Scheduled Maintenance March 20th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarox

This is a net EXP buff for assists compared to how it was even before they last changed it.

Before, a Sunderer might be worth 1000 EXP. An assist was like 300 EXP.

Now, a Sunderer is still with 1000 EXP. Except my assist can be up to 999 EXP.

You've always had a reason to last-hit something.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bowl

You brought back the death animation? We get to watch ourselves fall over again! :) Sometimes it's the little things.
    On that note, bring back music playing on loading after login and I'll be a happy camper.
    • Up x 1
  3. sindz

Calm down sonny jim.
  4. TheBlazing

I hope this means an at least partial fix for the crippling framerate drops and freezes everyone has been experiencing lately. Almost crashed my Scythe because of that... in a friendly Tech Plant megapad.
  5. BuddhiBadugi

Hey Radarx,

I am currently working on a spreadsheet to compare how different weapons / attachments fare with regard to their damage and thus shots to kill over range taking into account different Nanoweave levels, amount of headshots etc.

Once finished, I would like to make it available for everyone interested.

The weapon stats were recently brought back to the API, which was of great help for my little project.

Although, we do not have all metrics pertaining to the adjustments, I got the necessary ones for this task: flat values for the effects on Max / Min Damage Range for the Suppressor and both ammunition types.

With today's update, my spreadsheet cannot perform exact calculations anymore and therefore, I would like to ask some questions.

1) Effect of High Velocity Ammonition:

The Patchnotes state:

"The damage increase differs per weapon, but in general the minimum damage range has been increased by ~80% on carbines and ~40% on all other weapon types when compared to previous velocity ammo values."

This can be interpreted in different ways and I would like to ask for clarification:

If we take a carbine with Min Damage Range starting at 60m, High Velocity Ammo will increase that to 70m.

- Does the change mean, that the new min damage is 60 + 1,8 x 10 = 78m? That's how I understand it, but I could be wrong.

- Would it be possible to get exact values for each Weapon over the API?

2) Effect of Suppressor

The patchnotes state:

"Reduced penalty to the minimum damage range when a suppressor is equipped on all primary weapons except SMGs."

- How much has this penalty been reduced exactly?

- And is it equal for all weapons?

- If not, would it again be possible to receive the values over the API?

3) General question

There have been many requests for the data on the effects of attachments per weapon in the past.

- Why don't you just release all weapon data to the community, so everyone can choose their attachments wisely, taking all benefits, penalties and their playstile into account?

If you don't want to release the data, I guess we have to accept that. But I would like to know the reason, as I totally don't get it.
    • Up x 6
  6. Bowl

Pretty much second everything posted here.

I've been getting issues like that for the longest time. Ever hopeful of a fix too.
  7. AssaultPig

Previously a vehicle assist was half the value of the vehicle kill, and you got a vehicle assist no matter how much damage you had done (as long as it wasn't repaired, afaik.) You could also crit assist for (I believe) 3/4 of the value of the vehicle.

It sounds like this will be a buff to overall exp in one-off situations, i.e. crewed MBT vs crewed MBT. Seems likely to still be an overall nerf in large scale battles though; if six guys all hit a tank with rockets and one kills it, the other five won't all get credited for half the value of the kill.
    • Up x 2
  8. Malenchanment

Actually the last one was meant to be that my character has no arms when driving the flash in first person view
  9. BuddhiBadugi

You got that right. However, it actually increases the damage at every range up to the minimum damage range. The increased damage slowly builds up starting from the maximum damage range. The increase reaches its maximum (the difference in damage) at the minimum damage range without high velocity ammo equipped and from there on out decreases unless the damage becomes equal from the minimum damage range with high velocity ammo equipped.
  10. Zorro

Not to mention the flying bug when one deploys in an outpost bastion.
  11. SiosDashcR

Shouldn't it be "its"?
  12. NoctD

Not really... they're counting damage done in total, not basing in on vehicle health. The problem is damage done to vehicles often takes into account the damage previously done before the vehicle was repaired as well.

Eg.

1 person does 50% damage to an ESF. ESF repairs to full health.

2nd person does 50% damage to an ESF after the repairs.

3rd person does 50% damage to an ESF killing it (full XP).

Person 1 and person 2 would only get 33% kill assist XP only (and not the 50% you'd expect)!

The damage calculations are flawed. And overall its still a huge nerf vs. previously when you'd get 50% of a vehicle kill XP for a kill assist at minimum.
    • Up x 2
  13. Alarox

Good point.
    • Up x 2
  14. CMDante

Cool stuff. Any idea when servers will be back up?
  15. Bowl

They've been a good bit better with update times lately. Probably won't be terribly long until they're back. But you never know.
  16. salembeats

You're looking at this incorrectly.
    The head hitbox is a same (larger) size, regardless of which helmet you're using.

Up until last week, the head hitbox was larger than the head itself. Presumably, this was to account for general glitchiness and differently-sized helmets.

Once they shrunk the head hitboxes, I started having an issue where my sniper rounds would literally travel through a person's skull without making an impact.

It seems that this is a step in the right direction toward fixing this.
    • Up x 1
  17. ike_onikography

Finally they fix the HVS! When i would run it with my NS-11C long range shots didnt seem to do much more damage if any at all and not to mention the slight increase in recoil. Hurry up and get the servers back up i finally got a day off!
  18. CMDante

Servers are back up. See you all planet-side ;)
  19. Shurrikken

so....what happened to the patch?
  20. NoctD

Question is if the class quiz actually works now - and if there's any sequence you need to do correctly to actually get it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.