Resource changes - Nanite costs from test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zamfwo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Rift23

Gonna suck for dedicated MBT drivers for sure (and you thought they were skittish now) but on the flip side, a squad of battle sundies with repair/basilisks hitting a tank zerg is like a snow plough in action so at least nonmembers will still have an option for vehicle brawls.
  2. CornyWarfare

FTFY
  3. TheKhopesh

Even if speed is a concern, just a harasser is fine.
    That's really an insane price.
    The flash really shouldn't be more than 75 nanites.
    It's a flash, not a vehicle with real killing potential.

A-B transport, and not much more.
    (When was the last time you heard someone complain about an armor column of flashes? :eek:)
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Maybe they want to incentivise the 4 C4+ Cloaked Flash tactic?
    Then again, the C4 alone will cost the equivalent of 75 of each resource, so that's pretty heavily incentivised as is.
  5. Takoita

I think smoke and decoy grenades need to be absolutely dirt cheap. Like 5 resource a pop cheap. Flash and Harasser prices could be lowered too.

Rez greandes should cost no less than an AV mine though. Maybe even more - they allow absolutely BS saves from a total room wipe to happen.

On MAX price:

On one hand, less spam would be good. On the other hand, I would never have enough resources for it ever again because I try to use mines, grenades and C4 as often as I can. All those certs I sunk into it would just sit there and look pretty...
  6. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Thinking about it a little more, I actually find it a bit weird that an Engie has to pay that much for mines when a heavies Rockets are free (resource wise).
    Yes, it's an unfair assessment because you don't have to be there, but overall, I think with the new system, they should give discounts when using a Grenade- or Utility belt. Now that resources actually matter, throwing three grenades in a row is way too costly.
  7. kirinohana

Yes this is a straight nerf to consumables. Who in their right mind would lay AP mines in the new system. You could gain a couple of kills or loose them and gain nothing, but that will cost you almost as much as a harasser or sundie. Consumables for infantry are just a bad deal at these costs, especially with no inventory. Often they are ineffective or hit and miss, where as vehicles are persistent force multipliers which can be upgraded, repaired and very effective.

Which is more effective throwing a few grenades at a doorway that has some people behind it, or a harasser with a PPA spaming the crap out of that doorway.

I thought the desire behind the revamp was to lower spam, especially armor/air/max zergs. But what it really accomplishes is diminished infantry play, and ability to fight those same vehicles/max.
    • Up x 1
  8. Inex

Dedicated MBT drivers are going to have a 4.5 min wait tops, probably only 3... they aren't going to notice much.
  9. StainPain

This is the stupidest change they could ever think... Are they on drugs? Wtf the moment they decide to implement this I'm out of here.
  10. DK22

So did this change again, looks like you only get 700 now, and that's with membership.
    Seems a bit low.
  11. Bad News

I don't like it that i can't stockpile my stuff anymore. If i throw a grenade and drop 2 c4 i will not be able to redploy and spawn a gal anymore if PL ask for that. a member would have no problem to spawn that gal.
    After dropping 4 tank mines i can't spawn a max but a member have no problem doing that.
    And with the new sundy shield a lot more mines and C4 will be needed.

Members can't have more resources or it will be welcome to Pay to WIn.
    • Up x 1
  12. user101

I think that is what SOE is looking for.... your money....!
    Squads will now consist of paying members only... Freeloaders need not apply to squads.
  13. user101

Higby needs a lot of nanites - that first class flight to iceland with those blond tall girls cost a lot of nanites. Never mind the iceland beer and brew. Higby armani suit and shoes alone must cost at least a millon or too nanites. Never mind the boutique hotels and facels that he needs to be at the tours.

Iceland is every guys dream... and Higby is paying in nanites. I am going to apoliges to the Admin but I could not resist.
  14. Inactive

So let me get this straight:
    1 MAX = 4.666 C4

C4 still one shots the MAX

By the time I can pull my MAX again, the LA will have pulled enough C4 to kill me 4-5 times again.

**** THIS ****
  15. nightbird

I think this is fine, C4 is a counter to a MAX so it is efficient in that regard. True C4=1 MAX kill, but 1 MAX=5 infantry kills. Neither is guaranteed of course, but can also be exceeded with skill. I use flak armor 5 and keep charge saved up, you're nearly impossible to instagib.
  16. Casterbridge

Not to mention the Max can still be revived and repaired.
  17. Xervous

So if I pull an ESF, then I pull a flash, how much are my nanites capped by?

If a friend hops into the ESF I just pulled but no longer own, do his nanites get capped by 420?