Scheduled Maintenance February 27th, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 26, 2014.

1. saulotyper

is it possible that the nc on ceres do so after this update sucks?
  2. Minngarm

As someone who found infiltrator to be the weakest class in every respect in the game, This and the last patch have really helped it find its niche on paper. I have yet to see much improvement in game but maybe this patch will provide that.

As for another part of the patch, one I consider ominous foreshadowing of a lack of interest in player feedback from the dev team... Shorter and brighter nights? Are you not aware that one of the largest if not the largest supported thread in your own ideas and suggestions forum is a call to not only lengthen the nights, but make them darker, as well as making light attachments and vehicle lights somewhat brighter to add proper night fights, ya know the ones that happen in the big war movies that we all love and wish to see recreated in PS2 form via large scale epic battles at night....

This was one of Amerishs best features and now you've gone and scrubbed it away? I really question your logic on this decision in a otherwise excellent patch.
  3. Minngarm

considering the normal voices everyone can hear (and it has gotten a lot of infiltrators killed) this would kind of break with it. Hopefully infiltrator simply wont ever say that, or anyone really. Reloading is for voice comms.
  4. Gwyn07

I too have bought complete sets of camos (500 SC a piece!) I want a refund for all the duplicates now due to the new system... that is 1000 SC per set of complete camo!!! SOE you better refund me or I am never buying anything again!!! :mad:
  5. Gwyn07

I just logged in... all the camos I bought are GONE!!! FIX THIS NOWWW!!!!!!
  6. BattleMage

The starter loadouts seem really lack luster and do nothing to bridge the power gap between new players and veteran players. New players often time have to grind out 1000 certs right at the start just to get decent weapons. From what I understand that was the whole purpose of starter loadouts was to prevent new player from having to grind just to get essential equipment (C4, SMG's, Lock-On Rockets, Bolt Snipers, Max Loadouts, etc). Current starter loadouts dont give you access to any of this and instead gives you crappy low level suit slots and starter weapons.
  7. Sweatybukakky

this is a very good update. thanks :)
  8. vanu123

Why was this needed? I feel like the timer should be at the minimum 45 seconds. Also if a person is mid revive or a rez grenade was thrown nearby does this pause the timer or no? This will only decrease teamplay except in small tight squads. I also feel like since the revive window is so much smaller medics should get an xp/%cert gain increase along with it especially when reviving a max on top of a significant Revive Gun buff and a blast radius buff for Revive grenades. Why would I risk running through the line of fire to get my buddy back up now?
    Teamwork and teamplay need buffs not nerfs make it more rewarding. Give people a reason to go and help their team instead of just sitting back and stat padding.
    • Up x 2
  9. disky00

From what I've heard regarding the callouts and after playing with them for a bit, they don't seem so bad. Crisis averted. I'd still like that VGS system, though.

To the people complaining about not receiving refunds on multiple camo purchases: If you purchased them within a week or so, your grievance might be valid. However, for those that made purchases before that who are expecting to receive refunds on all of your past purchases, you made the decision to make those purchases and were clearly happy with that decision because you didn't dispute it with CS, and SOE should not be compelled to provide recompense. I'm in the same boat, and it certainly stings a bit, but if they were to provide refunds SOE would lose a fortune in refunded SC, effectively damaging SOE's profits and the game.

I'm happy to say I got two free guns, a camo, an XP boost, and all of the extra vehicle/weapon/armor variants of the camos I didn't purchase three of today.
    • Up x 1
  10. squarebug

this is my least favorite part about the patch. 30 seconds goes by in a flash, and your squad members rely on you to rez.. it needs to be at least two minutes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Minngarm

All the starter weapons are good weapons, in fact in some cases (TR medic) they are the best weapon for the class.
  12. Zorro

Quite a wonderful update, SOE. I am impressed.
  13. Codex561

It became better, thats all we need to know.
  14. Forkyar24

• The closest spawn point to the squad leader is now available across zones
    Revive Timer
    • Player corpses now have a 30 second decay timer. If the dead player is not revived before this timer then their corpse will be removed from the world and that player is no longer reviveable.

its fine how it is, I don't agree with that.
  15. Albatross039

Can anyone tell me what's the logic behind the camo change ?
  16. CoRRh

The new snipers need some adjustments. The NC Sniper has great bullet velocity, but, the delay in the shot is huge as ****, and makes leading more unpredictable than with default sniper. The bullet velocity being that high is hardly noticeable, as the delay makes you have to lead more than that default sniper. Don't know if it's a glitch that it delays THAT much, but the gun is basically **** as is. You might as well stick to the default.

I hear the TR one is fine, but possibly a tiny OP, as it kills fast as **** CQC (it's a sniper, not a smg, but it might as well be, so why did you take the shotty mode for the NC sniper?).

From what I looked at on the test server, the VS one sucks.
  17. Princess Celestia

Sure, less than 8 hours after I buy a rifle, you introduce its replacement.

And the new AUTOMATIC callouts are a bad idea.
  18. squarebug

The tr one is a scout rifle and takes 3x headshot (or 6 shots) to kill a softie.. that's op?
  19. Tacitelos

I think it's valid that some are bringing up the legal basis of arguments for some sort of refund for purchased goods which have now completely disappeared. Like many others I purchased 3 products, namely:

1 Weapon-only camo
    1 Vehicle-only camo
    1 Player-only camo

..in order to have a full set of the same type of camo. With the new patch, the above three products essentially no longer exist, which means I have been scammed. It's understandable that software, games, programs are constantly being updated, but I don't think anyone would say it is either fair or legally sound to reduce the value of a consumer's purchase by 66% as soon as a day after purchase.

I'm sure there is some clause in SOE terms of use, purchase, etc. which protects them in some way, but I think if enough people got together along with a lawyer a case could be made for consumer fraud, at least in the US, and reported to a local Consumer Protection Agency.
  20. CoRRh

Thus the "possibly a tiny op" and not "ZOMG THE TR SNIPER RIFLE NEEDS TO BE NERFED TO THE GROUND" :)