RIP airgame 2012-2015. Tanks, it will be your turn soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Hatesphere

nope. they were real people. the concept of a PS2 pilot is not. you have been dealt no great injustice to your human liberties.
  2. CursoryRaptor

Does anybody here know why they're doing this?

As far as I know, there's no intention on the developers' part to put PS4 players and PC players in the same battlefield. (We'd slaughter the poor bastards.) So why would they change flight controls to behave more like analog when there was nothing wrong with them to begin with?

What am I missing here?
  3. Rhumald

You guys are making sure that mouse acceleration is shut off right? I'm not feeling this. Maybe turn up the sensitivity for your aircraft too? it all feels REALLY tight to me.
  4. Alan Kalane

basically the devs want to unify both versions of the game. That means that aside from certain differences in the GUI department the games have the same code so one change applied to the PS4 version can (and will) be applied to the PC version without the need to write additional, separate code.
  5. CapEnTrade

That's probably what the Na.zis thought, after-all, Jews were just pigs to them.
  6. Ronin Oni

It's in the finer handling that's all screwed...

Most notably keybinds for Pitch and Yaw.

Before they had immediate 100% input for as long as you hold it

Now it ramps up over time. Like you were taking your time slowly moving your thumb on an analog stick from center to the max... SLOWLY, with a matched decel period when you let go.

It's literally the #1 NO-NO for PC digital input game design.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ronin Oni

I'm going to laugh at you when they impose analog emulation to tanks and infantry then.

PS4 players are already complaining about the tank handling, so expect it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

Odd, I don't recall Battlefield or any other successful multi-platform shooter forcing analog emulation on digital input.

Wonder why that is.

Oh right, they want to be successful.

DBG obviously doesn't give a *** about it's PC playerbase anymore.
    • Up x 1
  9. Foxirus

How long have you sky chariots been crying for controller support? They finally put it in at the cost of some minor keyboard control. Reap what you sow. I don't recall tankers ever crying for controller support.
  10. Hatesphere

it still will not be the same as genocide..... the drama is think here.
    • Up x 1
  11. CapEnTrade

1. Controller "support" is NOT forced dumbing down for everyone.
    2. Only a small minority ever wanted such a ludicrous addition.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

Obvious hyperbole is obvious.

It's still downright effed that they'd treat their original playerbase like this.
  13. Hatesphere

yeah, right before they nerfed all their WoW druids :rolleyes:
  14. Alan Kalane

Look, I haven't tried the new controls just yet because I'm away from home...
    But it seems very strange to me that DBG didn't just set starting user input to 100%... are you sure there are no settings that allow you to change the acceleration or starting input value? If not then well... either DBG is completely incompetent or it will get fixed in the next hotfix...
  15. Ronin Oni

We all told them this when it was on PTS and they didn't fix it for live launch, so I wouldn't be so sure.
  16. gigastar

If it does happen then i can safely abandon all hope for this game before the conclusion of the one year hiatus i set myself on when they ****** with the resource system and didnt bother to un-**** it.
  17. Foxirus

Clearly that minority was big enough for it to be made a thing. Enjoy it. Maybe come find out what its like to have your paws on the ground for a change. See what the game is like through the eyes a foot soldier.
  18. CapEnTrade

Sure it may not seem like much now.

First they came for their traveling rights.
    Next they came for their speech.
    Then they came for their businesses
    Then they branded them like livestock.
    Then they locked them in their homes.
    Then they took them to the camps.
    Then they took their dignity.
    Then their hope.
    Then their lives.

Effed up aircraft controls to someone who clearly does not fly may not seem like much, but then it will be the tanks, then the infantry, and we'll see how much you enjoy GETTING USED TO IT!
  19. CapEnTrade

Clearly some DGC numbnut console peasants are biased enough to give all the flyers the middle finger.
  20. Lucidius134

Aside from the input changes to air I thought the patch notes were bang on in the rest.

I'll hop on and try air out but i'm by no means a good ESF pilot and my lib days are over what with the constant crashing when moving too quickly over wide ranges.

I really hope it isn't as bad as everyone's making it out to be but I feel that hope might be for naught.