[Suggestion] Redesign the VS so that they are less annoying to fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Ztiller

As long as every single VS weapon in the game highlights the user like a Christmas tree, we need that camo.

Ever tried using a Lasher? Within 2 seconds of opening fire, you will practically overheat from all the laser sights aiming at you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Paragon Exile

Yep.

Movement is very easy to see even in the dark because Humans evolved to see predators hiding in tall grass, we're hardwired to spaz out at the sight of anything suspicious moving against a background. If you train yourself and stand relatively still, you can pick up very minute movements with little concious effort. The night in Planetside isn't even dark to begin with anyways. :p

Instead, we should get the TR and NC darker colored armor. Give the TR matte black secondary, and give the NC real gold and a deeper blue.
  3. Arsonix

Whatever happens the lite-brite guns need to go. As a feature it is broken. Just take a look at how redundant having a VS flash suppressor is. You're basically trading muzzle flash for a longer permanently glowing barrel and higher recoil.

Right now if you're an NS lover then the VS are your faction but if you don't like NS weapons and play VS you just have to deal with the worst gun models in the game and it is getting unbearable. Since all of Hossin is practically covered in shadow 24/7 if you're VS you really have no choice but to go for NS weapons and when you do everyone complains about how OP you look.
    • Up x 1
  4. IrishPride

I agree, but I do not know if its the color thats hard to see OR THE FREAKING WEIRD LIGHTING IN THE GAME THAT MAKES EVERYTHING BLURRY AND BLOTCHY and i have everything maxed so i wish they'd tone the lighting down or something change their color or change the brightness mainly lighting it's horrid.
  5. Arsonix

You don't play with motion blur on by chance do you?
    • Up x 2
  6. IrishPride

That maybe it, probably the lighting is terrible for it? or is motion blur just broke? I dunno i'll shut it off and find out. Thanks.
  7. Gambitual

This is honestly something so trivial that I can't believe it is being brought up... again.

I am honestly baffled that you complain that the VS are annoying to fight because we are harder to see in the dark. First of all, that point is very much arguable. Second, it would make sense that the VS, having the most form-fitting and sleakest armour, would blend in the most in most situations. Lastly, generalizing your unpleasant experience with the VS by something that is essentially cosmetic and trivial and only happens very occasionally is rather dogmatic.

The PPA is powerful. OP? Maybe. But please, stop mentioning it. We get it.

Orion. Not OP in the slightest.
    • Up x 3
  8. FrankHH

Motion blur has been disabled in the last patch for input reasons. Also, object motion blur helped me spot people better, especially cloaked infiltrators, back when you could enable it. If anything, motion blur helped you.
  9. IrishPride

gah... oh well either way the lighting is terrible gives too much glossy effect and the day/night transition is makes it harder to adjust.
  10. TheFamilyGhost

Something being annoying is now reason to change the game. I understand.
  11. Ztiller

I think Shotguns are annoying. Remove NC plx.
  12. Aegie

Bras for everyone! Be careful what you wish for
  13. LIKE A BOSS!

I second this NC are the easiest to see. I feel bad when I kill NC snipers with there glow in the dark armor 200m away.
  14. Lividicus!

Does anyone else find it humorous that the only people saying that "all factions are difficult to see at night" are VS players?? I'm having a great laugh here!!!

Seriously, I have to continuously tap the "Q" button like I'm having a seizure just to get a dorrito above the little rodents to be able to shoot them! Even the Max units, which in my opinion need to be resized to be equivalent to the NC and TR max (that's another topic, my bad) I can't see unless I turn my brightness up to the point of annoying screen glare or again, have to beat my "Q" button like it owes me money just to get a dorrito to shoot at...

SOE, Please, PLEASE do something about the camo... It surely couldn't be that difficult to swap some colors around... Then again, I suppose SOE let the ZOE be ridiculously OP for half a year before semi-fixing it, why fix camo..... No joke, my squad and I, (we're RL buddies that work together and game together) quit playing entirely for 6 months or longer while they waited for enough players to quit playing before they decided to fix ZOE... I'll never forget the 60% VS, 20% TR and NC World population battles that went on day after day...

If the NC or TR were this difficult to see at night, I'd request they be fixed... Why VS players want to defend or justify their camo is beyond my logic...
    • Up x 3
  15. Ken Photon

Honestly, when people say that the VS are hard to see at night, I really can't relate. At all. I'm not going to say that we light up like giant fireflies or anything, but we're not that hard to see. I'm my opinion, the NC are more difficult to spot at night, since they're blue and all. Even when I play with my TR character, I have no problem finding the VS at night. I really don't see what you guys that are complaining are seeing. Maybe you guys should play around with your settings.
  16. Foxirus

Camo Coverage is fine. It would be different if you could not change your camo colors, But since you can this entire argument is invalid. I know of camo the TR have where its just literally solid black with tiny dark red stripes going through it, THAT is hard to see.

As for the Orion, It has a 50 shot battery. Its fine because it does not have the ammo count a heavy should normally have. This thing needs to shine SOMEWHERE. You should be happy it doesn't have a 75 or 100 battery.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bape

This is true why does VS has better camo coverage then TR/NC it been bothering me for many months. Tray either need to make it equal to TR/NC or buff TR/NC camo coverage.
    • Up x 2
  18. Gambitual

Come on guys, there really is no point to this.
  19. Jalek

Infiltrators are harder to see for me now, except through a turret sight, which seems odd. I used to be able to see the shimmer when they moved easily, and if it were motion blur that would explain it.
  20. Gammit

Nonsense. Look, I'll put all the factions' stand-out camouflage colors here and there is NO way you can claim the purple is more difficult to see with a black background.

Terran Republic

New Conglomerate

Vanu Sovereignty

;)
    • Up x 6