Remove 1 Class from the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpruceMoose, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Auzor

LOL. Awesome.
    Not sure about LA wanting to remove infiltrator however.. there are to few "heavy assault" entries in your table.
    Both infiltrator and light assault players have been whining about heavy shield for example..
    Also, heavy is basically one of the max counter classes with RL and AV grenade. Remove max, and hordes of other players will whine even louder to nerf HA shield.
    Everyone hates to encounter maxes. So, mostly excluding max from the table:

heavy assault---------------------------------------- (MAX) Light assault/infiltrator
    ground vehicle driver------------------------------ Light assault/ AV turret
    air pilot-------------------------------------------------- MAX/ Pesky lockon heavy. *
    Light assault------------------------------------------ Infiltrator/heavy assault shield
    Support Medic/Engineer-------------------------- Light assault/infiltrator
    Infiltrator ------------------------------------------------Light assault/ heavy assault shield
    MAX -----------------------------------------------------Light assault/Heavy assault/ AV turret

*also pesky dumbfire heavy.
  2. Waratorium

I'd say remove the Light Assault and give all of the remaining classes the LA jetpacks.
  3. Pineapple Pizza!

MEDIC

It rewards 'critical mass' tactics where platoons can take bases by simply having a ton of idiots inside a building. You cannot wear your enemy down by attrition; damage dealt is instantly undone by heal auras and bubbles, kills are erased in less than 2 seconds, and a nade that knocks out 4 players at once is countered with...a revive grenade...

There's no reason for squads to use tactics to push their enemies back into the spawn and send them back to Amerish; you win by default, unless your opponent shoves 30 maxes inside at the last second.
  4. Zimmerit

Max and HA ( for Ha shield nerf will be good too)
  5. Clay

Boy your signature is hilarious. I am laughing my *** off :D

I would remove light assault and make the jetpack an utility option for the other classes. Because I would love to play a heavy with jetpack muhahah.
  6. Matt879

What you said about the cloak is simply false. Ever since the cloak visibility tweak I get spotted up to 50m by most of the players I run into, it's not anywhere near as effective as you say up close. What weapons can compete with SMG's up close? Every high ROF carbine and AR is going to mow down an SMG infiltrator without a problem, at least if both players have the same skill. The knife OHK knife is pretty powerful if you can get up close and if the hit detection actually works for once, but every class has access to those knives, and as I said, the cloak's extremely easy to spot up close. Yes, snipers can kill from a distance, yes they're annoying to get killed by. Yet if you keep moving in an unpredictable fashion almost no sniper in the game is going to land a hit on you at a distance, let alone a headshot.

And tell me again that infiltrators don't contribute next time you see every single enemy in a base because there are motion darts everywhere. I can guarantee you that those aren't scan bolts from the crossbow.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ragnarox

Highby class.
  8. William Petersen

Half (or more) of the people who do play medics can't be bothered with actually using their medigun, I can't imagine all the Heavy Noobs using it either when they could be looking for someone to kill.

Not me. I like hearing them, I whip out my RL and go MAX-hunting. They think they're such badasses 'til I shove two rockets in their face (or bait them into a C4 trap).
  9. William Petersen

For clarity, I don't mean that everyone who plays heavy is a noob, but there are a LOOOOOOOT of noobs who play heavy.
    • Up x 1
  10. ScuNioN

How about no classes just certs spent on abilities just like *triumphant horn sounds* the original Planetside! Really, it was a considerably better system for numerous reasons the biggest is that you could tailor your character to the abilities you wanted or a certain style of play.
  11. Posse

Yep, you definitely don't know how to use it effectively.
  12. Doc Jim

Remove the AI weapons from the MAX unit.
    Remove the LA entirely.
  13. Astealoth

LA and engi could be condensed into one class easily. Ability slot you can pick a jump jet or an ammo crate, picking a jump jet disables your turret slot. Game is exactly how it was with less clutter, and jump jetters can throw mines too instead of C4 or medkit only which isn't exactly a game breaking balance issue since they're both much weaker than C4 in a jump jet role.
  14. Jackplays17

That would be terrible!
  15. Atis

1. What high rof carbine or AR is as controlable as SMG?
    I never mentioned OHK knife, but any knife is more effective in infil's hand because of cloak.
    Cloaked infil is MUCH harder to spot than any other class, any objections on that?
    Necessity to dance like crazy ALL THE TIME adds a lot to frustration from infil class, especially when you cant do that well for the sake of being more quiet, limited space, necessity to aim well etc.
    Dancing works against any class, yet only sniper can miss 3 shots in row and dont eat bullet second later.
    Headshots are not necessary if target if far enough from cover, can easily do 2 bodyshots.

2. Contribution to teamplay and adding depth in game are not even close concepts, when you stop being such tryhard you may find time to understand difference.

3. Why should I even bother to explain my choice? It's a survey, post your own opinion and stop worrying about mine.
  16. K2k4

I'm not fond of MAXes. I think they area balance hazard. Then again i can't imagine how the game would continue without them. Infantry stalemates would be everywhere.
    • Up x 1
  17. doombro

Effectiveness is irrelevant. It has no purpose. There are no specific tools that make the light assault important in any way. They could easily just make the jetpacks a generic tool/utility slot for the engineer or whatever, and nobody would notice a difference. If they were to remove any other class, that would be a big thing missing from the game. If they removed light assault, it wouldn't be a big deal at all, comparatively.
    • Up x 1
  18. Posse

No sure, they gameplay at biolabs, towers and some other bases would stay the same without LAs, suuuuuuuuuuure
  19. SpruceMoose

if anything mixing Light assault with engineer would make the Light assault role stronger

Light assaults with utility packs
    c4

c4 everywhere
  20. nuclearunicorn

If anything classes need to be added to the game. I would like to see a class added called the pilot and anytime you spawn a vehicle you spawn as that class inside it. You'd get a repair gun and maybe a sidearm or one of the more basic rifles. Engineers could still have a repair gun but they would need to choose it over something like a secondary. Engineers can already do wayyy to much and i bet they are the highest on most peoples most played list, adding these turrets just gave them another tool in their already overstuffed toolbox.