Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Katana

I checked this link out - and under active characters, what the hell happened from around the 12th of jan to a month later to make the number go steadily down from 500k to 280k...

Interesting link by the way thanks :)
  2. Draf

I don't understand why Lithcorp and Cobalt are merging...
  3. TintaBux

Some servers like Miller, Woodman won't be merged, so it will be a massive Indar fest when continent locks happen. Infact people will change servers because they can't get on Indar due to queues and can't play other continents because they locked. The problems are going to get worse.
    • Up x 1
  4. ScrapyardBob

I think that issue is because there's just not enough incentive to play on the other continents, especially when outnumbered.

There should be (3) possible bonuses, working together:

- Per server faction balance bonus, to encourage people at the character select screen to play an under-represented faction.
    - Faction balance on a particular continent, to encourage people to stay and fight when outnumbered.
    - Bonus for going to the least popular continent(s) based on percentage of server population which is on that continent.

Basically, if only 5% of the server population is on Amerish, then that continent needs to get a good and hefty 20-30% bonus. If a particular faction is outnumbered, then they need a larger bonus then what they currently have (a bigger carrot to encourage people to go to the warp gate and change continents).

The "unloved" continent bonus might need to be slow-changing and based on the past week's worth of data.
  5. TintaBux

Would be great to add, but will SOE bite? Send it to twitter and ideas forum.
  6. Masterskunk

I dont even bother playing on Woodman at the moment. We need a server merge asap.
  7. TintaBux

The two bigger EU servers will get players going there now , especially when server transfers open, Woodmann will be a dead horse in the water, Miller will go down hill as well.
    • Up x 1
  8. TintaBux

• Up x 2
  9. CzingerX

The merges are great so far. It was 12:00 am eastern time and Waterson was on high.

More epic battles as usual.
  10. Legende

Any time frame yet on this? Waiting on the tokens to play PS2 again..
  11. MittRackRObama

You're right, and I wasn't crying. Just merely stating a fact, however I admit I was wrong.

VS: 666 NC: 666 TR: 666 Total: 1998 - VS Held Amerish

That's what Amerish looked like last night on Watterson.

So basically what's happening is TR and NC players are having a tougher time getting onto continents because they overflow at peak hours. VS pops focus on Amerish (at least for now) and anyone without a subscription on TR and NC may find it hard to even get into the server.

The continent population limit definitely mitigates the 40+40+20 population advantage held by TR and NC. Trust me, it's that bad at times, and something around 37+38+25 on average. Peak hours see NC TR and VS get quite close in total population, especially when NC goes to bed so they can make it to daycare the next day ;)
  12. Schrike

Anyone notice that server merges start when someone starts playing favorites?
  13. Cymoril

We are ? Most the time when I log in the NC has VS pushed back into the warpgate along with TR. I just log out and play a TR/NC alt elsewhere. We have alot of ghost capping outfits, but not alot of defenders that dig in and stay defense. A couple deaths and the GCs run and hide on Esamir, or Amerish and do what they do best... GC!
  14. NytDragon

NC seems the strongest from 4-6 (no idea if they have more EST players or just younger players), which changes drastically after that as the TR and VS get home from work, eat a little dinner, and log on to kick the NC back to their WG. Just last night, VAST (with a few other Vanu around) defended Mao for nearly 2 hours, which resulted into a 3-way battle. VS still held it when I logged, so it was probably even longer after that.
  15. Cymoril

I did notice (playing central time) NC rule my afternoons and when the west coast players finally come on- Im winding down or going to bed. TR seem to be hit and miss for time expectations. NC is always steady for their force for the most part.
  16. Farlion

Need a merge for Woodman asap.
  17. tdogy22

So does this mean all my characters and items were moved and saved? Or do i lose everything?