[Suggestion] Remove C4 from LA or buff tank HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FateJH

For fighting tanks where being able to get behind them is important. If you're dying the tanks shooting at you over any sort of distance, they'll probably be on the periphery of your minimap, where it wouldn't matter as much. Yeah, you can ambush Infantry clusters out in the field with it more easily but, if you can get that far behind them undetected, they're generally busy with matters in some other direction and the Stealth module is just a part of the opening you're taking advantage. It's also good with Skyguard, though the exact explanation for that eludes me.

If you were ask me to consider options for outfitting my tank to go fight Infantry (note: not shoot at their base) I wouldn't take proximity radar. That's only good up to 50m and, knowing C-4, it's not worth getting that close to a known cluster if I don't have to. A Directional Armor would probably work better as the distance I'd be trying to keep from them would invite the rockets.
  2. Azawarau

No it doesnt

Its still 200 resources that can be stopped by infantry fire

I mean i hate cloaked flashes more than i could say but the cost does help justify it

If you spent 600 resources on a team attack like that you deserved to destroy the sundie

When i deploy i always have tank mines, Bouncing Betties, And a spitfire on top of myself guarding. If you got through that i wouldnt even be mad

Im entirely against splitting C 4 into two variants when there isnt an issue to begin with. Its not often used because its not entirely practical in combat situations

How do you explain a C 4 that has no explosion and only damages the target by the way? That doesnt make sense to me
    • Up x 1
  3. BakaRaymoo

Agreed!

Good morning thread! Please enjoy this complimentary clip of Johngalt's Vanguard dying to a crossbow! I found it while editing my pro tier drifting movie, this is just a sample :D

• Up x 3
  4. JohnGalt36

Ha, you got me while I was reading my map. That was actually pretty funny. I'm just glad I got out of my map fast enough to give you an AP round as well.

One of these days, I'll have to edit together the 13 times I've killed you.

Edit: I've really gotten over my saltiness. I was pretty salty for about a week when this started, but since I resigned myself to not tanking while you're on, I kill you and your crew at least twice for every time you kill me. It's not so bad after all.
    • Up x 2
  5. BakaRaymoo

Ty sir :D ... wait youre counting? :eek:
  6. JohnGalt36

Well, I check the stats page to see when you're on or not, so I look at the killboard. You're my most killed player with 13 times and I've died to you the second most of all players at 5 times. Firedude has killed me 3 times, and I've killed him 6. KittenIgnition has killed me once and I've killed him 6 times.
  7. JohnGalt36

Anyway, I can admit that you choose a pretty good tactic. Whether or not it's cheesy is a separate issue, but I suppose I can't blame you for using the tools provided to you. I'm content with settling everything in-game. You won't really hear anything more from me on the forums at all.
    • Up x 1
  8. Reclaimer77

You've defeated your own argument against nerfing C-4 and Light Assault right here when you point out this stuff.

Good going!
  9. LodeTria

These both go in the utility slot, how can you have both?
  10. Savadrin

Freedom.
  11. Haquim

OK I usually try to stay polite but...

Are you ******** or simply acting as if for the sake of trolling?
    A "stealth" MBT doesn't show up on the radar, but it is still in the best case a 1.5m*4m*5m metal colossus that will be spotted by anything that sees it. And after it is Q'd freaking everyone can see it on the map.
    Also NOBODY runs stealth in order to kill infantery. NOBODY. Its an AV setup. Against enemy TANKS.
    There are more people dying from snipers they didn't see than from stealth tanks they didn't notice.

The equivalent would be an invisible MBT decloaking and oneshotting a 450 nanites infantery that has to walk from the next base and can't be revived.
    I don't think that ever happened even with the mightiest of bugs.
  12. Savadrin

You'd be surprised how much people use the minimap as a crutch, and just how amazingly effective stealth can be when you combine it with smart approach. The harasser feels like the loudest thing in the game and even that can be done. Quite often I play too aggressively to use stealth to its potential, but with a reasonable camo and use of obstacles you can work wonders on even infantry.

A non-stealth vehicle is a duck to infantry unless they're trapped in spawn or simply cannot engage due to other pressure.
    • Up x 1
  13. FateJH

It causes radiation implosion?
  14. Haquim

Yes it can be stopped by infantery fire.
    That happened to me about... once.
    Being invisible and the fact that tanks are usually not at the same place as the enemy infantery makes that extremely unlikely.
    If you go for QUAD DAMAGE and rampage right through their lines its going to be very likely of course.

