[Suggestion] Remove C4 from LA or buff tank HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reclaimer77

So what do you want exactly? You guys make these pitiful little comments about not feeling "useful". But you never really quantify what would make you happy.

Control points outside that vehicles can camp? Some stupid **** like that?
  2. FateJH

I adjusted what you wrote to clarify something that someone (a few someones, I guess) suggested once before.

Edit: I'd also like to add to the provided example that the request might be resolved depending on how the new construction and resource system unfolds.
    • Up x 1
  3. Reclaimer77

So claiming some piece of dirt outside so you don't have to leave your vehicle is really that big of a deal to you guys??
  4. Demigan

Reclaimer, good combined arms means that having all units together creates a strong synergy. Allowing tanks and aircraft to capture and control vehicular control points would make using tanks and aircraft more meaningful and fun. It would also mean that infantry wouldn't be the only way to go about capturing a base and it puts more emphasis on... teamwork and combined arms.

These new capture points could be placed anywhere, including inside a base close to area's where infantry can get a shot at the tanks. This adds better and new meta's, where vehicles have more to do than pound the spawnroom.
  5. Reclaimer77

Whoa whoa, page 2? Hell no, back up you go Thread of Most Epicness!
    • Up x 1
  6. BakaRaymoo

THANK YOU BASED DEVILDOGS

WE ARX NOW
    • Up x 3
  7. Nehlis

I've been gone for about two years from this game, and I come back to this. To the OP, the C4 vs Tanks has been a bugbear for tankers since launch, It's been brought up over and over again and they're not changing it any time soon. Try playing as a C4 fairy for a bit to understand the mentality on how to sneak up on a tank. It will help you avoid them next time you're on the other side. It takes quite a bit of thought and only works essentially once per life.
    • Up x 2
  8. LodeTria

Well imagine at biolobs or tech or AMP stations if there was a vehicle point, that when captured allowed infantry the ability to capture any of the surrounding bases and be able to cut off the big base. Re-taking the V-point as a defender would prevent caps, and any current cap point in attackers hands goes neutral, stalling the other base timers until the V-point is re-taken.
  9. Hegeteus

Good to see that apostles of hatred are still going strong
  10. Moridin6

I LOVE IT
    KIDS LOVE IT
    THE FPS OF YOUR ENEMY WILL LOVE IT

SO PERTTY
    • Up x 1
  11. BakaRaymoo

Yep! I figured, now that MBT drivers have to spend all their money on resource boosts, they dont have enough for a decent GPU

We're always one step ahead :cool:
  12. Reclaimer77

Grats man!
  13. Reclaimer77

BakaOps day 2 alt report:

57 vehicles destroyed by C-4. Nearly all NC Vanguards. Even some 666 Devil Dogs.
    • Up x 2
  14. Hegeteus

Since this thread seems to stick around, I might as well add some fun to this salty little mess:

[IMG]

Oh what a horrible shame it would be if RadarX came to lock this thread
    • Up x 1
  15. Sebastien

The thread will stay open, it's just your post that will be removed. The only way to get a thread locked is for everyone to start arguing off-topic.
  16. FateJH

I remember when we used to have an Off-topic forum.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hegeteus

If people here are arguing on topic, I really don't want to know what the topic is :confused:
    • Up x 1
  18. HomicideJack

If we're being honest, a brick of C4 wouldn't do much to a hardened battle rank. Rockets and cannon shells are specifically designed and shaped to penetrate armor, and even modern shells considerably fail against the Abrams. Without any force to direct the blast in a specific direction most of the C4's energy would be spent blasting away from the tank.
  19. Kraxist

You know...this has always been the kicker for me. Every time I think about how to realistically battle a tank, running up and planting C-4 on it just doesn't seem to do the trick.

I mean for all you guys that want an example you can remember and wrap your heads around. In Saving Private Ryan, did the plastic explosives kill the tank? No. It just disabled the tank from moving.

In Planetside we could have a different scenario play out, where a C-4ed tank was disabled from movement until the engis get out and repair it. This gives Infantryside the chance for the infantry duels that they want...and Tankside the opportunity to still fight for their resources. Moreover, a tank that can't move is dead meat to rockets, tanks, aircraft, gun turrets...

I think this would be a win-win for everyone. But only if it were applied to MBTs. Lightnings and Sundys...just shouldn't be considered as armored of targets and should still be vulnerable to these attacks. But with MBTs...450 resource cost...yeah I think some extra consideration should be given.
  20. BakaRaymoo

BUT MOOOOM, I DONT WANNA GET OUT OF MY TANK

You fkin losers genuinely believe that nanites were never meant to run out. What in the **** do you think was the point of adding a cost to vehicles? So you could cry more when they blew up(i know this is why i like killing you, so maybe it is)?

Wow, i honestly thought the realism discussion was mostly satire.

You idiot tankers have proven me wrong, yet again

>> www.WorldOfTanks.Com <<
    FREE TO PLAY GAME, BASED ON TANK AUTISM
    JOIN OTHER TANK AUTISTS TODAY!!
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.