Scheduled Maintenance March 20th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy_m

Hi :)

I spend most of my time as a sniper but I am still wondering why you would need to make the head hit box larger just because of larger helmets. It is the helmet that is larger, the head is the same size regardless. If a bullet clips the helmet then, in my humble opinion, it should not count as a head shot, or do any damage at all for that matter. It is just a helmet.

I can add that, after the recent head hit box change I didn't really notice much difference and I was still managing my usual amount of "success" rate with my head shots, so, again, I'm wondering why you would need to increase it.

cheers :)
    • Up x 4
  2. St0mpy

Oh great, more hand over fist power buffs for NC weapons with lower power TR/VS weapons not really getting much of a boost in real terms.

Same poop different day I guess
    • Up x 2
  3. Spaw 13

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. Jeslis

So.. we still want to steal killing blows, as we get FULL kill xp when we KILL something.

Start making a TOTAL xp worth for ppl and you get xp based on dmg you do. make Killing blow meaningless... otherwise you'll still have people deliberately waiting to shoot in order to make sure they get the kill xp.
    • Up x 8
  5. blampoet

while i'm still on the first page- question (or just clearing up something)

is the quiz staying only for the first character you login to? (done that quiz)
    I remember reading somewhere that you'll let all alts do the quiz (never got to do it for my second alt)

wondering if i'm one of the "few remaining stragglers" or if my NC alt (with a really stubid name) will stay quiz-less.

thanks for the answers and patience
  6. RadarX

All characters should be able to do the quiz.
  7. TTex11

Good to see. That should be all that's needed to make the new death screen not quite so abrupt as it used to be. Was really jarring.
    • Up x 1
  8. NoobDominator!

Im really happy!....Finally u guys fixed the client crashes, I've been having some issues that kept from playing the game for 3 months! Do client crashes relate to me tweaking my useroptions file? Like having zeros in it, and having my graphics settings screen have blank spaces?
  9. Blackhand

Client memory leak fix.

What does this do in regard to gameplay? Does this help with input lag?
  10. Wobberjockey

in general it means you should be able to play longer before the game begins to bog down and crash.
    • Up x 2
  11. Blackhand

Ah, much thanks sir.
  12. KillerGnolle

this i like the most.

/insert NC Cloakingsoud

*Waits for victims by using the Stalkercloak*
  13. Ramonka

Back this week, it happened to me, that i was fighting somewhere, then instant action redeployed to some other location, but I was still getting the status and shouts of the base I was before the instant action redeploy. It finally switched to my current position after some time, but it was quite after a long time tho abd am not sure what caused it.
  14. Larolyn

The velocity changes sound very interesting but the details are hazy. Just moar stuffs is happening. Got some hard numbers you can share?

And the minimum damage range of the LA8 Rebel increased by 3,5 meters. Increased from what starting point?
  15. VonStalin

"Velocity Ammunition changes"
    Could you please provide more information about high velocity ammunition in general?
    How much it increases the actual velocity?
    Does it make the maximum distance to be longer?
    It would be nice if you could see "+xxx" numbers in guns stats menu when certain attachments are attached..
    • Up x 5
  16. Someguy.

Thank you!
  17. Amarsir

I have to agree. I like the current formula for infantry kills, but vehicles are large and favor cooperation, and the xp system should reflect that.
    • Up x 1
  18. Amarsir

As I understand it, currently the Suppressor penalties previously were:

Bullet velocity is reduced by 20% at best estimates. Effectiveness at range is greatly reduced, in that the range of maximum damage is reduced by 10 meters and range of minimum damage is reduced by 25 meters.

So what's the minimum damage range reduction now?
  19. repairtool6

Combine this:

...with this:

AND KNOW WE ARE TALKING!

I think im just gonna retire all other aspects of the game and stay in light assault heaven from now on.

Thank you so much

Thank you thank you thank you. Cant wait to test it heh heh heh =)
  20. GeneralPeragorn

I love the little in character lines to important additions, they make reading patch notes actually fun!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.