Remove 1 Class from the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpruceMoose, Dec 20, 2014.

1. doombro

Gameplay at biolabs and towers is dysfunctional, to put it kindly. I try to pretend they don't exist.
    • Up x 1
  2. Posse

LA with infinite ammo? Yeah sure, sounds pretty broken to me.
    • Up x 1
  3. Geddes

skyknights
  4. iller

Exactly what everyone who doesn't understand the harsher realities of Game Design always claims...

No one is supposed to enjoy the effects of a capable assassin class or any "psychological element" it represents. Especially when it does its job before you even get TO the fight. And often it's completely random when it does. But in games where it doesn't exist, you end up seeing Stalemates becoming the reigning conclusion or 2 completely different teams running the same exact strategies and whichever one micro'd faster ended up the winner and it gets stale even FASTER. Back lines would almost never be sabotaged. And the medic itself would have to be nerfed in some other way. As a Medic player, I'm very much against that. I like how strong medic is in this game, it's my #1 class for PTFO'ing. And having more experience as an INF means I already have every sniping lane memorized and I know just how helpless an INF is too when it has my undivided attention (& my assault rifle's).

Anyone who calls themselves a true support class player, owes it to themselves to also play whichever sneaky b*****d class was added to be their soft counter. In more cases than not, they'll find that class is way more limited/gimmicky than they 1st thought it was
    • Up x 2
  5. GoyoElGringo

That's not a class, it's a vehicle.
  6. Archlyte

Remove all classes and go back to the system from PS1. I can carry an SMG on my heavy but not a Gauss rifle? wtf
    • Up x 1
  7. AlterEgo

[IMG]
  8. AlterEgo

Nope.
    PS1 sucks.
    :D
  9. Archlyte

Sure AlterEgo.

Remove all classes and go back to the better system from PS1.
  10. cykael

This thread was pretty much what I expected, terribad players complaining about infiltrators and infantry players complaining about maxes.

I definitely feel the same way, the halving of classes was one of the things that put me off from buying BF3 even though I loved BF2. I'd really love for PS2 to make distinction between demolitions class and the LMG HA guy. The pilot thing suggested felt like a great idea as well.
  11. Matt879

Let's agree to disagree. I think the infiltrator has a valuable place in the game when used properly, I don't think the cloak is difficult to spot at all at close to medium range and snipers very rarely get a killshot on me. I suppose we might as well end it there.
  12. Slamz

Engineer. Light Assaults gain the ability to use a repair gun but it takes the spot of their C4. Heavies get anti-tank mines. Deployable turrets go away or also merge into LA, again in the place of their C4 (and repair gun -- so you can have a turret, or C4 or a repair gun. Pick 1).

I play engineer way more than anything else purely for the repair gun, but I hate having to get out and fight as engineer because we bring nothing of value to the shootout. At least medics get awesome guns.
  13. p10k56

I don't like infiltrator. Still think that some rework on darklight flashlight will solve most issues.
    Do not get why it has same flash effect as old flashlight also enlightened infiltrator should be more visible maybe when in light he should lose energy much more faster.
    As for medic my only concern is stupidly overpowered aura. Also max 2 revives per player will solve most problems.
    Some new stuff for LA and HA will be nice. Specially LA are most forgotten class.
  14. Poacher

lol....I actually laughed at the Roof Monkey/C4 Fairies comment. What it boils down to is the role of Light Assault is generally to be a PITA and have fun doing it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Slamz

I would loooove to see LA be reduced to a max of 1 C4 though.

It's kind of ridiculous that C4 is so very high up in the kill charts for vehicles. An MBT is most likely to die 1 of 2 ways: another MBT or C4.

The decimator or other weapon systems don't even come close.

LA's don't even have another choice for their utility slot. No alternatives to tempt them. Every single LA in the game is a C4 fairy.
    • Up x 1
  16. FieldMarshall

Lots of fun to be had from removing any. The obvious choices would be Infil or MAX.

Remove Infil: People can goof around on landing pads and in the open knowing nothing will happen.
    Would certainly change how i play. I usually "twitch" around as i move or just stand still.
    Having played alot of sniping infil, i know how annoying it can be, and know snipers would rather take a shot at the guy next to me running in a straight line.

Remove Engineer: Suddenly everything changes. Vehicles and MAXes have to rely on auto repair. And nobody gets any ammo.
    Would be fun to see how people would change their game without engineers.

Remove Medic: Removing a big support class like the medic would have interesting effects.
    I think attackers would suffer the most, as defenders can respawn nearby anyway,
    and all attacks would quickly loose momentum as they get whittled down.
    You would also probably get an increased HA population.

Remove MAX: Lots of people are probably going to say MAX. However, i dont think it would matter as much as i initially thought,.
    Its essentially just a large heavy, but nothing really special beyond that.
    I suppose aircrafts would become more of a problem if MAXes were gone. Also more vehicles running free.
    Could shake things up a bit, but wouldnt have as much of an impact as Engineer or Medic imo.

Remove LA: Less C4d vehicles and AMSs.
    You wouldnt have to worry about enemies on rooftops and getting flanked from those angles. Thats all i can think of.

Remove HA: No rocket spam. Vehicles roam freely. Medic is the new 1v1 class. More aircrafts.
    MAXes are more powerful as they are harder to kill without rockets. Harder for defenders because all HAs changed to Medic and can revive.
  17. iller

actually..... its not proportionally more vehicles where its top users are generating kills....

[IMG]

This is why I say it's basically it's own "class". And it needs to atleast STOP generating more resources for the user everytime it's only killing infantry and not vehicles... Though I guess the MAX haters could say the same about A.I. MAXes too.
  18. Slamz

VKPH isn't going to be a good measure for something like C4, since lots of people are carrying it with them all the time, whether they intend to use it or not. It's like trying to measure KPH on a knife: it looks low but doesn't really reflect the usefulness since "Horus" consists of every moment you had the item on you (which, for knives, is 100% of the time and for LA with C4 is 100% of the time since they first certed C4).

That's why I say total kills is the better measure. For total kills, it's all MBT cannons and C4.
    • Up x 1
  19. I play by many names

I would remove maxes. Game would become 2-3x better. Another not so bad thing taken from PS1 and completely butchered in PS2. Not tanky enough, way too much offensive firepower. Its insane how fast a AI max can kill even a HA with his shield up. It gets even dumber when you realize they can do it almost as if not just as quickly with many AV weapons. PS1 maxes were much better balanced and actually added to the game. PS2 maxes are poorly designed farming/stat padding tools that are straight upgrades from infantry in nearly every way.
  20. LT_Latency

Da MAX
    • Up x 1