[Suggestion] Remove C4 from LA or buff tank HP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BakaRaymoo

Nobody here is asking for tank nerfs. When we point out that infantry should complain about your 1 shotting ability, its satire. We're simply comparing you to the br10s who sit around getting farmed by tanks. The tankers calling for nerfs are just high level newbs who now have certs to buy decent tanks. You never actually 'got good'
    • Up x 2
  2. BakaRaymoo

-
    • Up x 1
  3. LodeTria

It's more the cancerous attitude that's been building this and that other C4 thread leaking into other parts where it doesn't belong. If you want to pleb it up and shout "nerf c4!!11!!1!" or "lol waa waa cry more tank ****ter" fine, just keep it in it's intended thread.

I also said that my opinion is that c4 is mostly fine, all the way on page 5. I would only do some minor changes to it.
  4. Hegeteus

This post marks the moment when my hate slowly shifts into pity for my fellow infantry men here :( Vehicle users bombard them tirelessly with arguments and they have to forcibly glorify themselves to us and among themselves to keep fighting the good fight
  5. BakaRaymoo

I wasnt aware the c4 cancer was leaking to other threads. Thats pretty funny. Can you provide a link?
  6. Hegeteus

7. LodeTria

• Up x 1
  8. Hegeteus

Amusement levels are becoming low when you can't even post a thread like: "What is your favorite camo for MBT" without it being poisoned within hours of being submitted
  9. BakaRaymoo

10. McMan

TO CONCLUDE THE THREAD

The idea is, when you get killed in planetside 2, you dont come here and whine/cry about it, you respawn istead.
  11. Reclaimer77

So I'm sitting here at work going on one hour of sleep after my first Baka Ops night.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Planetisde enough to play for hours at a time. Much less play through the night.

It was...it was glorious. As Starbuck from BSG would say I heard "Nothing but the rain", as the shrapnel from one after another after another enemy landed all around me.

Oh and for people like Galt who thinks it's as simple as throwing some LA's in a Valk, don't have a clue how much coordination, communication, and skill it takes to pull this off.
  12. killdead

Just chilling at work waiting for some stupid oil filter so I thought so "maybe I check out the salty thread" and I come to realize just 2 days after referring Reclaimer to join Baka ops, his first night was a great success. I feel my mission here is accomplished with a new recruit having fun doing c4 drifter ops.
    • Up x 2
  13. Reclaimer77

Well...I do have one regret.....

I didn't even see John Galt, much less kill him :p
  14. Demigan

Hey hey! Don't put Reclaimers noose on my head! I've given perfectly valid reasoning, and used all the "damning evidence" to prove my point over and over again without much contest. So if anyone has little noose left it's definitely not me, nor the others who have been advocating my points (although hopefully with less spitting, insults and denigration than Reclaimer did).

I think the whole "naming and shaming" that's going on while hunting JohnGalt going too far. Make your points, but don't start rubbing it in, it will only increase the divide and will mean that those tankers will take much longer to see the truth, if they ever will.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hegeteus

Sorry, but I didn't mean you by that. Even now there's more boring John Galt hate posts... it's as if John Galt bought an insult from the net by making this one thread but didn't realize that it's actually a lifetime subscription
    • Up x 1
  16. Reclaimer77

First off, I'm hardly the inventor of that term.

Do you know why people use it? Because it perfectly describes what unchecked numbers of vehicles do. They "sh*t" on good fights.

This "666" outfit would actually mass armor and camp warpgates. I mean, honestly, can you think of anything more UNFUN to fight against? Anything as cheesy as that?

And Galt wonders why people would switch factions and target him....
  17. Hegeteus

I can imagine it's cheesy, but you make it sound like all vehicle users are like that. If I stumble upon a ton of tanks, I might go infiltrate among repairing crewmen and pull some nasty tricks to them but if there's nothing to be done I'll find a better fight instead. Besides, there have been multiple videos where John isn't even surrounded by a megaton of friendly tanks and he still gets hunted

What you're saying might be true from time to time(redundantly massive armor columns), but I have a feeling it has gone past it and beyond to a point where all tank users are being insulted any time, anywhere no matter how often that scenario even occurs
  18. Stormsinger

Meh, at this point - the only issue I have with C4 is the damage it does. I am fine with two bricks instantly blowing any tank, but 60% damage per brick would be more then enough. ~80%+ is a bit high.
  19. Jake the Dog

I would say have the directional armor apply to C4 and have mineguard effect C4 as well.

Mineguard should effect all sides but do nothing against tank rounds. Armor should protect against where it explodes so its directional. Meanwhile I will run stealth and NAR and kill you anyways in my MBT...
    • Up x 1
  20. Reclaimer77

The only way one brick of C-4 does +80% damage to your MBT is if you are ignoring armor upgrades in favor of stealth or whatever. In that case, oh well, tough cookies. That's the choice you've made.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.