Scheduled Maintenance February 27th, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mormomboy

I have mixed feelings on that one, while it is kind of nice that when a friendly shoots you you yell stop automatically.
    It is sometimes helpful, some times annoying.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mormomboy

If you put the 12x scope on it, and put their head on the dot right below center of cross hairs, you will always get a one shot kill head shot. Super high bullet velocity compared to everything else makes it almost instantly hit target with very little drop.
  3. Mormomboy

I was told that only your team hears the automatic voice call outs
    • Up x 1
  4. squarebug

seems to be that way, i haven't heard any from enemies
    • Up x 1
  5. Mormomboy

Response to a support ticket I submitted.

"I'd like to let you know that while your other characters currently do not receive this quiz, the development team will be changing this feature to allow each character on an account to take the quiz and obtain the rewards.
    Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when your other characters will be able to take this quiz but we hope it will be soon. =)

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you in the meantime and should you have any future questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for playing Planetside 2!"
  6. Mormomboy

A response to a claims ticket I made earlier today.

"I'd like to let you know that while your other characters currently do not receive this quiz, the development team will be changing this feature to allow each character on an account to take the quiz and obtain the rewards.
    Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when your other characters will be able to take this quiz but we hope it will be soon. =)

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you in the meantime and should you have any future questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for playing Planetside 2!"
  7. Mormomboy

This was the response to my question to SOE claims for this.

Maybe it will include a do over...
    • Up x 1
  8. Marcel1504

I made the quiz on a BR 2 NC Char first, But I wanted this quiz on my Main TR account. So I deleted the NC character but the quiz is still not on the TR account. Is there any way now to make this quiz on my Main Character again?
  9. Mormomboy

Follow that link, the little up arrow next to "Mormomboy said"
  10. Marcel1504

So we will have another quiz on each character after the Downtime today? That would be nice. Thanks
  11. JonboyX

I made the mistake of taking the "new player" quiz without pre-reading on Twitter or the forums what it was for.
    I simply ticked off my playstyle, and ended up being rewarded with a gun I already had (the EM1). I admittedly skimmed through the process and missed the prompt to pick a different gun, but still, while I really like the idea, the execution is typical PS2: no explanation, no pre-guidance, no return. It certainly should have a modicum of intelligence and not award you a gun you already have.
    No biggy for me as I haven't really lost out, but I can imagine others being a bit frustrated by this process.

Separate point. 30 seconds for a revive? I'm interested to know what the desired outcome of this change is. 30seconds in a frantic firefight is only just enough time to get to someone if you're on the ball. If they're trapped under some vehicle spam (e.g. on a roof stairwell) then that is really short, and potentially impossible (in which case, YAY! vehicle spam wins!).

Meanwhile; if you're cruising around in a mega zerg, 30s makes absolutely no difference as people fight over your corpse.

So? Aimed at improving squad play? Aimed at penalising small squad play? Aimed as a nerf of the medic class on the whole? Or is it designed to stop mass revivals from a wipe (which it doesn't btw; thanks to rez grenades).

Just not sure what/why on this one, and while I'm interested to see how this changes things, it's not a change that people seemed to be screaming for.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sghignifiss

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm here since beta.

I'm not saying that providing input is a bad thing that shouldn't be done, if you feel this has been a bad play form SOE you're free to express it. What I'm saying here is that people that pretend a refund, otherwise they won't play anymore because of this price change is just ridiculous. Personally I even find ridiculous to spend $400+ in a game, but I suppose everyone is free to spend their money for what they want. I'm really sorry I can't understand people that stop playing a game they like because of a change that is not about gameplay, balance, metagame or similar, but about a price change in a virtual store. :eek:

The one thing I would like to make in evidence is that SOE has the right to make changes like these. It is written in the license agreement you all agreed with when you first began playing. If you were in disagree with that, you should have expressed your disappointment before accepting the license agreement, not now. If you feel screwed now, it means you just didn't know what you were doing when you were spending your money.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sghignifiss

Oh man, you opened my mind! You're so right! Next time there will be a double or triple SC weekend I'll rise my head, put the foot down and pretend a refund for all the SC I've bought at higher price! It's just not fair!! I'll stop playing if they don't give me at least 5000 free SC... a Ferrari and a plane to get out of the country!
    • Up x 1
  14. SidCom

Like i said in a former post.. This auto VO is something for small scale FPS. In PS2 often 50 of more people fighting in a CQC, it is really to much information. At least they should make an OPT-IN switch, so people can decide if they want this automatic "random" VO.

