Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MyOdessa

I am in exactly the same situation.
  2. MyOdessa

3. MyOdessa

4. MyOdessa

5. MyOdessa

6. TintaBux

It did not happen because we don't have server transfers yet and we have not had the merges happen yet either.
  7. MyOdessa

Jaeger + Soltech is the answer.
  8. JackD

I won´t happen. Most players other than you don´t even see it as a problem.
  9. TintaBux

Actually not true, outfits with over 300 people are addressing concerns already on Miller.

There is not a problem now no, but when server transfers and merges happen then it will start. There is allot of people being vocal about this on Miller. There is also another thread with a few pages already addressing potential issues with miller/woodman after the merges / server transfers happen.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lucanesti

I would rather queue a high pop server then join a medium one.

But, none of this matters when there is publicly available hacks for the game for free.

Also, without requiring someone to authenticate with a phone number or CC on file the hackers banned will continue to come back.

There is no hardware ban through MACID or EINs that cannot be easily spoofed you must require 2step authentication
  11. JackD

So let me get this straight, it will be a problem because those people who say it is a problem will make it a problem because they will leave to avoid the problem they are only creating because they are leaving? Is that right?
  12. TintaBux

What are you talking about? I suggest you read back in this thread and others.

The problem is simple, most players want to play on higher population servers. When merges happen most new players will join the higher populated servers (Just like they do with Miller currently because it's the most populated in Europe) But when the merges happen the two other EU servers will have higher populations (Most likely high population) so most new players will move to them. On top of that as just explained, most players want to go to higher populated servers, so when transfers open allot will move, because Miller will get less active because of the merges, as already explained to death in this thread.

The players are not making this a problem, as that's just the whole process of this game, players wanting to play on the most populated servers. Players are not saying it's a problem for them actually, because it's simple, when server transfers happen they move, new players join more populated servers, servers like Miller & Woodman suffer as a result, it's just a normal process when this kind of thing happens. (Which you can see with Woodman currently, as new players go to Miller)

The way the merges are happening will create the problem. (Miller should of been merged with lower EU server to stop this, along with woodmann being merged with something as well)
  13. Pat Cleburne

I think the devs got it right with SolTech. Notice it's only VS complaining about it? I think they are afraid they aren't going to have the population advantage every day anymore or something.
  14. Wibin

GG on this one Sony.

Connery is dead and does not get a merge.

Great.

Be okay if it wasn't 50% TR, 30% NC and 20% Vanu playing all the time. It makes for a great experience.

TR-INDARSIDE here we go some more.
  15. Ronin Oni

THere will still be fringe fights... but actually more of them over a larger selection of territories.

There's always influence battles for the territories surrounding facilities and the Zerg.

More zergs and facilitiy battles means more skirmishes...

also there will likely be more fighting constantly on Amerish + Esamir... Less than Indar now but far more than what they currently have (none) actually giving you exactly what you want.
  16. Erik

VS on waterson, despite being low pop are incredibly organized. Far more organized than any faction on Waterson and Mattherson from my experience.
  17. duskwarrior797

I am a Jeager player devoted to the Vanu cause. Previously, I also went into Waterson as NC, so I know how it is for both.

Jeager usually has high NC population, around 35% are NC and on a good day, 40%+ could be NC at once. TR also holds a decent population in Jeager, about 30-35% and on par with NC. On a good day, VS holds up to 28-29%, usually this could be lower.

Waterson, on the other hand, is a major TR server. I haven't been to Waterson for awhile, but all I need to know is that Waterson is the server that has good TR pop. So just saying, TR has the advantage on Waterson, with NC on par, and NC has the advantage on Jaeger, with TR or par. But either way, VS has a LOUSY population.

Doing this would cause VS to be utterly decimated in numbers, even with our skills. So, why merge those two when SolTech has a healthy VS population? Or will our words fall on deaf ears?
  18. duskwarrior797

No, we aren't afraid, but at the end of the day, VS will be pwned simply because Jaeger and Waterson merger gives NC and TR populations that are on par with each other while VS gets swept away.
  19. duskwarrior797

Agreed.

On Jaeger, VS have always been outnumbered and our forces get spread too thin. When we try, for example to take Zurvan back, then somewhere else major (like Tawrich) gets captured. Then we run over there and they get the The Palisade. Run over there and the comm station is gone. Go over there and Rashnu is gone. Go over there, Xeno Lab is gone. Go over there, skydock is gone. It continues until TR cuts all the way east and NC cuts all the way south. The only reasons why we even manage to capture anything is because:

1. VS raids tend to be quite organized

2. If the enemy has all the territories surronding the areas around the areas around your warp gate, there's only a couple of places to go.

What really angers me is how TR members keep saying that we are just too scared to accept the merge, and that we just want to have the huge advantage. All the heck I want is the population to be equal...it'd be nice if VS had 30% population, for once! Wouldn't that be great?
  20. RoosterNE

SOE - Connery needs to have a merge. The VS have been fighting with >25% Population for well over two months now.
    • Up x 1