Resource changes - Nanite costs from test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zamfwo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Zamfwo

All resources are combined into nanites. You cannot stockpile anything anymore IE. Grenades, C4, mines, ECT..
    You gain 60 "nanites" every 1 minute, no matter what facilities you faction owns. Max Nanites you can have is 900. Acquisition timer certs will be refunded.

All acquisition timers are gone.
    Resource gain boosts will now affect nanite gain.

The following are the current prices on the test server.

30 = Flash / Smoke / Decoy / EMP Grenade
    60 = Frag / Sticky / AV Grenade
    90 = C4 / Prox Mine / Tank mine / Conc Grenade
    120 = Flash
    240 = Harraser / Sunderer
    420 = MAX / Lightning / ESF
    540 = Lib / MBT / Galaxy

Discuss
  2. Dornez

Looks like people are going to be using the sunderer as the new MBT, because 3 man sundy > 3 man harasser.

Enjoy that ~9min timer on your MBT/ESF if you are not a subscriber.

PS2 = P2W
    • Up x 4
  3. Demetrios

lol
    • Up x 7
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Remind me again why I would ever buy a flash if I could get a sundy for nearly the same price?

Also Conc's triple the price of EMP grenades with very similar vision effect and 500 direct damage....
  5. Freedom Fries

It's raining battle flashes hallelujah!
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

I'm in favor of a different cost model:

15: Smoke, Decoy, Healing grenades & Regen kits
    30: Flash, EMP, Concussion, Frag, Sticky, AV, Revive grenades & Medical kits
    45: AI mines, AV mines
    60: Flash, C4
    180: Harasser
    240: Lightning, ESF
    300: MBT, Liberator, Sunderer, Galaxy, MAX

Remember folks, post changes you can't just switch to vehicle play for a while waiting for your infantry resources to recharge. All of your purchases come from the same pool, and you can't stock up for later either. Instead of having 2250 resources you'll be down to 900, and instead of being able to get 600+ combined on a continent you own, you'll be getting 300.
    • Up x 3
  7. noidea

wtf is with the MAX's price...
    • Up x 7
  8. Ripshaft

Seems bout right - looks solid to me.

Edit:

Also pretty much everyone seems to be missing the purpose of these changes - to make resources meaningful and have an effect on battle.... The argument that "well things wont work the way they do now" is... perhaps not very wise, as this is the intention.

They stated their goal was to have people who are good at what they do never run out of resources under normal circumstances, and to allow for attrition... both of which seem to be assured by this system. I'm assuming they're still planning to layer on an additional set of resource modifications based on map control later to add more depth to it, once the new system has stabilized.

Edit:

My only concerns lie with the restock mechanics - Depending on how the restock is done the combat consumables might be a bit too easy to get, but I assume they've already got a handle on this.
  9. Govedo13

Anyway if this goes life SOE would loose more then they expect to gain.
    XP and Kill multiplication tools known as vehicles right now have two- way restrict system:

1) The resources that can be avoided by just buying resource boost and membership.
    2) The second one is timers- unavoidable and equal for all even if you cert it to the max.

By removing the second one they automatically give 2x access to the XP and Kill multiplication tools to the paying players only. The previous changes were slightly PTW while this is the exact thing by definition.

Poor sods think that if they make vehicle play more restricted more people would buy memberships and resource boosts instead of leaving the game. SOE not adequate changes showed quite the opposite- the numbers of the servers dropped TWICE since January. They saw that the game wont live to 2015 and would try to milk hard the few willing to give them money players left- Implants/buying attachments, Max ammo and now this- all of them are desperate last breath milking attempts.

It is sad to watch SOE screwing their own game and reducing their own profits instead of making more money and better game.

Your statement is quite wrong or SOE is lying because they are doing the opposite thing:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/july-resource-revamp.170991/page-12
    • Vehicles and MAX will reserve a portion of the player’s max resources while active.
    Vehicles would reduce your resource income while active. This thing wont nerf the people that stay alive 1-5 min in vehicle it would affect and directly blatantly nerf the good vehicle users.

