Quick Optimization update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Camycamera

SWEET BABY JESUS :eek:
  2. Notih8Darian

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. Van Dax

[IMG]
    SOE and I*
    • Up x 1
  4. treeHamster

I know right! Everyone else is talking about the optimization and all I can think is, "HIGBY USED THE FORUM!"
    • Up x 4
  5. BoomBoom4You

Thanks, bro.
  6. MichaelS

But, but, there are new lumifibers today...
    So just another month just logon for the certs. And just 34 days until I can cancel my subscription (hurray).
  7. Tibodeau

Read TLDR if you don't want to read a rant!

Omg, so another month until we see the first patch of anything you're working on to even possibly going live. And I thought Blizzard was slow at stuff.

Fix the really broken stuff and stop concentrating on PS4 stuff long enough to at least introduce Hossin to us. Getting god awful boring, since WDS doesn't mean crap to the everyday guy/gal logging in. I for one will be logging in to collect certs and play on ops nights, other than that there is nothing else to this game at the moment that hasn't been done a million times already.

Better optimization might help retain a few more people but I can guarantee from all my friends that quit it wasn't just because they could only play at 15-20 fps. SOE please get over yourselves and stop slapping your paying customers around, ofc I mean the ones who can afford something that wasn't built 5+ years ago.

TLDR : We aren't just here waiting for optimization, we're waiting for the core gameplay and content issues to be resolved!!
    • Up x 2
  8. MurderBunneh

GJ I wonder if your test machines were seeing increases during big fights at big bases because thats where it needs work.

Sandy bridge I7 and i get 25 fps cpu capped during Amp/Tech plant fights. This is bad.
  9. LordMondando

You speak for yourself.

This has needed doing since November.
    • Up x 6
  10. Copasetic

The engine already uses multiple cores, part of the optimization changes is to use them more efficiently.
  11. MMACK

+1. Once it use at least 95% of 1 of my cores I'll be happy, till then: :mad:
  12. Goretzu

Optimisation is great.

But please can you also look at things like crashing when opening the map, crashing when redeploying, crashing when doing nothing?
  13. redmamba

Are we sure this is not a troll thread?
    • Up x 1
  14. aoyagiaichou

I know this is difficult to say, but is there a rough estimate about what will be the final performance increase after you're done with optimizing? Is it going to be better than what it was during beta / launch? Because, frankly, 'up to' 30% in 'some cases' doesn't sound that good considering my not-so-powerful laptop used to get 'at least' 40% more FPS in all cases few months ago compared to what I get today.

I'm really, really glad to see some progress though, I know optimizing is a massive pain.
  15. gimli217

He will just pop his shield before he hits the ground and be okay.
  16. RX530SS

I'm gonna have to step up my game! People will be able to fight back now! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  17. Shogun01

optimizing won´t help... bf4 will still run better and look better at the same time. and it will drain the players from ps2...

but that´s what you get when you cripple a great franchise to cater for a casual playerbase that is known for abondoning their games each year for the next game with better graphics and that doesn´t care about gameplay quality or long term motivation at all.

make this a real planetside game! nothing else will help.
    but it´s far too late now. so after fixing the performance, please stop the developement of ps2 all together and start work an planetside 3. and DON´T make it a stupid free to play and pay to win thing again.
    • Up x 1
  18. Flapatax

Too little, too late.
  19. Hatamoto

Promise you keep this patch on test until you are certain it boosts performance more than it degrades it ... Im not sure we can take another "reversed performance" patch. Be crystal clear before it goes live, seriously, for the sake of all of us (SOE and its players)
    • Up x 2
  20. ArmedGoose

I hope this is part of new optimized path finding algorithms.
    ...on the other hand... infinite monkey theorem anyone? :D