Quick Optimization update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Sep 26, 2013.

1. TheStink

I'd like to give a big shout out to the PS2 development team, and a big thank you guys for putting in those long hours that eats into your personal lives. Despite the issues I've enjoyed PS2 since its launch, it's the only game in the MMO genre I'll play these days. I look forward to jumping back into the action after taking some time off PS2 as you guys work on the client. Keep up the good work dev team! You rebuilt it and I'll be back!
    • Up x 3
  2. Trapline

I don't really post on the forums, but I felt it necessary to hop in and comment on this and say that I'm glad you guys put the brakes on and focused on optimization and getting the game running well for multiple systems. While I'd love to be fighting on Hossin and see more variety and content in the game as it is now, the call to lock things down and improve performance was the right move.

Keep at it, the game has a good long future ahead of it, and a slowdown on content to improve the experience now will only pay off in the long run. Good Work Ps2 team.
    • Up x 2
  3. duffmangu

its amazing how some people that play this game have no understanding of how difficult it is to make changes to something of this scale.....the dev teams are doing their best to get the optimizations completed as best and as quickly as they can

and to all the people that compare this game to games like BF4 and COD....just stop making yourself look stupid because there is absolutely no comparison....BF4 and COD gameplay exists in a finite area with a finite number of players that doesnt even come close to the scale of PS2...that is why when you play those games on your console and on your PC you have such a stable environment...there are far less variables that come in to play and far less items that need to be updated pretty much instantaneously to play the game smoothly...if all you are going to do is cry and moan about how this game isnt like BF4 then dont bother playing PS2 because it is the nothing like it

PS2 offers the gaming world something that is unique and completely game changing in the world of FPS's....i use to be a console gamer and played nothing else...and once i built myself a decent gaming rig and get involved in the beta for this game, i have never looked back

To the Dev team:
    Keep up the awesome work, i give you guys a lot of credit for what you are doing with this game and the fact that you guys are involved with the community as much as you are is an awesome feeling... no matter what happens to this game you guys definitely gained my support in your future efforts simply because of the fact that you guys are trying to change the FPS world in itself

DuffmanGU

PC Specs
    Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Quad Core
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb SDRAM DDR3 1600
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155
    Corsair HX series HX750 modular power supply
    Zalman CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
    Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 120 GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Hard Drive
    • Up x 1
  4. Snoozzzer

Amen duffman and all those sending kudos for the current optimization push.

Truly, kudos to SOE. Yes, the goal to make money, yep, you're a division of big, bad Sony (Well, less big and bad. There are quite a few other money grubbing, bull crap producing tech companies. Like EA ), you nerf vehicles and don't support mechanics that require cooperation and logistics, you charge a lot for truly optional content, and yet the rebellious, anti-establishment, pro indie and open source supporter in me says you guys are awesome and worth sticking up for outside of a forum (which I've done - nerdy friends are <3 )

It's really awesome how you guys take time out to make videos of the dev teams, to host Friday Night Ops, to show your faces and appear as actual, physical humans on the various forums and twitter - and without suits!, to have that SOE live event, and at the end of the day, doing all this in a game that can be played without paying a cent. --I've spent a couple hundred on this game so far (Thankfully I'm not keeping exact count), much moreso than old skyrim and -possibly- pirated COD titles

Apparently local micro brews cannot be shipped via UPS, else myself and a few others would be offering. Thank you guys and gals at the keyboards again, you're all truly fantastic!
    • Up x 2
  5. Spaw 13

October 9th...
  6. Bickdouglas

According to Higby's twitter, it was delayed. Doesn't really surprise me.
    • Up x 1
  7. noobindo

Bla bla bla
    Game development consists of several stages:
    Beta test
    Open beta test
    Release
    During beta stage developers find and fix bugs.Sowhen game realesed it stable and bugs free.
    But PS2 beta test was completed a year ago. And they fix exit crash bug only last week. What they do all this time? Nothing noticable.
    If map looks large it does not mean that there are many variables. Maps in ArmA2 even larger. But compare system requirements.
    If the developer cant provide smooth gameplay, thats means game not ready yet. But PS2 was released.
    SOE copied almost ewerithimg from BF. Minimap, redeploy timer, xp gain system, hotkeys. So why should not we compare it with the BF? Because you say?
    PS2 more like a BF3, than PS1.
    Unique? Neverending BF3 on huge map? What unique did you find in another first person shooter?
    Did you play PS1? Of course not. First planetside was really unique. There was a unique gameplay.
    All we have now is massive BF3-like shooter with unique lags.

No seriously. It could be unique. We have a huge map and a lot of areas. They can be captured in different sequences, surround, go to the rear. But who cares if the main source of experience comes with kills?
    Who wants to stand 6 minutes on a point that would expand the territory of the empire? Nobody. Everyone wants to sit in a zerg hopes to kill more frags and get more certs.
    Very unique gameplay...

October 9
    Where is my patch?
  8. daniel696

October 9. And where is the patch?

Seriously, you guys have no word.
  9. Kev Kuro

I hope that after this optimization I'll be able to play again with my ****** laptop...! It worked really well before....

TOSHIBA SATELLITE L755
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    • Up x 1
  10. Kev Kuro

Play in a squad. Embody the role of a soldier and take on your role! That's what I do and I really enjoy it even of I don't kill enemies that much... I gain a lot of certs by both killing and sitting on a point to capture (and if you really played the game, you should know that the place you're sitting to cap a base or any point is actually a good place to kill...).

The game is not perfect but is awesome and unique. Really. And for the patch, just be patient...

I just hope that the optimization will help me to play again =)
  11. TheFullCologne

they never said they would release it on the 9th either.
    • Up x 2
  12. Raraldor

read literally two sentences further and it's said that these dates are tentative at best. A single day is hardly a call to arms.
    • Up x 1
  13. RoyAwesome

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/..._optimisation_update_in_pts/cco4656?context=1
    Posted yesterday by higby
    • Up x 2
  14. libbmaster

15. Being@RT

If only he had posted here on the forums also, people wouldn't have been complaining..
  16. nukularZ

Please don't rush the devs here. The optimization patch is probably going to be the most important update this game has ever seen. In that case, it shouldn't be rushed out, and if needs an extra week or two, or even the rest of this month, fine.
    • Up x 1
  17. Arsinek

Let me know when "operation make the game fun happens"
  18. Stick Pin

19. noobindo

I have a feeling that SOE troll us.
    [IMG]
  20. Acceleratio

Again... it would have been amazing if you guys post your info about postboning here... on the actuall official forums. And not on twitter!
    • Up x 2