[Suggestion] Redesign the VS so that they are less annoying to fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Aug 16, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

Please do away with the free night camo. Make the default VS color purple instead of black. Also, tone down the amount of camo coverage on VS. Add huge teal streaks to their spandex so that we can see them easier. NC has to deal with huge yellow splotches everywhere, TR has to deal with red marks all over their armor, so why is the VS exempt from this?

As it stands now it is generally accepted that the VS are by far the most annoying faction to fight. While this is a multi-sided issue caused by both devs and players, I believe that VS would be far more enjoyable to fight if we could actually see them in the dark. VS are very difficult to see at night. They are practically invisible on Hossin, and are the main reason I don't like fighting there. SOE please redesign VS. I would even be willing to overlook the Orion and PPA spam if it meant I could see them in the dark.
    • Up x 29
  2. HadesR

I'd just be happy with equal camo coverage ... The supposed fairness of it is why I have to suffer the God awful art design of Infi Bra and Stockings .. So yup a bit of parity across the other classes and factions wouldn't go a miss ..

Removing some of the Yellow and Red from NC / TR would be the best option but if not then more Teal needs adding to VS.

Make all Classes / Factions equally as Good .. Or make them equally as **** .. W/e Just make them equal ..
    • Up x 8
  3. maxkeiser

Such nonsense. Hardly worth a response really.

ALL factions are hard to see at night. Just as hard to see NC/TR. It's dark.

Vanu are absolutely fine as they are. They already have generally the lowest populations across the game. Nobody will ever want to play them if you add in more nasty colours (which is why they were given nicer colours).

Just play the game. When I play as NC I have NO TROUBLE AT ALL seeing vanu in any conditions. Indeed, I more often have trouble seeing the TR.
    • Up x 11
  4. HadesR

IMO it's their overall default appearance that makes them unappealing not the colours ... Spandex and sex toy shaped helmets o_O

Purple shouldn't automatically mean horrid looking ..
    [IMG]

It all depends on what style the colour is applied to .. The basic style AND colour added together is what isn't appealing for VS ..

I'm not sure why, it's like they designed these really cool looking Scythes and Mag's .. With curves and fins ... and got to the infantry and couldn't be arsed ...
  5. Arsonix

Are you willing to permanently shut off all the lights on our guns? If so then I would gladly wear a bit more teal.
    • Up x 4
  6. Prudentia

I don't know what you play, but about half of the VS i see are glowing like a christmas tree.. including me. Tech4lyfe
    • Up x 10
  7. Renuse

This man needs a medal.

I agree with everything.

VS are ridiculas at night.

Im tempted to actually feel bad for the NC because of their 'camo' too.

Also the Orion needs to lose that movement speed. It should not be performing like an SMG as an LMG and be as accurate as it is.
    • Up x 5
  8. jiggu

I could agree on a bit less camo coverage on them, but overall make the NC and TR camos cover more. They look silly with the BRIGHT RED or EYE-SEARING YELLOW highlighting the soft spots like a big SHOOT ME sign.
    • Up x 3
  9. Rift23

If only there were special night-vision or thermal scopes that lit up people in the dark/in cover like Christmas trees.
    • Up x 5
  10. omni2

But you can see the PPA spam at night really good.
    As even every shoot from our cool looking plasma guns makes highlighting us at night. (Lasher is blinding me when i use it :) )

I can´t see any TR at night, thats why i use this funny little thing on my weapons that makes me seeing them at night much better.
    TR should start looking at their own camo.
  11. WUNDER8AR

Dark camo is a nuisance that can be overcome with monitor settings and HSNV scopes. Not to mention that the TR has camos that blend very well at night time as well. Please stop denying that. Yes VS one blends a bit better, but in the heat of a battle and in the ranges where most fights take place it doesn't make a difference anyways. I could also argue that TR has the least visible tracers while VS tracers are clearly more visible. Or that TR gets better camo coverage for Indar overall since, well, red blends better with ocher/orang(ish) rock formations and deserts (especially in the afternoon) than dark purple/black (which actually stands out like a sore thumb on most brightish backgrounds, which is almost everywhere on daytime except for Hossin). I don't even think the NC gets shafted here because again, at ranges where camo starts to actually matter in terms of blending with your environment you won't see the little bits and pieces of blue and yellow anymore unless you use a high powered scope. You just spam Q and shoot the red triangle. The real elephant in the room is cross faction camos and the amount of camos in general up to a point where you inevitably get confused unless you have literally studied the appearance of each class and each empire with all the different camos, helmets and body armor.
    • Up x 2
  12. Paragon Exile

Sounds good.

