Resource changes - Nanite costs from test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zamfwo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. JibbaJabba

Flash grenades way too cheap...should be same as Conc.
    C4 slightly too cheap.
    Conc grenades overpriced...should be 60.
    Sunderer too cheap (compared to say lightning or tank mines). Try 300.
    MAX seems overpriced (nearly cost of an MBT??...almost twice that of a Sundy??)
    Galaxy is slightly overpriced...one shenanigan or lightpole at the warpgate and you're just out of luck? Try 450 instead.
  2. Lamat

This is a very good point actually, it's a bit concerning how this will play out.
  3. Lucerin_SolTech

There has to be a way to stop the unintended consequence of imbalance. How many times have I spawned an aa max or a skyguard lightning to deter air momentarily only to have no use for those tools shortly after? Too many to count. Many people will be deterred from pulling what the battle needs because they don't want to be adversely impacted by nanite costs. The resource system has been forgiving to those who pull what their empire needs versus what that player wants to be doing. I want to do as little AA work as possible during my play time. I hate it. Though it's a necessary evil, I personally will be deterred from wasting nanites on it and look for a different fight altogether.

Bring back vehicle despawning with a nanite recoup? Add a ten second timer like redeploy to keep baddies from misusing it.
  4. LodeTria

I see no reason to pull a skyguard ever again now.
    I'd rather pull an AA max which can be switched to AV or AI if the needs be, since they cost the same now & use the same resource.
    • Up x 2
  5. FateJH

[IMG]
    Being able to say that that an average 1:3 of all C4 runs destroys an MBT requires sufficient statistics to indicate an average 2:3 runs fail in some way. All of those 2:3 cases have to involve some things that indicate that (1) that there was an attempted C4 run but (2) it didn't resolve in the MBT exploding. You are correct about the "landing on ground" bit but that's just more fuel for my point.

So, what statistics would you use to register the failure of a C4 run? do those statistics sound reasonable?
  6. Lamat

Redeploy? To another base? That'll be 100 nanites sir.
    • Up x 1
  7. dasichri

420 for a max? Da fuq?

So, if you have no resources, technically its a 7 minute cool down

and MBT's for 540!? so technically it has a 9 minute cool down.... Assuming in those times you use no other resources

I mean, assuming you don't get killed almost right away i suppose a MBT could last 8 minutes or so before you die, re-spawn and go get a new one.

I'm guessing these costs are based somewhat on how long people last inside said vehicles.

But 420 for a max is a bit much. and I can kinda understand conc grenades being 90 cause 1 grenade in a room of enemies and you can storm in right after and kill them all relatively easily, assuming there isn't a stream of reinforcements constantly comming in as well.

I like cheap decoy nades though cause I kinda like those on my infiltrator lol, grenades i don't find very useful for them, emp can be nice i suppose if you bomb a room of enemies with it or some other choke point

sunderer's are too cheap, imo should be close to the cost of a mbt

at least then they cant be spammed so damn much, as it is this means it has a 4 minute cool down. maybe people will actually protect them. Sunderer should be on the high end of costs, but that's just my opinion

This of course doesn't even include resource boosts, or any changes to resource gain based on facilities lost or won.

I like the direction they are going with this system, but it definitely needs some tweaking for sure.
  8. Lamat

And it can supply additional HAs with AA rockets.
  9. dasichri

damn... didnt even think of how cheap a sundy would be than a lighting for dedicated aa...
    never mind all the EXTRA features a sundy has compared to a skyguard

Maybe they should include a system that makes vehicles cheaper or more expensive based on what they have equipped on them.

That would make sense to me, and would offer different tactical choices.
  10. Axehilt

Everyone could pull a Liberator when they were overpowered. It didn't mean they weren't overpowered. They were overpowered because relative to the other outdoor combatants, they were statistically superior. MAXes are overpowered because relative to the other indoor combatants, they are statistically superior.

You seem to have me confused with a random scrub who makes bad choices and complains that he's getting farmed by some other guy. I'm the other guy. Because I understand MAXes are overpowered, I use them all the time and am successful. And because I understand they're overpowered, I consistently point it out in the forums. In part because I want good class balance -- it's better for everyone and creates a deeper game, and it means I get to play a broader variety of classes rather than so much MAXes.

I mean using your justification here you would've been fine buffing liberators further instead of balancing them last patch. But logically that would've been a terrible idea -- it doesn't matter if everyone can pull a Liberator, what matters is Libs' balance related to the other outdoor combatants (other vehicles). One vehicle should not dominate all the others, and one indoor class (MAXes) shouldn't dominate the others either.
  11. Valok

Not sure I understand these prices..
  12. Lamat

Decimator rockets = free

Although I would like to see an armor system implemented, with varying armor types from infiltrator up to MAX. The soft point ammo doing more damage to lightly armored infantry while some kind of AP ammo would to more damage to heavier infantry. Maybe some kind of AP melee weapon too?
  13. cruczi

You didn't even make a point until now, so it's rather impossible for me to have missed it. I can't read your thoughts.

Fair point.
  14. DQCraze

This looks great. If im getting 120 per min as a member its going to be vehicle heaven. My timers were all maxed so im going to get a huge refund. Welcome to spam city.
  15. Whatupwidat

The sunderer seems a tad too expensive considering how absolutely vital it is to the game.
  16. Lamat

Did they change it back so you can detonate tank mines with explosives again? I've been away for a few months.
  17. Axehilt

But Decimator heavies don't counter MAXes. Assuming they manage to land the first hit, I burn charge, run up on top of them, and now they're dead. Most of the time against actual players I've killed several of their teammates already before they know to be ready to Deci in the first place, so I'm already far ahead in terms of efficiency.

This isn't an argument that MAXes are invincible -- eventually enough rocket hits will land and the MAX will die -- it's an argument that MAXes are overpowered. So it doesn't matter that you can eventually widdle MAXes down, what matters is that you spent at least 2 players to do it (assuming skill is equal), which means the MAX comes out far ahead.
  18. DxAdder

What is the cost for Rez/Heal Grenades ?
  19. Lamat

On, one hand, it may cut down on suicide ESF SPAM, on the other hand it may further discourage new players from learning to fly.
  20. JibbaJabba

Using current resource boost for members you would get 90 per min, not 120. There is also a restriction on resources *while* you are in a vehicle.