Public Test server is active!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 8, 2013.

1. UltraBusta

Getting error G99 to let you guys know.
  2. Clonecenter-resident

I did not see a number in higbys post. I just saw him say some. I will look for more notes.
  3. UrMom306

hmm just an idea for everyone...you might want to create a new soe account to use on the test server, It would be a shame if you used your main soe account and somehow there was some crazy bug that wiped characters or something and you lost all your progress :eek:
  4. Cleaver

5. Regpuppy

Same here, again.
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

That's because the server is down, as indicated by the red, downward-pointing arrow in the Status column.
    • Up x 1
  7. HellasVagabond

So the total size of PS2 is now 16GB or just 8GB like it was ?
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

Heh. I thought I would be clever and make a copy of my current install, then install the Test into that folder and let it modify whatever files it needed. Unfortunately, it just started downloading everything anyway (well, ~280 MB less than "everything"). Oh well...
  9. Delnoir

Laaaattiiiiiice.
  10. Neodym

11. Ripshaft

WOo! We shall perform great science tonight!
    • Up x 2
  12. netsky4life

How can europeans join?
  13. Zaik

for anyone who is still wondering, no acct wide unlocks do not apply to the test server.

i didn't even get my alpha squad stuff there.
  14. Regpuppy

No duh, I was just letting the devs know that the server was not open.
  15. Benton!

Holy crap, everyone is using the new pump action shotguns. It's a one hit kill feast. Everyone says its a straight upgrade to the old pumps. CQB is really just who can get the one hit kill faster, no skill left. Sigh.
  16. TintaBux

Vehicles are getting weaker, the new system also means its harder for vehicles to hit bases , meaning the game is going even more into infantry based, it's only going to get worse.

So like it or not PS2 is going to keep heading down the path of more of an infantry based shooter with vehicles slowly being dropped as the weaker force as more updates come in (To get more COD type players in the game, for marketing/sales reasoning)
  17. Colt556

These changes are required. The vehicle players who care about balance more than their KDR will universally agree.

That being said, vehicles still suck and SOE still fails miserably at combined arms balance. But don't blame it on these changes, as better base designs are absolutely required.
  18. TintaBux

I agree the changes are needed for the meta game etc, however this specific change just puts more killer blows into combine arms and is putting PS2 into more infantry dominated game again.
  19. Colt556

That's because SOE can't balance for ****. But they're slowly copying PS1 because reinventing the wheel only ever comes up with one result, you go back to using the wheel. They're implementing proper bases, eventually they'll just have to implement the durable, team-focused vehicles of PS1 to complement those bases.
  20. Galium

Man, your internet is almost as bad as mine.
    [IMG]
    And this is a pretty good day for my internet. It was not being used for any heavy lifting (i.e. downloading, watching youtube, etc.) the time of this test.

Still better than satellite, though.

On topic, good job on the test server, but I probably won't be using it because of the obvious. Other people in my house kinda like using the internet too.