Quick Optimization update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Takoita

What is this about public stress test I hear? I'd be very interested to participate in that if it is gonna be organised like the mass Harasser test we had way back. I'm a bit anxious about it seeing how the last stress test ended up, but I hope it is gonna be smoother than that.
    • Up x 1
  2. [HH]Mered4

What's with all the trolls who be like, STOP OPTIMIZING MY GAME WORKS FINE FIX BUGS+META?

Do you not want a playerbase to play against?

My FPS is in the tank right now. Whilst flying, I get 60 FPS looking at the sky, and 10 looking at the ground. As you can imagine, that just sucks in a dogfight. Almost unplayable......but I get sum kills. I am not competition to a big rig though.

SO YES
    Give us Faster Game. PLEASE.

And Higby, Twitter doesn't count. Start showing up in threads so we can get to know you guys. You appear to be a strange, exotic dodo bird with strange influence on the world of PS2.....and a ton of hair.

Get to know us too. We can be positive and funny sometimes :O
    • Up x 2
  3. noobindo

Wow
    So if I'm lucky enough, I'll get 13fps instead of 10?:eek:
  4. Van Dax

Higby (and others) probably use twitter as much as they do because
    A) if your whole thing can be summed up in 140 characters is it really necessary to go through the work of getting it forum post approved? (we learned this was necessary when luperza had to wait to to post that optimization thing)

B) they are most likely required to use social media to an extent, social media technicians and stuff is a big deal in businesses like SOE

C) its convenient.
  5. Van Dax

they got a 30% increase on their dual core test, 60% increase on whatever their other test machine was, higby's just playing it safe.
  6. MichaelS

Woooh 16 fps. I don't know his machine and I don't think it is anything that was made in the last 3 years, because been my old amd apu processor was getting not lower them 15 fps in biotech fights.
  7. Van Dax

well I'm happy you run the game that well on a potato.
  8. MichaelS

Just want to point out that ppl with older rigs should not expect any wonders from the game engine. If your cores are fully loaded ATM there is no way the game is going to be much better for you.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

At its worst, my rig will drop to 17fps in massive Amp Station and Tech Plant fights. A 30% increase will bring me up to 22...decent but barely playable and not competitive. My sig shows clock speeds and a benchmark with my CPU beating an I7 920 in single threaded performance and almost matching an FX 8150. Hopefully we can see slightly better gains...I need 30fps to really want to stick it out and keep playing this game long term.
  10. S7rudL

1.5v? ,.. how long do such processors last under maximum load for a long periods of time?

I always ran my I7 2600k on stock 3.4MHz and it worked fine, only now have I felt the need to enabled the turbo boost feature up to 3.8MHz and 3.5MHz when all cores are on full load because of Planetside 2.

I'm simply not comfortable with what other people do because I want it for long term usage, I would rather shell out more money for a new CPU and get a guarantee from the manufacturer that the product will run fine.

I get 25 FPS in max biolab fights, my epen** is bigger than yours from what I see. :p

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    HWiNFO
    Passmark
    CPU-Z
  11. libbmaster

I think that 30% is an lowball estimate by SoE so that they don't get our hopes too high.

Think about it: They aren't getting 30% as a final result, They are getting 30% as a first step!

Atm, I can get a barely playable 25-35 FPS out of my rig, with decent settings. I'm going to stay positive and hope that SoE has bigger stuff on the way.
  12. Hicksimus

So long as you adhere to proper temperature and voltage guidelines it's unlikely that you'll ever encounter an issue. It is true that not all processors of the exact same type are created equal (See the term Binning) but we're talking about a case of very bad luck if your processor fails at any point from mild overclocking. It does shorten the life span and I'm not arguing against that but we're talking about the processor still outliving the motherboard and even outliving being able to get a decent used replacement board.
  13. Roamcel

It would be enough to give the players
    A ******* OPTION TO DISABLE THAT PIECE OF **** ANTI ALIAS YOU'VE ENFORCED FOR WHO KNOWS WHAT ******** REASON

DISABLE
    THE
    ANTIALIAS
    =
    O:MFG WIN
  14. Chipay

If you're GPU limited in this game i think it's your PC that needs some optimizing
    • Up x 1
  15. Chubrokoli

I hope there's is also a 64bit client coming :)
  16. Curon

You can disable Anti Aliasing in your graphics card driver software :)
  17. Badname2490

Too little too late lol game is already dead in the water. This is just a band aid for cancer.
  18. SilentSueRia

This sounds great.

But...

Will it Address the "No Out Going Damage Bug" I been running into?

After a few minutes of gameplay it seems to always happen.

Here is a list of things that loose functionality when the damage bug hits.
    Damage Output failure for:
    - All Guns and Rocket Launchers
    - Damaging Grenades
    - Mines
    - Radar Darts loose the ability to create a radar node
    - Vehicle Weapons fail to do damage
    - Turrets fail to cause damage

I end up forced to pure utility till it randomly fixes for who knows why or until I get back to warpgate and switch continents.
  19. SilentSueRia

An Error Correction to the no damage bug description, concerning mines.
    Mines laid before the damage bug sets in still work as they are already saved to the server. Mines laid after the damage bug sets in fail to work and cannot even be seen by other players.
  20. Curon

I think you forgot to read about the future plans of the game since you think the game is dead in the water.
    If it's dead to you, its another matter. But the game is not and will not be dead for many years to come.