[Suggestion] Redesign the VS so that they are less annoying to fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Irrelevant--

I'd really like for SOE to take a look at camo coverage. It seems like it'd' be such an easy tweak. Don't change VS style, just alter NC and TR to something "cooler" than the dumb crayola barf they have all over them.

Even if you think (incorrectly heh) that camo has no use in this game, you have to admit that NC and TR would look way better without all that color. My heavy looks sooo derp with red plates running through snow/grass/dirt camos. And the infil....I don't even....
    • Up x 1
  2. iller

I'd be happy if our NC's infiltrators didn't have bright white bras and garters with yellow trim that glows in the dark...
    (Or did that get fixed? ...I can't tell b/c I can't 3rd person view myself in the dark)
  3. Dibola

The free super dark camo on the VS needs to go. NC and TR are visible during night and so should the VS.
  4. Lection

:eek: O...M...G... It's one of the original Vanu aliens!

:oops: Can i have an autograph?
  5. Keelin

Bad idea.

Do you see all those people unhappy with the coverage/colors on TR and NC?
    What makes more sense? Upsetting VS too or fixing the TR and NC so they can look better?
    I know which one i would pick.

"If everyone is unhappy, no one is unhappy" - If that's your solution then arguing with you is quite frankly pointless.
  6. Negator

just..... because renuse says so?
  7. Nurath

True, but I get the crazy impression friendly-fire incidents would sky-rocket. I got out of my way to avoid shooting friendlies in the rear and frankly with thermals my FF incidents go UP (and this is considering the enemy tends to come from one general direction and I have a vague idea of where my team is).

Amazingly being able to see team colours does in fact help me shoot the enemy and not shoot my own team! :O
  8. Arsonix

Wow I have literally no idea where you get your ideas from.

I was more than willing to go and test out my hypothesis with you and you see it as me "being defencive". So now I guess you found a moral reason to get out of that, how convenient. Your statements are so outlandish that it is hard to not sound a bit harsh when it comes to putting your statements down. I can't really help that. If you can't deal with disagreements then maybe you shouldn't post in a balance thread?

You went back on some of the things you said even. You can't just pretend I'm performing some type of ad homenim attack and then try to manipulate by appealing to some type of emotional response in place of a valid argument.

I am more than willing to have a reasonable debate with someone but mudslinging is not necessary and just derails the conversation.

Here is the truth. The lights on the guns and free night camo are bad. They make things like VS flash suppressors pointless and whenever a VS buys an NS weapon he automatically is the stealthiest soldier at night through no use of SC. As for TR and NC with a 5 dollar purchase with SC you can buy a cloth helmet and a dark pattern and also be the stealthiest soldier at night + access to all of their faction specific weaponry without being concerned that it will give them away. It isn't and never has been fair.
  9. Serialkillerwhale

Jesus christ, you actually think vanu are easy to see? They're nearly pure black on purple so dark it might be black, if they're shooting, at that point you're already hit and they've got the initiative.

you've already lost your advantage, the vanu swarm will now be zerging your ***.

That's exactly how it goes.
  10. Arsonix

Thank you for that, you can now go back under your bridge while the adults have a conversation not rooted in fantasy. Seriously do you mind? We were talking about making their armor more visible and you have to post stuff like this.
  11. Dracorean

Any faction with crazy pop will be annoying to fight, pulling out random reasons as to what makes them annoying is just pointless given that your always gonna have to fight someone that have enough numbers to warpgate you and the the other faction.
  12. Wecomeinpeace

I don't get it.
    When i play TR (BR50 TR, BR60 VS) i don't have any problems whatsoever identifying VS. When i play VS i barely see anyone using the default camo. When in doubt, shoot, when in doubt but have time, spot. Where is the problem?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not telling the OP he's crazy or something, i just don't get how this could possibly be a real problem. I never experienced it myself in ~2 years of PS2.
    @OP: Are you entirely and totally sure that it is specifically VS that's so hard to see it affects your play? Did you try the other factions? Where do you meet all those BR10+ players that use the default camo?
  13. Leondre

VS even blend into the ******* walls in towers and other bases. It's just stupid.
  14. nubery

The glow effects only display to teammates. Unless you're an infil then things get weird. EVERYONE has the glowly lights, on top of it. They are not unique to Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flapatax

When I was reading this I realized there were probably a bunch of people complaining whilst having their brightness at 0 and shadows on. Lol.
  16. TheKhopesh

We have male infils walking around wearing female underwear... ON THE OUTSIDE no less...

It's a joke.
    "I fought Superman once. The loser has to wear his underwear on the outside for the rest of his life."

Only in this case it's the NC.
    So a good 95% of our friendlies are more like Bizzaro.
    :(

If they manage to hit you, it'll hurt.
    But more than likely they'll only end up either missing or shooting fellow NC.

• Up x 1
  17. Arsonix

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I guess it is all just a figment of our imaginations right?
    • Up x 2