Another thing, this 30 sec. revive timer IMO is a little bit to short.
    I often play medic and its more like a hazzard now to make it in time to a dead comrade.
    I must also be careful not to get shot and cannot go in a straigth line to the dead corpse or i have to kill a few enemies before he can reach him. If i am to careless i get killed before i can service him.

WHY the devs always want to change gameplay mechanics which worked fine before or invest time in some fancy gimmicks like random VO (which is btw bugged anyway, ALL VO stopped working after 1 hour gameplay yesterday) and not focus on more important problems, like anticheat or other REAL broken things, like server POP control...
  15. wickedhell3

we just need a refund thats all
  16. Aelyn

Wow. This week's patch sure introduced a whole lot of new bugs. A few worth mentioning:

- Missing VO. This seems to happen randomly, but quite often. They appear in the chat window, but I can't hear others' or my own.
    - Whenever I log in, I am not deployed in the Warpgate, like usual. I still see my player icon on the map, but I get to a deploy screen instead. Not sure if this was intentional.
    - Wrong map colours. I didn't change anything or fiddle with any settings, but all of a sudden, all enemy territory was red and all friendly territory was blue. This also applies to conversion points. Usually friendly is red (TR) and enemy territory is purple and blue, respectively.
    - Sometimes (when the VO does work), it sounds like everyone's in a giant cathedral.
    - Missing hitmarkers. I'm not sure if I experienced this when shooting at infantry as well, because at first I didn't notice it, I just thought I was missing my shots, but I certainly noticed it when I was shooting at hovering ESFs. And I doubt I missed, the scythes were practically staying still in the air.
    - Compass is off. Looking north will actually display as NW on the compass (new minimap, though. Which I like, by the way).
    - When dying and getting to the deploy screen, it doesn't matter if I am on Indar or Esamir, I will automatically see Amerish. Some of Amerish's spawn points also seem to transfer through to the other maps. I noticed this when I tried to spawn on Indar and got "Are you sure you want to warp to another continent?". I clicked cancel and sure enough, it was indeed an Amerish spawn point on the Indar map.

I'm guessing (and hoping) most of these have been addressed and will be fixed in the downtime later today? I'm a bit curious why there were so many bugs in this latest patch, while those before have been perfectly fine and bug free.
  17. Spaw 13

Where is the straight pull bolt ?
  18. Dazewar

so when will the unnerfing of the grounder, striker and Vulcan be done as your increasing the bullet projectile velocity increase to NC and VS weapons yet that's what TR start with so your going to give the only thing you have given the TR to the other factions as well now so the NC with the highest hit damage will have better speed as well

maybe if you gave the TR something instead of stupid maxes that VS and NC seem to love laughing at and fix the spread of the mini gun the TR heavy gets cos all the enemy has to do is stand still knowing as long as your aiming at him your never going to hit him and then the complaints from team mates behind you start as your bullets are hitting them oh and the 5 minute start up on it wow I wasted a 1000 certs but wait it has great sound affects awesome bring back the mini 50 cal the one that did damage and the bullets went straight

and I don't really care about all the VS and NC people complaining and dribble all I would like is a answer from SOE
    maybe you need to stop counting the dollar signs and have a look at all the servers you have there is a lot more people that would pay for this game if only you made the 3 fractions even not like the NC scatter max that kills you with 2 shots ( one from each arm )
    the TR max the enemy just run up to you and place C4 right on you as your bullet spray is so wide and the enemy just love our lock down, 2 shots with a rocket and that's it and the enemy are even willing to wait the 3 seconds it takes to deploy before shooting you, how sweet of them

again make the game even un nerf TR

or there is no point in having the WDS as we all know whos going to win every time, the VS even half of the NC players left to go play VS
  19. FliegerPanzer

its fixed now
  20. ddraig

I especially loved the alert firing up 2 minutes before the server shut down - brilliant