Scheduled Maintenance March 20th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovaAustralis

Good stuff!

As was already asked, does this include / resolve the 'kill stealing' issue?
    (e.g:
    Player A does 99% damage to an enemy,
    Player B does 1% damage to actually kill that enemy.
    Player A gets 99 XP,
    Player B get 1 XP.)
    Good to hear.
    Was this based off community feedback? or something identified 'in house'?

Is that horrific Kill Map next on the chopping block?
    (It better be...)
    Good to see.
    Squish dem bugs!
    Do you look at the 'Gameplay Bugs' portion of these forums and make a list of bugs for the next hotfix?
  2. kadney

I hope you adresses the general flow direction, the unrealistic influence of wind and the "material" behaviour. (Soil with nanite metal particles? :eek:)

I am wondering why it's that hard to implement more realistic looking water with waves caused by players movement and bullets, splashwater from bullet impacts and so on. Is the engine having trouble with it or is it just way too much work? :confused: (It doesn't have to look like water in Crysis or such, but it would be great if it didn't feel that "sterile". :) )
    • Up x 1
  3. PastalavistaBB

There really should be a guide including official numbers from the Devs concerning Soft Point Ammo, High Velocity Ammo and Supressors. There's nothing that indicates numerically what these 3 actually do. Some Youtubers say that HVA increases overall Bullet Velocity by %10, while Soft Point Ammo decreases it by %10, but increases the maximum damage range.(Damage drop off delayed) I didn't see any official numbers from the Devs yet. It would be really nice to see in-game, how different ammo types and attachments (including supressors) effect a weapons performance.
    • Up x 6
  4. DrPapaPenguin

Jump jets for me are still broken :(
  5. kadney

I will take the chance and toss these two suggestions in, I made years (*cough*) ago. This could fix a lot confusion about all the weapon stats and attachments. Sadly I don't even know if any developer even saw them yet, since I got no response at all.. :(

[Suggestion] Influence of attachments on weapons in loadout screen.

[Suggestion] Improve weaponstats with description tooltips.
    • Up x 3
  6. iPlague

**** that means the AC-X11 with HVA is now somewhat on par with the Reaper DMR!

Oh thank GOD, I guess we can call this a general FIXING of the hitboxes then I hope.
    No more Hit box **** please! GU02 update was bad enough, and this one was bad enough as well. For gods sake, TEST THESE THINGS before you go on live with them! /Shakes Rake In A Hostile Manner :mad:

Yay no more memory leaking FPS droppiong! Glorious stable frames!
    • Up x 2
  7. Dhabu

What's with the italic disclaimer? Did one of the devs get bent out of shape over the funny remarks after their serious fixes?

Also: Thanks for the later post about the invincibility bug progress; appreciate the info.
    • Up x 1
  8. wickedhell3

still a iddy bitty question about the straight pull: how are you gonna balance this out with guns that don't have access to the straight pull or already have?(phaseshift for example)
  9. LeafTheLeafeon

These are my favorite things on this list.
    -I wonder how/if this will improve my gameplay with my suppressed weapons? Looking forward to trying it out.
    -Very pleased the death animation is back, as being thrown to the death screen instantly was a little jarring.
    -Any crash and mem leak fixes are always good too!
    Thanks devs, keep up the good work.
  10. Regpuppy

http://i.imgur.com/HKFQygC.png

Which gun that is doesn't matter. It sums up how each ammo type works. Where soft point pushes out the max damage range at the cost of velocity. High velocity ammo pushes the range at which is bottoms out and increases velocity(how much, I don't know) at the cost of more recoil.

I also agree, this information definitely needs to be available in the tooltips/description of said upgrades.
    • Up x 2
  11. Niller

• Client memory leak fix.
    Will this fix my game so it doesn't lag out and I become unable to deal damage and makes my infiltrator decloak times longer?
  12. BilliBobBillsen

Class quizz check list
    VS: check
    TR: check
    NC: NOPE

pls fix
  13. Imthehunter

Phaseshift VX-S is a semi-automatic sniper rifle, therefore not having a pullable bolt. You have a higher fire rate as well as generally a larger clip, on top of that you also have to buy the straight-pull bolt.

Arguably it does make semi-automatic rifles a bit less useful though.
  14. sindz

MY NC char still doesnt get the quiz.
  15. Holydr4gon

GuysSsSs really ???

1-Why my healmet should enlarge my head ?
    Are the mutagenic helmets or what ?
    The flesh don`t grow cause you put something on it lol...

2-This is wrong, headshot pay too much already, making them easier to land is not a good improvment imho.
    Just consider how different is the actual time to kill if you aim for the head, basically you can melt anyone wwith evrything.
    This game is not Counter Strike, you should reduce headshots payout for have a faster game and more active.
    If people have to become headhunters there are games that are designed for that, I dont think PS2 is born to be one of this games.

I`m sorry if I look like a whiner but my concerns are quite solid and if you played more than 1 FPS you know what i mean.
    • Up x 1
  16. Katke

Sorry but that invincibility bug is more important than this update. Meaning of this game is to kill someone not otherwise..How you expect that we play when this is here. AND WORST OF ALL WILL BE IF YOU NOT PUNISH THIS PLAYERS WHO ABUSE THIS BUG.
    And about this update what to say.every update bring new problems. I like this game but with every update this game is just bad because since last upadate i can t play because of f.... lag. and before all was OK.
    You need first to fix this game and than make it "better".
    • Up x 1
  17. Torok

BANDANA NEW NC META 2014

You heard it here first.

#THUGLIFE

Too bad it won't change a thing
  18. Longasc

Regarding Velocity Ammunition changes:

Give us the exact data and stats, please. Maybe in form of a "dev blog".
    The unspecific and vague descriptions lead to the legions of often misleading or wrong videos, tutorials, threads etc. about Soft Point and Hypervelocity Ammo.
    • Up x 2
  19. dnaRIP

Good to have humor back into the patch notes! Thanks for the update RadarX!
  20. Kurvel

Agreed. I've played games for a long time and I've developed games for a few years. Last hitting does not encourage teamwork, it discourages it. It's great for personal stats but not for advancement in the game or for winning a war. We need people to focus more on not hitting allies than getting last hits.

I'm glad the devs are looking at the experience and are willing to change things. Please consider this concept devs. MOBA developers are starting to walk away from antiquated concepts like "last hitting" for points. Team based games are dependent on a fair team based reward system.

Overall keep up the good work devs. You've made a great game. Thank you for your time/sacrifice/creativity.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.