PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Norington

PU01, excellent...

Next step: give us a metagame! Honestly, the basics of this game are so awesome, but now we need more goals to achive in the game. For me the game is only fun during Alerts now, then the game really comes alive. Otherwise it's just useless base-capping and xp-farming.

With PU01 you're going in a direction of first fixing the current game experience, before focussing on the addition new content. That is the right way to go imo, keep it up! So, first metagame, then Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  2. BL4CKW0LF22

We'll see how this plays out but I'm already not in favor of this.

"How can we extend fights? Oh, take away Drop-Pods via Squad Deploy! Yes, now you're only way to Drop-Pod is to use a Squad Beacon on an extremely long *** cool down if you're not fully certed into it! Mwuahaha! My evil plan is working!" -SOE :oops: FTW GG!
  3. Diplocaulus

4. Tecbunny

Does anyone know if this has the harasser changes in it?
  5. Kaotyke

6. Grughbar

How long until the servers unlock?
  7. Gamba

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Nintyuk

Err Their still their but their now more focused on existing spawnpoints instead of just center of whatever region the squad leader happens to be in. You will stll arrive by drop pod just not right in the middle of the base, you will arive over any exsiting beacon or a freindly sundy or a freindly spawnroom.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nintyuk

• Up x 1
  10. Gammit

This
  11. Zombekas

With the drop pod changes, what can infantry do anymore against zergs? :s
  12. Sin Of Satan

Squad deploy will no longer drop pod players into the center of a bases. It will instead spawn the player at the closest hard spawn point to the squad leader, which includes facility spawn points, deployed Sunderers, and squad spawn beacons

man - changing the game,,,

[IMG]
  13. Mastermind

this
  14. cobaltlightning

Along with below, yes, That ^

What bugs me is the removal of how many guys are in an enemy vehicle. Helped save ammo against an empty galaxy multiple times. Oh well...
  15. WaterDog

I'm glad for the possibility of having so many problems fixed. But I must ask, does the update really need to be 1.7GB? I know what goes into a game like PS2. After compilation, the codebase is measured in MB, not GB. The size comes from all the graphics. So why is this update so large if it's just bug fixes? Did those bug fixes require you updating half the graphics? The point I'm making is I just hope the PS2 team considers update sizes. My at-home connection is horrible. It's fast enough that I get good gameplay with PS2, but it will take me 2 full days to download this update, and it will render my internet connection completely unusable during that time. It would be nice if the patch were made available for separate download so I could grab it from another location where I don't have PS2 installed.
  16. Maxo996

Yes! Good news from PS2 team today, can't wait to finally see if the game is in a better playable state for me :O
  17. SashsaACIII

[IMG]

[IMG]
    ВСЕ ГУД *теперь работает ;) .
  18. Nintyuk

It's mainly because its physically replacing a big chunk of files with new versions, and yes a big chunk of the textures were optimized plus your having to re-download indar in it's entirety.
    • Up x 1
  19. Greddy

SOE....

WHERE IS MY FLARE FIX!

Remove all lock ons until the flares are fixed!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  20. blampoet

lots of certs refunded from nanoweave...
    i guess you'll know where to stick them ;)
    • Up x 1