[Suggestion] Redesign the VS so that they are less annoying to fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Aug 16, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

I find the faction are hard to see when the background matches the team color.

VS and NC can be a pain to see at night when the walls are blue or purple respectively especially at night on hossin
    • Up x 1
  2. 60rockstar

"Please do away with the free night camo"

Agree 100%
    • Up x 3
  3. Arsonix

Did you actually think that was going to work?
    • Up x 1
  4. Renuse

Like I said. No LMG should have the kind of movement speed that these LMGs do. I am aware of the other weapons too.

This is an accross the game point im making, not limited to one faction.

Any weapon system that is classified as an LMG is normally about 2-3 times heavier than the typical rifle, much less an SMG. Also keep in mind the larger calibers weigh more than smaller ones. This is wjat dictates 'movement speed' because when you cary big guns that stuff is heavy.

Common sense right?
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

Except vanu are known for there mobility. And since vanu LMGs don't work like the typical LMGS NC and TR with (huge magazines) we don't qualify for that classification ;).
  6. Renuse

Note these differences. TR and NC have white/tan (a light color) tracing over their legs, arms and chest. This allows for the human eye to naturally see and even supplement the general form of the human body. The purpose of camo is too break up the typical profile of the shape of a person and conceal them in given environment.

The methods that camo use for this vary from pattern and color, to strategically placing lighter portuons of camouflage in order to trick our eyes into thinking we arent seeing a person (breaking up a persons natural shape).

Also of special note is that the game's setting. Its the future, there is a lot of glowing stuff and 'new things' that we dont normally see. You know, the environment and all that is planetside 2.

As such, if you look at the VS they have a bright light on their weapon. There arent uniform bands of glowing light on them that outline their natural form. Theres a light at the end of a stick. Having a group of VS together, waving these things around, and crossing over you field of view, as well the natural obstacles... Can be pretty confusing to the natural eye.

Case in point,VS are hard to see at night because of their purple color blends with atmospherics and the little light they do have on them only serves to break up their natural profiles, thereby making it more difficult for the human eye to see and translate into a persons outline.

IMO. What would an infantryman know wbout natural profiling, camouflage, and finding your enemy in different enviornments in order to kill them?
    • Up x 1
  7. Renuse

Once again. LMGs shouldnt move like SMGs.

Decrease the TR and NC movement, idc. Or increase the SMG speeds.

If the Vanue are making LMGs that move like SMGs then why are they making SMGs still? Hmm?

Also you cant ignore the mass of the weapon and amount of ammo.

Also note: If Vanue were so superior that they can ignore the rules of mass and common sense why havnt they won the war yet?
    • Up x 2
  8. Arsonix

I'm guessing you have never put camo on a NC or TR soldier. Lets put the wall hugger pattern on ourselves and go to VR and set this straight. You will find that all the white/tan are covered by the new pattern leaving only the parts that are either Red or Yellow to tell teammates not to shoot.

As for what you said about the lights going unnoticed because there are lots of lights in planetside 2 that is just an over exaggeration. Maybe 1% of the overall environment lights up IE terminals, signs, and shields. It is not confusing to the eye at all to see what a weapon is. We are not talking about zebras here, they don't blend in to the herd because they're moving. I think you should know something emitting light is going to attract the human eye before something that is an odd color, especially when your eyes are starved for light in a night time scenario.
  9. Negator

Would you quit this ******** opinionated anti VS crusade of yours? Daily, you post these annoying noob rants. stop it.
    • Up x 2
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

There are assualt rifles that NC AND TR have that .75x movement speed too. Care to remove those also? What about the carbines with .75 movement speed? Remove those too?
  11. nubery

Arguing that camo overage isn't an advantage just isn't a thing. Anyone stating otherwise is lying or stupid.

Bring NC and TR in line with Vanu. Enough nerfing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Renuse

Lol. Yes when they go buy camo and put it on. Are you implying we have to buy camo in order to be as camouflage as VS? You just proved a point someone else had posted on this thread.

Idk. Im only BR 100. I couldnt have possibly played enough to see or even play other factions while they have different camos on and too see different camos myself. Couldnt possibly.

Your still not seeing the point. I am not saying the whole game is a disco party and since VS have glow effects on their gears that they blend in. They wouldnt regaurdless as their bodies passing over lights would outline them reguardless.

Regaurdless of the lowballs and defensive posture your taking you cannot refut that the little lights that the VS have serve to break up their natural human form, thereby making it harder for people to pick them out. Besides the free camo you so eloquently pointed out is superior to the default camos on NC and TR.

Im not going to argue with someone whos is being defensive just to be defensive and failing to meet if not argue all my points, instead resorting to veild insults and only targeting certaint aspects of an argument. You being defensive is enough.

Good day.
    • Up x 1
  13. Renuse

Still remaining at my main point. Last post was obviously a whimsical suggestion. Implying the possibility of nerfing other weapons into different ranges to preserve an SMG specific movement speed.

LMGs should not have .75 movment. Regaurdless of your opinion of how heavy batteries are. (If they were so much lighter than every single vanue weapon would be faster movement speed accross the board)
  14. AgentRed

The just need more of that bright cyan stripes in the armor like TR has bright red and NC has bright yellow.
    • Up x 1
  15. Renuse

Sorry I didnt mean 'nerf' more along the lines of shift cause everything would change a bit.
  16. doombro

VS's camo system is ridiculous all day round. They get complete coverage from their camos because they use completely neutral colors instead of the good old purple, while TR and NC are stuck with half-coverage with ugly splotches of red and yellow everywhere.
    • Up x 3
  17. Pacster3

You really wanna tell us that waving a flashlight makes you less visible than some red armor in the night cause the flashlight breakes your natural human form? Whatever, dude...really...whatever.

There is NO camo in this entire world that uses LIGHTS. But maybe you should tell those stupid guys that you know it better...:p
    • Up x 2
  18. Renuse

I do. Thank you.
  19. Ogopogo

Oh my....

Wait, you're actually serious, aren't you? Please go do some reading.
  20. Pacster3

Dead serious. When you come up with an arguement...don't forget to ring a bell....I might be interested. ;-)
    • Up x 1