I never run of air and vehicle resources and manage to pull MBTs and Liberator/ESFs all the time with the current system. If you manage to keep your vehicle alive for around 15-20 min and have good team-mates it is quite possible to be all the time in vehicle chain-pulling them without any membership/resource boost right now.
    • Up x 1
  10. Govedo13

11. Regpuppy

That's the only confusing part for me. I saw flash as the disposable source of transport, because that's pretty much how it performs 95% of the time. The ONLY reason I could think of for its price is that a very small part of the population that uses wraith flashes and weapons. If they really needed to do it for that, I wish they'd just make a pure transport flash already and make it dirt cheap like it should be.
    • Up x 1
  12. Valadain

The MAX price seems a bit squirrley to me, considering they aren't on par with a lightning or sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  13. vsae

I think pricing on the infantry consumables is a bit steep.
    The rest I absolutely adore. People will have to use the tanks more carefully, not throwing it carelessly at everything.
    The part where your vehicle freezes a certain amount of resources is a new to me, I havent heard of it and neither I think it is necessary, nor makes any sense.
  14. SeanFree

Everything seems a bit high other than MAX. Screw your supercharged infantry skill suits :p
    • Up x 1
  15. isaidhi3

PS2 is not pay to win. I have spent $0 on things that would improve my game play like boosts or a membership, and somehow, I still managed to reach BR 100 on my VS and have a SPM of over 500 on my NC. Not saying I agree with the nanite prices, but planetside 2 is definitely not, and likely never will be, pay to win.
    • Up x 3
  16. Valadain

I purposefully didn't say "high". I'm just comparing to the others on the list. ESF and MAX are roughly on par. The lightning and sunderer however, are simply more effective all around. I might give the sunderer a pass as it is only effective with multiple people. Though that doesn't seem to help the MBT in the pricing.

Honestly, I think the whole things is too simplistic. Depending on how you cert certain things, will greatly impact their effectiveness. A sunderer being used only as a spawn doesn't need to be high priced, but a sunderer built for killing should. Not to mention, battle effectiveness isn't the only thing to keep in mind. Vehicles can effectively travel from base to base across distances. A MAX cannot and can't even spawn a vehicle (which I'm not arguing with), but it means to move to another base, you have to ditch the MAX suit and get a vehicle or re-deploy. Meaning you have to spend resources more often, even if you survive the battle.
  17. Ripshaft

It's important to exercise your reasoning skills while reading design changes - if you think "this doesn't make sense" you should take this as an indication that you've not understood the material rather than jumping to the conclusion that the experts don't have the slightest clue what they're doing.

You seem to have greatly misinterpreted their statement on the resource reserve... this could be alleviated by reflecting on their goals for the system - if you take these into account it's fairly clear what they're talking about and why it's there.

The reserve is just lowering the cap on your max resources, it does not affect your income rate - it just lowers your cap while the vehicle is active, to ensure that you don't simply cap out while driving it, ensuring you cant just stock up resources, completely nullifying the cost of the vehicle/force multiplier, while you're out driving. You'll still be able to pull another tank/max immediately after you die, provided you've lasted at most 9min (much less on your first spawn), but the reserve ensures that you don't have such a massive margin for error. If you die quickly due to poor judgement or the enemy's actions, you'll be faced with an actual choice, not just a "well if that happens 2-3 more times, you may need to pull the vehicle", that is all too familiar currently.

So yeah... my main point is just think about what you're reading - remember who's writing it, the devs are not a bunch of grade schoolers presenting a science fair project, they're extremely competent professionals, they're not going to make a grade school mistake or miss something that anyone could point out as problematic =p

Edit: ah I see further down the list there's a statement about reduced income in vehicles, so maybe you'll have to live more than 9min to mitigate your cost... that seems much more reasonable lol, 9min seemed way too low, but I assumed they'd based the time on stats and that people were just terrible. Guess it's not so bad after all haha
  18. iRhuel

So much hate for something we've been asking for since launch.
    • Up x 3
  19. Regpuppy

For me, it's one or two of the pricing details itself, as it is with others. Otherwise, I welcome it fully.
  20. Kunavi

I think it's good, ESPECIALLY the MAX. Hoping SOE won't give in to the rising QQ flood I foresee, judging by some reactions here. If I was SOE I'd put C4, Infantry and Tank Mines right there with the MAX.
    • Up x 3