RIP airgame 2012-2015. Tanks, it will be your turn soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Alan Kalane

A common misconception about aces is that they spend all the time in their ESFs while in fact even the best pilots spend much more time on foot. Take MattiAce for example, he's so good with a LA he could compete with the best infantry players
  2. Hatesphere

you could try maybe having a real conversation about it instead of pretending its the same as the removal of personal liberty and **** genocide. it makes your side of the argument extremely weak if all you can do is yell about how much injustice has been committed and go all godwin. its not even remotely the same despite your weak attempts at connecting them, unless your life is so defined by this video game you forgot to go outside today.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ronin Oni

No.

This was not done because of any PC players.

This was done for PS4.
    • Up x 2
  4. CapEnTrade

Can't have a real conversation with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.
    I doubt a few minutes was enough time to go and test the controls.
    Go.
  5. Hatesphere

I really dont need to "go test them" at the moment when my point was this is not the same as genocide.... man context. and weren't you not talking to me anymore? that was fast.
  6. gigastar

And now youre just running headlong into Poe's Law.

Stop, step away from the keyboard, and think about cats for 5 minutes before continuing.
  7. CapEnTrade

^

Also, Ronin, Mr. Hatesphere is trying to tell everyone that it's no big deal and to just GET USED TO this GREAT injustice to PC players, even though he has openly admitted to not being a flyer and not testing the new controls yet. He is also calling us all crazy for fearing the quite possible that DGC will go **** up some more controls, that is unless they are stopped.
  8. CapEnTrade

Not in that thread, but now I wont talk to you anymore in this one either.
  9. Hatesphere

way to put words in my mouth sir! expertly so.

I really hope so. I thought you said you would stop before.
  10. vanu123

Ha, you said there was an armor game. lol
    • Up x 2
  11. CapEnTrade

Diversion does not change reality. Cats wont change anything.

The Na.zis told the Jews it was just a shower, but it wasn't.

DGC told us that PS4 would not screw with us, but it is and it will.
    • Up x 1
  12. Thunde333

I tested to pilot a Valkyrie with a 360 gamepad and its the same problems with a gamepad as with mouse/kb. DBG pls dont fix something that isnt broken.
  13. Foxirus

Are you sure his time as a lightassault is not simply his ejection times spent hovering to safety to pad his K/D ratio?:rolleyes:
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

15. CursoryRaptor

That makes sense. It's messed up, but it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the decision to start making the PC and PS4 versions similar before the PS4 version's release.

I could be wrong, but if what you say is true, then commonality between the PC and PS4 versions would only be helpful once the developers start coding to add new content to both versions of the game, right? So why in the world would they start taking measures to increase console and PC code commonality before the console release? It makes no sense to alienate your present group of customers before a prospective new group of customers even has access to your product, and since no new content except the stuff released today is going to be introduced until after the PS4 release, there's no reason to start making the two versions common now...

...unless the PC gamers and the console gamers are going to be fighting on the same battlefield upon the PS4 release. Which would explain why they're working on a training continent. It would be financial suicide to feed brand new console gamers to veteran PC gamers with years of experience, better hardware, better weapons, etc.

IF my suspicions are correct, things could get very interesting around here after the PS4 release day.
  16. Geddes

The outrage in this case stems from the air game having such a high skill ceiling and long skill developement time. Anybody whos gotten good at dogfighting and air combat in planetside 2 has invested a lot of hours, in most cases literally days of playtime to get their gameplay up to snuff in the air. Too say that its good for the "newbs" is so invalidating because every "sky knight" was a newb at one point, and had to suffer a crucible to get to a point where most would consider it to be fun.
  17. Hatesphere

that is no excuse for how hot the crucible has to be. "I burned my *** off now its your turn" has its limits, especially when the skill ceiling/power ratio is so screwed. Realistically this change has not been out long enough for people to be doom saying so hard, it also has not been out long enough to tell if it will truly benefit newer pilots at all.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

So wait, DBG made the air game easier to get into and that's bad because.....
  19. Jawarisin

I literally editted mouse acceleration OFF my computer. Even if I enable it on my computer, it won't do it because the whole function that controlled acceleration got destroyed.

You probably don't fly enough, but they force acceleration via the game now. It's an in-game acceleration function which has nothing to do with how your computer handles acceleration.
  20. Jawarisin

Not only have I done my part on the ground, but I'm pretty sure I've done it better than you. Would you care to share your stats?