Public Test server is active!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Mastachief

2. UrMom306

In theory I could see that happening but since you can't use station cash and they will be doing character wipes often you'll lose a lot of progress. I plan to hop on and play for a bit to try it all out and provide my feedback, then head back to the good fight on Waterson.
  3. Cleaver

Currently not, I'll leave it and let it download overnight and through tomorrow.
  4. HadesR

Hopefully you are right ... Just had bad experience in the past wth 24/7 test server's .. Being the go to place where people just dick about
  5. KaMiKaZePiG

For better results, I'd only have the test server up for short bursts of time. Then it will get announced on Reddit and there will be a big turnout.
  6. Regpuppy

It's the easiest way to avoid issues and allow the test client to easily patch itself independently of the other one. Rememeber, you're volunteering to be a tester so you have to accept what comes with it.

I feel for you, because your net is running on a long strand of yarn. But it isn't that big of a deal once you get past the initial download for most people. At least not for 83% of Great Britain :p
  7. Torok

Good Job!
  8. UrMom306

Yeah i'm sure there will be those that spend more time on it than the real servers, but it's also just one server...so if you pull people from every server that test server is going to fill up quickly. I doubt we'll see any major impact from the regular servers.
  9. RomulusX

Let's test the recert item first!
    • Up x 1
  10. Cleaver

I mean the initial download. I think it'd be much more effective to have the setup copy across the files from your original client, then apply updates as necessary thereon in.
  11. Regpuppy

Downloaded and everything

GAME ERROR G99
  12. Badgered

I am excited!
  13. Nathaniak

Goodbye, Crown...
  14. Bloodmyth

Listening to your customer base.........whatever next?? ;)
  15. madman278

First bug found! Test Server in action! I hope they use the test server to experiment with exotic ideas like group cloaking and mobile infantry jumpad for sundy idea i suggested.
    • Up x 1
  16. Regpuppy

[IMG]

Stuck! Even still, I'm all
    [IMG]
  17. Visk

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. Dovahkiin

19. Clonecenter-resident

Quick question, if we cannot spend SC on test server (good idea btw) Will our account wide unlocks still work there?

ie. I have bursters on live, will I have bursters on test or will I need to spend from the limited pool of "some certs to get you started and help us test" in order to get bursters?

SoE used to have two test servers for SWG. One was a more permanent one which people made their home server, the other was only up sporadically and was a lot like you make this one sound. On that second one they had a terminal (we called them blue frogs) that you could use to get free resources, materials, respec your character, jump to max level, etc. Are you doing or planning on doing something like that here?

It's going to be hard to test anything if we are all grinding away to unlock 1000 cert weapons, especially the newest stuff.

Thinking about it, just making everyone BR 100 would completely solve cost issues.
  20. Regpuppy

Read the notes! There's something in there about characters starting with 10,000 certs. That's plenty for testing any new feature or getting your character started.
    • Up x 1