And regarding the Sunderer... you didn't get the point.
    Five people. FIVE. Effortlessly stopped a 96+ enemy force for several minutes because they had to bring in new sundies. Granted, they should have had more than that single one, but nothing stops other people from doing the same - or us from doing it five times in a row.
    That should simply not be possible.

The spitfire won't stop me. I don't even know wether it shoots flashes, but certainly not invisible ones.
    Betties don't stop a flash anyway.
    The tank mines might stop me - once. Next try I'll drop an emp in there before manning my flash again and blowing the Sundy up.
    The ONLY thing that would comparatively consistently stop me is somebody constantly on the lookout for stealth flashes - but even that is no guarantee, since their speed sometimes just makes them render too late. Or I might come from a direction he doesn't look.

And C4 destroying tanks makes no sense to me - or physics for that matter, so I guess we're even in that regard.
    On the other hand something like thermite is a real thing, although afaik far too weak to damage armor. The AV C4 might just heat to incredible levels, melt through the armor and cause catastrophic damage to the electronics behind it, making the tank inoperable.
  15. Haquim

Just to clarify, I'm not saying stealth is useless, but it definitely has no place in AI work on an MBT.
    Any survivor close to the victim will just look where the shot came from, press Q, and your stealth is worthless for the next 15-20 seconds. Dunno how long Q actually spots.
    The greatest effect stealth has for AI is that lock-ons need longer to ... well lock on.
  16. DoYouBelieveInEasy

AHhh yes, the LA C4 monkeys.

Do not be crass, we all do this.
    however I am too cheap to pay for 2 C4, so you get one.
    Target the most damaged tanks.

But, as dealing with it myself?
    I tend to see the LA floaters because i use vehicles , about 80% of the time, in third person view.
    If you intend to live, but don't mind risking the life of your tank or car, Just simply leave your vehicle, run a short bit, turn and shoot that flying crack head in the face, oh he'll die, or he'll land, be baffled? then get shot in the back like a wimpy chicken smacker.

You should understand, this will never change.

Just get better at dealing with it, and then eventually you'll say "Oh, dang, guess i didn't see that one" instead of " YOU MOTHER FRACKING CRACK HEAD ****** CHICKEN SLIPPER"!!!

Vanu be with you.
  17. Savadrin

Shrug. I might run mine guard over stealth in certain situations but reality is without stealth there's no need to even push Q and you're guaranteed to be perma-spotted 100%. With the enormous effective range that tanks have along with mobility, the 10 seconds of spotting that nearby players get (note: not including any vehicles out of range OR passing air, which is huge) I'm not sure it's wholly useless.

If I ever debase myself to running an anti-infantry vehicle loadout I may test this out and come back with a more informed opinion ;)
  18. Savadrin

I've never heard the term "chicken slipper" but I'm using it on someone today.
  19. DoYouBelieveInEasy

and think of it, destroying 5 sundies in stealth? around at least 5-12 people at a sunderer?
    It happens,
    A LOT.
    This goes to basic human behavior.
    IN the midst of a big battle, what do you do once you respawn from a sundy? how often do you find yourself looking for stealthed vehicles near it?

and then , suddenly, you turn to go get into the fight, after leaving the sunderer, then BOOM!
    And you see a thing drive away, or a ping on the radar.
    Sunderer destroyed, your team panics, then BAM airstrike, 7/10 are dead.

then as you are trying to get to the battle *plink* you are dead with a headshot from a sniper.

This is what happens.
  20. Azawarau

96+ battle and one sundie

350 resources and the risk of losing that to catch the one sunderer that was deployed

Honestly you made my argument for me

They should have had more people guarding it and should have had more sunderers there. If they did then one atack wouldnt have stopped them

I run suicide drops alot that end battles like these alot because people just dont defend well and blame it on other factors. Im not saying the flash is entirely fair here, invisibility i really really hate. But when you get down to it the cost and risk are what makes it fair.

Invisibility is questionable

If you get out and emp to be safe and noone is guarding the sunderer there is no excuse

There is no argument that can be made viable why someone shouldnt be able to destroy a deployed sunderer that wasnt being guarded or protected at all
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.