RIP airgame 2012-2015. Tanks, it will be your turn soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. RottenRat

Thanks 4wry, I'm not on PTS-Server so i didn't notice this
    • Up x 2
  2. Jawarisin

Why don't you send me your stats. Because what you're saying right now is complete thin air to me.
    Unless you used dasanfall to compare our score per hour; it doesn't mean much. Because you being a member and potentially using boosts will pad it immensely.

But hey, I still doubt what you're saying. Let me see your stats :3
  3. ThuddenBlunder

This just in... "Due to the discovery of a HUGE new salt source, the price of salt and all salt related products have plummeted."
    • Up x 8
  4. Haquim

Nonono - you've got it all wrong.
    This new salt source is heavily polluted, but the owners of said source will need to restock.
    Salt prices are gonna skyrocket.
  5. Dowlphin

Another thing I, even with my little experience with ESF, noticed after doing some more VR: While before the patch, there was a kind of deadzone, requiring you to move the mouse a certain bit before any movement occured, which could make aiming a bit bothersome (and I asked for a deadzone slider in the options for that), now while the reaction is more immediate, I have surprising difficulty following a target and being precise. It's like drunk flying. I was fighting a Liberator, that big chunk, at quite low range, yet I had difficulty keeping the crosshair where I want it to be.
    I think I now notice what you are complaining about, although I couldn't pinpoint the exact change in behavior that leads to these results. It does feel like some kind of digital-analog hybrid.
  6. DxAdder

As a novice pilot I love the changes and can actually fly now.
    • Up x 1
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Word of advice

You think your being persuasive but your coming across as someone no one should listen to.

The madder and more elitist you sound the more you turn people away. I don't need to see your stats to know your probably an askhat irl.
    • Up x 4
  8. Alan Kalane

well, nope, your suspicions are incorrect. The devs clearly stated that they aren't going to merge the PS4 and PC versions because the PC players would have a great advantage over the console players (it's much easier to aim with a mouse than with a joystick).

They are doing it now because
    a) the sooner the better in terms of coding
    b) they want the games to be unified before PS4 version will launch so they have to start now
  9. maxkeiser

Tanks and ground vehicles have already been affected by the patch. People all over reddit reporting similar problems to the aircraft - with magriders, harassers, sundys etc.
  10. Alan Kalane

Good luck repeating that.
    MattiAce actualy has many infantry tutorials on his channel as well if you want to check them out...
  11. Rif0

This patch is an insult : restrictions of movements and simplified handling for the beginners

I want to die, I can't drag on the ground with all the ESF without taking damages, the inertia/g-force is totaly limited and irreal :)

P.S: This is the most filthy change I've ever seen in a game, my heart is broken :( .
  12. CursoryRaptor

I'm confused. If I'm wrong (probable), and console and PC players will never fight each other, why would PC players having an advantage matter?

It makes sense to start the process of developing code to put the PS4 players and PC players on a roughly even playing field, yeah. But to actually implement the commonality changes and put them on the live server before the PS4 release doesn't make sense to me. They're pissing off their primary source of income while they're still working on a product for their next source of income.
  13. Alan Kalane

I think you misunderstood.
    It's about programming. The thing is: currently DBG has two dev teams working on Planetside independently - the PS4 team and the PC team. Their aim hovewer, is to unify the game so both teams could merge into one and work on both versions at the same time.

So for example let's say DBG didn't do those control changes and they want to add a new aircraft to the game - in that case they would have to create separate control schemes and physics interpretations for the PC version and the PS4 version because keyboard is digital and joystick is analog. That would take more work. But now, after the change, if they wanted to add a new aircraft they could just create one control scheme and one physics interpretation for both versions. And it's like that with pretty much everything so they want to unify the games completely as fast as possible, even before the PS4 version release, because the PC version keeps going forward and when the PS4 version is released they have to be fully compatible with each other and on the same level of development.
    • Up x 1
  14. Foxirus

I could have jokingly said they shot down his scythe so thats what they got. Someone who is more deadly out of one.
  15. Foxirus

Sound advice. Sadly he is the kinda person who can't see past his own inflated ego to see advice. You can tell this if you simply read his posts. All of them are pretty much him holding a mirror stroking himself. ;)

So to him, I have no sympathy. I will simply laugh at his misfortune when it comes to the change of air units.
    • Up x 3
  16. Hatesphere

if you want to get technical the previous ESF mechanics were very unreal. compleaty ignoring any sort of momentum and G force as we know it.
  17. BlackSand

For me it's kind of same feeling.I think it's just a little weights and physic on my ESF and I does some fantasymove little harder.
    After 2 hour of flight i don't feel strange anymore I can do the same things like there is no update on it.
    Good job Daybreak. ;)
  18. Yuki10

Im just not going to fly...the air game has been afweful for a long time. there is really no incentive to pull air especially with this change in control responses.

Its all about ground game and exploiting.
  19. Schizomatic

I still don't get what the complaining is about from the pilots. I fly them all, and the ESF are smoother and more stable, the Valk flies practically the same, the Liberator now turns like a 100-ton aircraft bristling with guns and packed full of ammo, and the Galaxy still flies like a skywhale.

Complain about the Lib, maybe--if you think a flying freight train should turn on a dime--but what's changed so substantially to cause all these tears and rage? The ESF handling and precision is actually improved, but Redditside and Forumside seem to think ESF do nothing but wobble and crash.
    • Up x 1
  20. Jawarisin

I know everybody flying on emerald. And you're only on the list of reddit trolls, not any pilot. Even reddit branded you as a troll. I think the only thing you've done "all the time" is crash in the ground right out the warpgate. Otherwise I would of seen you.