Scheduled Maintenance February 27th, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 1800XRay

All I want to know is when will the servers be up???
  2. DhavK

"Client Performance – Fixed a memory thrashing issue that could cause performance hitches and issues"

does that mean that I don't have to still using the UseFences = 0 line in the UserOptions.ini anymore?
  3. n4ka

So, a cheap skate since beta wants to open the mouth when they can't back it up, lol. Not a big surprise, as the counters to my argument are the same low class ppl. LOL
  4. TheBlazing

EU player here... all my characters are gone and I am taken to the character creator as soon as I start the game. I do know that this is related to the "short downtime" due to camo problems or EU login issues being tackled right now... Does anyone know how long this "short downtime" will last?
  5. Robyn

Does someone noticed that the Railjack doesnt Headshot OHK infantry ecxept infiltrators after 150m or so?
  6. VS-rm7

Sooooooo fed up with your maintenances being performed in the EU prime time, SOE. You now have weekly patches, wow amazing, so much new content! But that means one evening every week we can't play the damn game, because all the servers are down for update. What about those who paid full price for the membership, yet can't actually play 1/7 of the time (and more, since often the updates screw up and drag out even to the next day), maybe you will refund that 1/7 of the membership fee?
  7. n4ka

The common theme seems to be casual nobodies that don't put any money down are brown nosing, while the avid players that have put money down want some answers. I guess we'll let SOE decide who to side with (Spoiler alert: there's a reason why WoW is the top MMO for the past decade, with EQN having a ridiculously small chance at even making a dent in Blizz profits).
  8. ObsidianSoul

I'm saying your complaints about the delay is OUR complaints about our charge up weapons. But nobody listens to Vanu because Higby plays NC. They keep shoving charge up weapons at us, and nobody, and I mean nobody, uses them.

Oh and at the distances where Lancers are useful (which is basically the same distances Strikers and Phoenixes are useful), you ARE basically trying to hit a few pixels on-screen with a weapon that has no zoom AND intentionally screws up your aim by requiring you to hold down mouse1 and autofiring whenever it damn pleases. Strikers have lockon. Phoenixes are guided. So at least they have a decent chance to hit.

So you're right, Lancers and Vortexes are not like hitting heads from 150 to 300m with a zoomed sniper rifle. They're like trying to hit moving heads at 150 to 300m with a handgun.
  9. ZZYZX

To all the whiners still crying about the camo:

WAHHHH, I started playing this game back in 2003 when it was $15 EVERY MONTH!!! I spent HUNDREDS of dollars on the Planetside title through my subscription (not to mention the expansions I bought), and now - the game is FREE!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

...do you see how freaking stupid that sounds???

You learned your lesson cheap. Nut up and shut up.
    • Up x 1
  10. n4ka

Too bad this isn't a sub game and instead went with a disgusting F2P system that even puts HiRez to shame...
  11. n4ka

I'm done commenting...I guess I'll put all my efforts into playing my main that already has everything and instead of playing objectives like I want, I'll just focus on farming all the noobs you want to make money from. HE back on the prowler, and hopefully they'll quit before they make the mistake of putting money down. Fair play.
  12. DhavK

Sorry wrong post.
  13. ZZYZX

I agree with you that the sub model was better. But - it's not like you have to go back to all stock weapons. I've spent 5,000 cert points in the last 2 weeks. You can play this game almost-free just fine.

I say almost, because I have spent a little myself. I paid into the Alpha Squad thing, and I also bought a $15 game card. The way I see it, any traditional game is going to cost me $60 or so, so I think it's fair that I put in at least that much or I'd feel like a mooch. lol.

But I will never understand the people sinking $600+ (and there are MANY of them) into fake clothing on a video game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vanon

Yea i found out about the changes on the Shade aka VS ESSR after this post. You guys got massivly screwed as well. For the record, higby is as NC as you are. It feels like we are the weakest empire, but i'm damn sure everyone is in the same boat, we all feel the other side is more powerful, especially on servers with pop problems.

I don't get this. On the PTS we had the vast majority agree that the rifles where good and were fine where they were at. The TR gun needed recoil control. Infact many argued the VS SR should be able to charge while cloaked (.25 sec charge, 2 second hold when charged) and have the charge hold last longer. The NC gun felt like it was just a stat upgrade, but thought it was justified as it was a faction specific weapon. Neither are really useable in their current state. They did a bait and switch, and sold us circus.
  15. Daimaru

This one was intentional. It was in the patch notes.

• Up x 1
  16. Mormomboy

I do not know when, only that it is planned to happen.
  17. 0positivo

Why is NOONE bothered with this?

WHY? WHY??

We had the option to have one continent where nighttime was CLOSE to being just a sky recolor

There were other TWO continents for those who don't like darker nights. Now, all of them are standardized

Just... why?
  18. TheTickles

I am perfectly content with how SOE is handling things and I have sunk around $200 into the game plus I am premium member.
    • Up x 2
  19. n4ka

You must be content to keep playing despite being relentlessly farmed, lol.
  20. Mormomboy

I agree with the opt in method, let the person who is yelling, choose to hear themselves, and let you choose to hear friendly call outs.

I like the forced choice to re spawn, though 15 seems reasonable enough, 10 will do.
    I do agree 30 seems short, I would be fine with 45 I think. Instead of blinking, they should display the timer for both the dead person, and show the skull with a small count down inside of it, that would be more reliable.

To answer your last question, game play to mix things up and "improve" the game. VO to make money and give people choice, I was tired of old voices to be honest.

How do you control POP? Force people to not play with their buddies on one server because too many people like it? Merge and un merge servers? There is not a good answer for that, other than giving people incentives to be in places where they are not super high pop, and log in queues. Not everyone will be happy with any of those answers.

Anti-cheat is a never ending battle. No matter what they do, people will find a way around. I don't find many cheaters anyways, though I do hear people complaining about it. Lots of people I hear called cheaters are just really good. Not all, but many of them.