holiday servers or something.
  16. Brainwayne

Game mechanics are even more broken than before the PU and the hotfix...
    All the changes in balance are clearly showing that you guys have no clue of gameplay...
    half the patchnotes are just wrong! f.e. the hit detection is even worse than before...
    you introduced a ton of new and annoying bugs...

thanks SOE, you finally made me stop playing this game... I hope you all get fired for your incredible incompetence! have a nice "auraximess" or whatever!
  17. TheCuqui

Ok, so my server is quite populated, or so says the game launcher, I load the game, select the character, press log in, logging in message appears and I wait and wait, and wait. What's going on today.
  18. Amit2120

am i the only one who is lagging so badly or are there more?
  19. AirSuicide

IM stuck at 96% also. 4:45 eastern Standard, 1:45 pm PST
  20. Badname10413

the vanguard is op now. since everythings been nerfed it takes them longer to get down on health. finally your about to finish them off and they can pop their shields again :/ but dont worry cause tr can still not move as our special.
    • Up x 1