Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DeadAlive99

Something I suggested awhile back is that, when they do the merges, they should keep one or two servers per region that are dedicated to 'low pop'. IOW, 1) They are labeled as such in the char. menu so you know exactly what you are getting when you join, and 2) The total population is capped at 1/3 - 1/2 of the normal max, with continent caps split into 1/3rds of the new max.

These servers would be specifically for people like yourself, as well as people who simply prefer playing low pops. regardless of performance.
    • Up x 1
  2. mrWHO

I have a question about server change tickets - will I have to pay for it? Or will I be able to obtain it for free like once per month?
  3. JackD

Does anyone know when they actually will do it?
  4. Compass

They released that already:

http://census.soe.com/

You do an API pull and save the file, then mux it how you want.
  5. TwistedX

I have to say, Im excited to go against you shortly Compass.
  6. ChickenCurrys

VS is underpopulated on almost every server.
  7. ChickenCurrys

Iam on Connery atm and VS pop is 19%. GG!
  8. KingSnuggler

Looks like Ill be paying for a transfer off of Connery due to low VS pop most of the time that I play was hoping for a merge with another server. Those transfer tokens can't come soon enough.
  9. KingSnuggler

Pretty depressing , I'd say if we don't get a infusion of VS troops once the transfer tokens come all VS should just go to one server since VS is the least played faction atm, all the sheep hopping to the FOTM faction.
  10. KingSnuggler

People want to play on high pop servers where the factions are balanced not skewed toward just one faction which is TR across the board atm.
  11. MasterCheef

Do we have a date on mergers yet? or is it just a wait and see affair?
  12. Ganelon

Actually, it's NC.
  13. Wineclaw

Actually, I play as NC on Connery. More VS would keep the TR busy.

As for your situation, I... I... what the hell was SOE thinking?
  14. Navoletti

what is the date of this changes?
    • Up x 1
  15. RD1349

One question if this is working like I think it is we will be having 2 servers working to support just one, will the map population limit go up so each continent has a higher population (if it is maybe 3000 is a good limit so other continents aren't empty) and if or if that is not the case will performance be enhanced as in less lagg etc.
    And, one last thing will players be able to transfer a character from one server to another because to quote "Connery, Woodman, Miller and Briggs" will not be part of the merges as such some people will be getting left out.
  16. McCainSmaashh

To those that are complaining about TR from Jaeger merging with Waterson TR ... I have been playing on Waterson TR and can tell you that while we may not need the population boost, we SURE AS HECK can use the skilled player boost.

I cannot give you an exact % as it is both difficult and depressing to think about but I will tell you that watching the TR from Waterson is like watching a horde of puddymen from the 'Mighty Morphing Power Rangers' attack. Think about that for a minute. It is roughly like that. They lack direction, disciprine, and most importantly a warrior spirit (aka CAJONES).

The TR on Jaeger on the other hand work together, aren't afraid of a fight, and are more competent on average.

In short, GOOD players over herp mcderp zerg population influx is what is coming for Waterson TR. As someone who happens to have his TR on Waterson, I eagerly await the server merge. I await it like the next exciting sporting event or my birthday or the weekend.
  17. m0nsta

Woodman bumb, our server needs more active players. Esamir and Amerish are empty during prime time.
  18. Ganelon

They appear to be ignoring Woodman completely. No response on Twitter and no response on the forums.
  19. Angelo85

• Up x 3
  20. TintaBux

Great stats, but is it not possible to get unique logins? For example not checking players who have more than one player. I'd like to know the average weekly "unique active players"