RIP airgame 2012-2015. Tanks, it will be your turn soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

You realise all these threads are because THEY DID IT already. It's not even the question of surely they won't do it. It's actualy done, they did it to aircrafts. My assumption is tanks are next.
    • Up x 2
  2. SovietSandwhich

All they would have to do to fix this would be to have digital input devices like mouse and keyboard come in at 100% input, not gradually increasing as is the case with analogue.

There should be an option for this or it should even be set as default.

That way controller and joystick users get a control model that they can work with, and the digital users, like most of us, will have their experience unchanged.
    • Up x 3
  3. Takara

Oh you mean that bug that launches you 1000m in the sky....
    • Up x 1
  4. EliteEskimo

Lol what else is there to do to tanking? Nerf AP rounds to not OHK infantry? They have buffed drifter C4 faries that can blow you up from any point on the map or sling shot with jump pads hundreds of meters from any base. Tank mines don't render meaning I can drive slowly over a road looking for them and still die. EOD hud is broke. Still plenty of broken non rendering B.S like Ravens, Vortex's, Lancers, and AV turrets. Ravens are still OP as heck. All AI weapons had their effectiveness nerfed hard core several times, the latest with the Higby Lethality revamp which it looks like they aren't going to do the infantry part meaning it turns into yet another nerf.

A tank isn't particularily had to steer, outside of dealing with the game's stupid traction mechanic,we don't have reverse maneuvers or fancy little air moves. Tanking well is about having high levels of situational awareness, knowledge of the map and surrounding terrain, sizing up your threats, and ability to aim while coordinating with your gunner.

Anyhow, it's rather unfortunate that they can't just offer a check box allowing you to choose between traditional control and new control. Kinda like you can have inverse steering for your tank. Not really surprised though, the developers don't really use the vehicles in this game and thus often make terrible decisions that impact vehicle gameplay negatively.
    • Up x 1
  5. Thunde333

Only problem is that new players never going to learn how to fly with this strange controls.
  6. Flamberge

Isn't that what everyone was complaining about? The high skill gap between air vets and new players?

Btw. hard to make a point regarding game balance utilizing a real-world example

That's just a hypothetical. People learned how to fly with the old system, they will logically be able to learn to fly with the new system.
  7. Jawarisin

It's not about vets and new player. Because anybody can overcome that in the matter of a few weeks if not less. It's the skillgap between hardcore and casual players.
    And that, regardless of how screwed the controls are, will never change. The only difference is that now it's a pain for everybody and the fun is not there anymore.
  8. pnkdth

This change is like if they added hardcoded mouse accerelation to infantry gameplay. I wouldn't adapt because why should I have to? I would just quit because I enjoy FPS games, not terrible ports from consoles. These changes are obviously made with a controller in mind, and it is hilarious to see people defending this decision.

The difference is, this isn't a console port, this a PC game. It's been out for more than two years, and now they're pulling this nonesense.

EDIT:

Also, since I am feeling childish, I will now refer to DBG as D*****Bag Games.
    • Up x 2
  9. DxAdder

I wish I could shed a tear for the Air game but ... I just cant.

And what more can they do to tanks other than removing the turret altogether ?
    • Up x 1
  10. Haquim

There is no need for that. (mainly because i still have no f*cking idea what a ********* is supposed to be - except as anoher word for *******)
    Dey Break Games is absolutely sufficient.
  11. gigastar

Take a nice, long look at my sig.

Do you think im in thier reach anymore?

And even if circumstances permitted me being affected at all by updates of any kind any more, if they brought the acceleration to infantry, everyone loses.

...except me, of course.
  12. Hatesphere

call me when DBG starts throwing pilots into concentration camps after knocking down their doors. until then you are a silly silly person.
  13. Ronin Oni

I even said as much.

If somebody WANTS analog emulation with digital input, I guess I wouldn't mind taht option...

But FORCING analog EMULATION on a digital input device is just terrible. EVERY SINGLE GAME in the past that's poorly ported controls from console to PC, because they left in analog acceleration, has done terribly and been shunned.

What makes this 10x more absurd is this game was first a PC exclusive, and now they're effing it up and leaving us with a POS half-***** console port of controls after paying into this game for over 2 years.

Huge middle finger.

I knew this was coming, but I was holding hope they'd at least give us instant 100% input.
    • Up x 1
  14. omfgweeee

I dont play air but often pull Valkary taxi. I did few times after patch didnt notice any difference...
  15. Alan Kalane

^this
    he's right ,
    but then why didn't they make it so in the first place? Maybe Forgelight doesn't allow for such things? Who knows?
    • Up x 1
  16. Alan Kalane

you feel too safe... think about this... how do the PS4 players move around? That's right, with a joystick. Currently moving around is digital (on/off) but joysticks are analog (low/high). Don't be surprised if this will happen to tanks and infantry in the near future
  17. CapEnTrade

You know, I'm pretty sure that's what 90% of the Jews thought too.
    Wana know what happened to them?

They weren't laughing then.
  18. Eyeklops

Good reading material for some of you.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  19. Hatesphere

man you silly as the last guy.... trivializing real historic strife and pretending you have been given some great injustice and threat to life....
  20. CapEnTrade

I suppose the Jews were all just being silly too.