Public Test server is active!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 8, 2013.

1. KariH

Yesterday it crashed constantly. Today - Well - met no crash at all. What I need? More players to test!
  2. Cougarbrit

That's pretty much my internet at home. It has been a painful few years using the internet here.

Coming back after having a few months of 6MB/s download at uni, and I feel handicapped.
  3. Greenmint

6mb> what uni do you go to?!

I can get about 1.5mb/s and that about it...
  4. KariH

Crashed today a few times again. No obvoius reason. Othervise working very well considering that I live in Finland and server is locate US east coast. Lag is aproximately same level as EU servers has.
  5. Andy79

Maybe the PTR would be more popular if there was some reward for playing there, maybe a unique camo if you have spent X amount of time there (or conquered / defended a certain number of bases, whatever counts as real activity).
  6. Cougarbrit

Leicester, though I paid for an upgraded service.

The free service is '50MB/s', though closer to 2MB/s

£50 upgrade that I'm on is '80MB/s', so I'm missing out on 74MB/s somewhere.

Though that'll be changing next year as I move out of the uni accomodation and into a house with my mates, dunno what sort of internet I'll get then, but I'm guessing it'll still be better than what I get at home at least.
  7. anaverageguy

So.... I noted that [loud] sound effects were added to the light assault jetpacks.

I don't mind the fact that you guys added sound... just... could you guys get better SFX for it? Its rather inconsistent. It took me a while to figure out that the noise was even related to my use of the jetpack.
  8. queue

I downloaded and installed and was ready to give it a try when I realized that if I am going to willingly play, I want to play on the live server. I decided that the ultimate test would be to wait until I rage quit over something annoying and then join the test server. If I enjoy it and stick around, +1 for sony, if I quickly leave, they didn't fix enough.
  9. Dramma Lamma

When there was an announcement about the event in game the other night I wanted to play, but realistically the patching would not be ready.

Patching now.
  10. KariH

Canot make any real fight because of crashes. Also teamates seems to have same problem. I canot even equip suit upgrade to HA without crash. Not even in warpgate. Is there somekind of problem in transition between real world and menu? Majority of crashes hapens when screen changes its layout. Menu , dying etc.

Suprisingly there are no serious lag between Finland and US eastcoast. So major fight works.

Coolest thing is 10 000 cert points.
  11. KariH

Canot log on at all. Character creation impossible. Somebody has same problems? Hopely this is not penalty for litle "odd" outfit name because some outfit leaders choose change outfit name ......

Is there any good fights? Last test started good when terran faction make good opposition but my faction just vanished when it meet some good opposition.
  12. KariH

Hello? Anyone has ANY intrest about test server?

Canot log. Test Characters are deleted. Canot make new one.
    • Up x 1
  13. elkikko92

I've never had a problem. I create a new character, is perfect... but we need mooooore players!
  14. kurato

Am I the only one having issue with the test server?
    it went from normal -> crash a lot after first update -> crash after choosing the character in the update after and now, it crash at 98% before the character selection screen. At this rate, the test server will crash for me before the "play" plash screen even appear.
  15. KariH

Patch fix and then all worked again. All old Characters are now online. Thanks SOE
  16. elkikko92

with the last patch (70 mb) I had the first crash (european)
  17. mlane16

Hope to see you guys on the public test server it is awesome. I also hope SOE does more offical times for focused testing since it usualy brings people out. :)
  18. LynxFury

One team is suppressing the spawn room by detecting, surrounding, watching and pounding it to the degree that people inside are reluctant to leave.

That's not a bad thing that needs fix'in, it's a good thing rewarding one team for better teamwork than the other.
  19. MrK281

Andy79 (in post 105) has a very good idea:

"Maybe the PTR would be more popular if there was some reward for playing there, maybe a unique camo if you have spent X amount of time there (or conquered / defended a certain number of bases, whatever counts as real activity)."

I play the Test Server a lot when I don't have the time to play for hours, or when I just want a quite game. But it would be nice to have a few more players on Test. That way I could start a Platoon, and have some Friends on Test. With a Platoon, you can do several things as a Leader, that you can't do as an individual. If we could have a prime-time population of 50 to 100 players at the same time, we could work on how to find problems, or actually Testing with enough players to give a lot better statistics for the nice people developing my favorite game.

The Development Team could put notices in-game telling us what they would like us to look at, or test for them.

Some awards for the Game Servers would make the Test Server more popular;

A cool arm patch with TESTER on it to wear in-game, could get attention for Test.

The ability for Squad, or Platoon Leaders to throw a Spawn Beacon into a hard to reach place, or one that anybody in your faction could use, not just your Squad-mates.

Maybe give a Test Player 1000 points for every 1000 points they earn on Test for their use on the Game Servers.

I play as Platoon Lead a lot, and it would be handy to be able to send a Friend, or somebody that just Killed me, a note with a link to the Test Server so they could play it too. If I see some one that is a good player, I may want to invite them to play with, or against me, on the Test Server. Send them an email, with my Test Server names in it, so they could find me.

Maybe an automatic invite to anybody over level 30, or something like that. The invitation could be sent to them in an email through their account.

It would be great if I could get a weapon, tool, or upgrade I used on Test on the Game Servers, after using it a lot.

Of course, having a lot more players on Test would end my ability to have a nice quiet game, but maybe it would be even better.

Go Vanu!!!

Mr. K
  20. Shreddi

Whoa, like the other post sez. Wud be nice if we cud copy dirs and point the new install to modify that copy location. No big. They will get enough players with fios, cable, dsl. I have to move haha.