Remove 1 Class from the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpruceMoose, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Ikarius77

The game really doesn't need to remove a class... in fact, the game needs to adds one and split Heavy Assault in two, one to fight in frontlines with LMG's and one to Support with Rockets Launchers and fight Vehicles.
    • Up x 4
  2. Leftconsin

Infiltrator - It is a trap that low BR players fall into thinking they can be some sort of 1337 5n1pz0r in this game. In reality they get a few body shots and are rewarded with an assist every few minutes. I should know, embarrassingly that was my first experience playing this game on the insistence of the person who introduced me to Planetside. Ever notice how rare it is to see someone above BR30 sniping? I wouldn't cry a word if sniping was removed from this game.

Also, I consider MAX to be a vehicle. BUT! I do have a lot more respect for MAXes as an important AND FUN part of this game.

TL;DR I'm saying being attacked by MAXes fun and sniping unfun.
  3. tornflags

My 51 killstreak with TSAR disagrees. Anyway, I'd ditch heavies.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sulsa

Where is the poll? How can this be a topic and not have a poll???
    Do they even allow forumsiders to have the poll ability?

MAX

because that is the only class I never play.
  5. desktop

infiltrators, or more specifically its ability to cloak. I would tolerate them better if they could not be spotted instead of going invisible.
  6. DarkJackal

Engineer.

No further balance changes needed, attrition will do the rest. Mwuahahahaha.
  7. Poacher

LOL.....haven't learned to look up yet eh? It is the kamikazi class. Many of us actually prefer counting coup with the enemy and it fulfills that role very well. The second stringers can whine all they want in heavy armor or plinking away from the boonies with a cloak.
    • Up x 1
  8. Posse

MAX, hands down, why? Because they don't add anything good, infantry gameplay is worse than it would be without them. And you don't need to do anything to balance infantry gameplay afterwards, in fact, if you remove MAXes, now you can nerf the rocket launcher without any undesired secondary consequences.

You would probably need to buff some AA alternatives since bursters are going to disappear though.

Or you don't know how to use them
    • Up x 3
  9. GoyoElGringo

Yeah, and then they should split infiltrator into 3: sniper, stalker, and assault. And then split engineer into 2 classes: AI and AV. And then maxes into 3 classes as well. Because putting a class label on things makes them official.
  10. Klypto

MAX
    • Up x 2
  11. TheMish

Infiltrator.
  12. FocusLight

In tears and rage.

I would not remove any classes, it would kill the balance in the game as it is, and thus kill the game itself.
  13. Archiadus

Instead of removing stuff I'd prefer to see them take away certain abilities / capabilities from the current classes while adding in new classes that specialize in those roles such as:

• Up x 1
  14. z1967

Heavy Assault, screw over 70% of the population from using the best non-MAX class in the game. Most would switch to medic, but still it would be great to see the fall out from the change.
    • Up x 4
  15. doombro

I mained light assault for my first 3 or 4 months in the game. It's fun, but that's all it is. The game doesn't benefit as a whole in any way from having roof monkeys or C4 fairies. As entertaining as it is, I just think that the other classes in the game serve far more value than the light assault, and if I had to remove one class, it would easily be LA.
  16. Leftconsin

I already use medic. It is more powerful.
    • Up x 1
  17. LodeTria

Probably MAX, and just give a burster to LA in the tool slot, and AV in the primary slot.
    HA if i just wanted to laugh at the forum cry.
  18. Xind

Infiltrator. I play as a Stalker but frankly infantry gameplay would be vastly more fun without OHK snipers.
  19. Donaldson Jones

Get rid of LA it's just dumb. Just give all classes access to jump jets in return for a sacrificial slot. Make jump jets for maxs but have them give up their speciality and defense slots for it.
  20. Murderin

Infiltrator. It is a cowards class. Theres nothing more annoying than mowing down half of a faction at a base and then getting headshot by some kid 300 yards away when I take a 2 second break to get a drink or something.

Its probably the most commonly used class for aimbotting too. Some people are remarkably good at headshotting me at a full sprint while zigging and zagging.