Scheduled Maintenance March 20th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobDominator!

Im really happy!....Finally u guys fixed the client crashes, I've been having some issues that kept from playing the game for 3 months! Do client crashes relate to me tweaking my useroptions file? Like having zeros in it, and having my graphics settings screen have blank spaces? pls I need an answer!!!!!!!!!!
  2. blueangleofdeath

I'm actually excited about this update :) I haven't been excited in a while.
  3. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

Does someone on the team have a personal vendetta against the Crown? Are you going to make it flat next?
    • Up x 3
  4. andy_m

I agree with 1) and raised this myself in an earlier post.

However, I strongly disagree with 2) on the basis of Planetside has sniper rifles available and therefore, like it or not, head hunters are very much a part of this game.
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

This might end up a little disappointing if people learn and camp these locations.

While I agree...

They could give us a long ranged IRNV rail attachment that links up with our scope to provide an accurate outline of the head...thus making the hitbox smaller without throwing us off with large helmets.
    • Up x 2
  6. BeyondNInja

This is an excellent change, for multiple reasons
    a) HV ammo will actually be a good option now
    b) Carbines will have more variety because long-range carbines should feel less like gimped ARs
    • Up x 1
  7. Posse

Thanks! :D
    • Up x 2
  8. GotCerts

Nice update. Although, class quizzes still isn't working for me on any of my characters.
  9. Nitrobudyn

I suggest to focus on invincible infantry units - Liberators are more spectacular, but it's probably the pilots that makes them invulnerable. Yesterday i saw an invincible 1/12 sundy, which turned killable when the driver sat on cannon seat. The sundy blew up, but the passanger remained untouched among the ashes. Bullets, nor rocket missile wouldn't register - just like in warpgate safe zone.
  10. Sirrace

Hi RadarX,

Could you or someone else let us know approximate the completion time of this maintenance? Itching to get on this morning :)

Cool updates! Thanks!
  11. GotCerts

ETA when the game would be online again?
  12. SenEvason

Thanks for delaying the death screen until the animation played. It was extremely jarring while playing to just be thrown into the death screen without really knowing what happened.
  13. NoobDominator!

Im really happy!....Finally u guys fixed the client crashes, I've been having some issues that kept from playing the game for 3 months! Do client crashes relate to me tweaking my useroptions file? Like having zeros in it, and having my graphics settings screen have blank spaces?
  14. PastalavistaBB

I think this issue has been beaten to death. It's better to give no ETA if there's no guarantee that they'll make it at given time.
  15. ShotMeTender

Sorry misunderstood patch points, bullet speed will remain the same **** :(
    • Up x 1
  16. stalkish

Im not sure if i would prefer this or not, because what about the following:
    Player A does 99% damage to enemy,
    Enemy kills player A
    Player B rounds corner and does 1% damage to enemy and actualy kills that enemy.
    Player A gets ?
    Player B gets ?
    On one side, player A died to the enemy so doesnt deserve 99% of the xp, but on the other side player B has only done 1% so isnt realy deserving of the xp either. Its a difficult thing to sort out as im sure there are people on either side of the coin.

The way they've done it (if im understanding it correctly) is to reward the killer with normal kill xp, but also give the assister the % of xp based on how much damage they did. It does seem to be a decent compromise because the assister gets 50% of the kill xp if they do 50% damage, 80% for 80% and so on.
    Not sure itl solve the kill stealing issue but as long as the enemy dies i try not to care who gets the kill, it can be annoying when some1 is blatantly sat there waiting to KS instead of helping kill the thing quicker tho.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jbn0s0rus

Good stuff.

HV ammo finally a viable option! And supressors not deadly penalizing.

Tweeks at Quartz Ridge and The Crown? I'm looking forward to test that.
  18. Sirrace

The deployment of a new build is fairly consistent when the green light has been given to proceed. They'll most likely have a shakeout afterwards to make sure everything is running smoothly, but an ETA is still an estimate -- not a guarantee.
  19. Alzir

Just checking that I've got this right, but is the minimum damage range the point at which a bullet starts inflicting it's minimum damage value, whereas the maximum damage range is the point at which a bullet stops inflicting it's max damage value?
    If that's right then an increase in the min damage range basically increases the damage you can do at mid ranges because the gradient of the decline in damage output between the maximum damage point and the minimum has been reduced?
  20. Biytor

Nice fixes, but one that caught my attention was "The pool for assist XP is now equal to the kill value. Ex. a 500 point Magrider that you do 50% damage to will award 250 points." That is a welcome change, no more racing to the kill shot anymore.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.