PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. MajiinBuu

I hope this is an optimization update.
    I dream of the day I will have over 20 frames per second...
  2. Chipay

servers aren't online yet dummy
  3. Schwak

• Up x 3
  4. Thundinator

Good Job with the updates !

Please SOE for next patch could you fix the scour radar not giving exp ? I don't know why it doesn't give motion xp , as infiltrators dards... should work the same way !

And for solving also some problems on alerts with people switching faction...or using double accounts for getting info... you shouldn't be able to have different faction characterts on same server or at least not be able to change faction during alert... Really logic you shouldn't be able to do that...on planetside 1 you couldn't do it... Please fix it and make game better for all :D

Thx :)
  5. Game

Will this allow a broader selection of GPU's to be able to play the game?
    My videocard should technically be able to run this game decent at medium, but it is just outside the supported GPUs and that sucks big time.

I got a downgrade from, 4870x2 to 3870x2.
    Minimum requirement is a single 4850, which is slightly newer (only by a few months) but worse in every aspect.
    [source: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...&compare=radeon-hd-3870-x2-vs-radeon-hd-4850]

I tried to mention this to SOE, but I get an automated response every time..
  6. Torok

Finally.. Finally those sweet drop pod / squad deploy changes :Q_

Super haaaaaaappyyy
  7. Being@RT

First patchnotes where I couldn't see obvious issues on first read through, well done!

On second read through I found
    • Enemy vehicles will no longer show an occupancy count

Which I'll have to adapt to. Makes quite a bit of difference knowing when a liberator has a gunner on it or not, or when galaxies are empty or full. Not sure if this is a good or a bad change overall, at least it does open up the trick of decoy transports (true transports, not harasser!).

Also, does
    • Fixed cases where the player’s corpse wasn’t removed from the world after declining a revive
    mean that I now _have_ to accept the first revive, even if it's from a level 1 medic tool?
    • Up x 6
  8. ZeroErrorz

so where is GU15, at least make it like optimization-GU-opti-GU cycle pls I WANT HOSSIN
  9. WyrdHarper

AI turrets no longer shoot themselves? Get outta town!

<3
    • Up x 1
  10. Frostical

Yeah that's a good one! Every incoming galaxy is a threat now, awesome :D
  11. D3amonEngineer

Update has been release to download now, Yeah 1.7GB
  12. PresidentFreeman

Worth. The. Wait.

(The rest is awesome too.)
    • Up x 2
  13. Santondouah

Really great work guys, thank you ! Can't wait to try this tonight !
    • Up x 1
  14. Karrs

[IMG]

And yes, I know that I posted the same pic in the announcement thread... but that one deserved its own cheering crowd.
    • Up x 5
  15. Zotamedu

Wonderful. I played a bit on test and I could finally turn shadows back on. It does a lot for the feel of the game and it's kind of awesome to see the shadows of aircraft fly past you on the ground. Like one time where I saw the shadow of a lurking Scythe outside a Tech Plant. Even with shadows, I still got a more consistent 60 fps than I do on live server.

The major downside with the update is that I'll have to spend a couple of hours tweaking my graphics settings again.
    • Up x 2
  16. MaCritz

They're finally doing it right!!

We will all be dancing!!

We'll be feeling all right!!

I'll be playing all NIGHT!!
    • Up x 1
  17. flyingcupcake

Uh oh
    This doesn't bode well
    • Up x 1
  18. MaCritz

[IMG]
  19. MaCritz

THIS IS IT!! What you talking about??

Get ready to have your mind blown away!

(no guarantees though..)
    • Up x 1
  20. Ziyang

The Crown linked w/ Crossroads is welcome back with open arms :) It puts back one of the best spots on the map for hill battles and an area for great 3 way battles. Considering the previous changes, it won't be bogged down the way it used, but the previous changed created a deadspace in the area between Crown/Crossroads that neglected a tactically challenging (and FUN) location.
    • Up x 2