PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. blampoet

so lemme get this straight...
    that's the end of drop-podding on enemy sundies?

(no more proxi screams of "ODST @ toon mark" ?!?!??!... i'll miss that)
  2. Nintyuk

If you get the beacon close enough to the sundy then you can still pod it, but you need that destroyable spawn beacon close to do so.

It's still a tactic but a more counterable one now.
    • Up x 1
  3. Grughbar

Servers when do you come online????
  4. SashsaACIII

nou OFF Servera.
  5. Mastermind

Better be soon!
  6. Tommyp2006

No more double loading screens?

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY! Best patch EVER.
    • Up x 1
  7. SashsaACIII

time 20:00 MSK PM
    run Servera
  8. Phukkitt

9. Zombekas

Or alternatively, if you get close enough to the sundy, you can just blow it up... It's no longer a tactic :(
  10. Fearsum Endjinn

Can we get some sort of change to antitank mines to make them less obvious? After the previous nerf they pretty much stopped being useful in their intended purpose so were used as a cheaper alternative to drop on stationary vehicles instead of c4. With the drop pod changes and squad drop changes that will be less useful as well.

Do not misunderstand me, I quite like these changes but would like to see tank mines having a true purpose like they used to, rather than only being useable against the most blind and unaware of drivers, rather than just free points for enemy guns.

Patch looks good guys, well done!
    • Up x 1
  11. SleepingMonk

I like not being able to see enemy vehicle load count; it's more in line with reality.
    Decoy vehicles may actually work now. :)

Also, while spawning on a squad leader wherever they were had pros and cons:
    Pros
    - Fly in with any vehicle and have full squad deploy on you (Steel Rain as some called it)
    - Keeping cycling all squad members as squad leader to keep dropping on a location
    Cons
    - You could end up in the middle of nowhere if the squad leader was flying to a location, but not there yet

The change seems to make the feature more of an easier way to find the closest spawn point if you where redeploying.
    So I don't think it needs a cool down period anymore.
    BUT: I do think it should be focused on the squad waypoint instead of the squad leader as he isn't always where you want to deploy.

Also, I think ally drop pods should not inflict any damage to allies.

Cheers.
  12. Pikachu

Holy cr*p it's really happening. :eek: I thought this were going to take until christmas. Surprised to see many technical details included. I bet anyone with interest in programming finds that interesting.
    • Up x 3
  13. Mastermind

put servers up plz k thnx
  14. TimeRabbit

WOW huge nerf to Harasser
    • Enemy vehicles will no longer show an occupancy count
    Any good harasser driver changes play style if an MBT is 2/2. Taking away that ability making the harasser less aggressive or more vulnerable
  15. ST4LK3R

:eek:
  16. blampoet

the thing is...
    i'm not sure it's a bad change.

off the top of my head i've lost about as many sundi's to the enemy as i've killed this way...

on one hand the extra challenge when getting on top/near one of these jackpots of points is interesting...
    on the other hand what bugs me about it is- it used to be a group thing
    1)i.e. someone marks you the target
    2)squad leader gets close to it
    3)a few coop on destroying it
    this isnt an action a solo could perform...
    and group coop is what this game was all about.

and i dont think i've ever been annoyed when the other side was able to pull it off...

we'll see how this change fares, but i would like to keep it on the shortlist of "hmmm... things we're not sure we should have changed"
  17. LUCAGRABACR

This is awesome! Thanks :D I hope I see lots of performance improvement. Downloading the update right now.
  18. cobaltlightning

And now it's a waiting game for the servers to unlock...

According to postage stuff, it's half an hour late...
  19. SoyuzGRU

When will the servers be back up? D: I thought it was supposed to take 3 hours
  20. Norington

Well, I have been annoyed a lot about it. Spawning a sundy that is vital for a squads/platoons/zergs attack, with upon deploying instantly a lot of players spawning and defending it. But in no-time a drop pod with a kamikaze flying lightassault blows it up. Nothing you can do. While as a heavy with specialized AT weapons, or even a MBT, its much harder to kill a well defended sundy. I appreciate the ingenuity of players, but the effect was a bit OP if you ask me.
    • Up x 2