Nerf us after you give us dimmer tracers, weapons that don't glow and something aside from bright teal as our secondary colour.

Don't look for the soldier, look for his movement contours and bullets. Seeing Vanu is trivial.
    • Up x 2
  13. HadesR

Rather the other factions be " buffed " so camo coverage is equal across factions .. Since we all want balance and fairness ....

TBH the fact that more hasn't been changed totally makes a mockery of the " alleged " reason Infiltrator coverage was changed ...

But sadly considering who is in charge of that aspect .. It's not going happen.
    • Up x 1
  14. FrankHH

This shows exactly what's wrong with you, and the Planetside community in general.

Instead of making the VS more visible, we should make TR AND NC less visible. Why? Because it wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

It's idiotical to think that a soldier would want to be spotted with flashy colors and bright lights.
    • Up x 9
  15. Yuukikun

As a VS, please make us more visible, nerf our guns, nerf our Tanks, nerf our ESFs. The orion is op? Nerf it. The no bullet drop is op? Nerf it.

This way when we still destroy you in battle, all you will be able to do is uninstall.
    • Up x 2
  16. Botji

Now that we are talking about difference in visibility how about unnerfing the Magriders visibility? By that I mean both the drivers ability to see and the Magrider being a big glowing tank.

Or perhaps give TR a bright neon red smoke on all their rockets(NC should ofc get their yellow one too!) so its all fair an square on that too?

If you take a hit from a TR/NC rocket you just see some dark gray smoke puff but when VS fires one.. man, its like a permanent pointer from where it came from in a shocking blue/white, its very "hard" to spot.

Then we might as well go to sounds, its not fair that TRs infiltrator has such a distinct sound(I really do think they should fix it) so its very hard to sneak around as TR, just as its near impossible to sneak around as VS and fire unless you have a NS weapon the PEWPEWPEW will tell everyone that you dont belong there... kinda like how as TR/NC you can sneak rockets on tanks and such in a zerg and cause mass confusion/TKs while a VS would be painfully obvious its not a "friendly" shooting them in the rear.

Soon PS2 will be a gray goo, no one will look or be different.
    • Up x 4
  17. RHINO_Mk.II

This. On the NC side:
    • Infiltrators lose the baby blue bra and hose. Also lose the glo-in-the-dark stripes.
    • LA is okay for the most part, but camo should apply to the jetpack.
    • Medic backpack needs to be less glaring white - either grey or tan. Change other white armor bits to match.
    • Engineer backpack needs to be less glaring yellow - either grey or tan. Leg plates need less bright yellow spots.
    • HA back armor should get rid of the bright yellow "shoot me here" X in the center. Leg plates lose the yellow as well.
    • MAX is okay because it's literally impossible to mistake the shape and size of the max so colors don't matter. Would be nice to scale the model and hitbox down to VS MAX size or increase the armor to compensate for it being easier to hit.
    • Up x 6
  18. Ragnarox

The only thing I dislike for the camo is that you can use YELLOW camo as a VS. I killed like 30 players from my own fraction thinking they are NC. Why dont they add RED camo so I can shoot them thinking they are TR.
    • Up x 1
  19. entrailsgalore

Does it even really matter when someone spots you and you have a Dorito over your head?
    • Up x 5
  20. Jalek

Movement contours in the dark? Used to just look for the pointy helmets, but that varies now.
    The red color of the dorito works best of all, regardless of camo color, except when playing TR sometimes.