[PSA] Implants will NOT be released with GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheJosephChrist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. VSDerp

not a fanboy.you don't know wtf you talking about. it's always gotta be a ungrateful player like you. how about this NAME ME ONE OTHER DEV TEAM THAT ACTUALLY LISTENS AND COMMUNICATES WITH IT'S PLAYERS?? i have alll day to hear your answer. we have it good compare to other games. other devs would gladly put those implants in just for money. stop acting like a ******. and if you wanna keep on going i can do that too.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ripshaft

THANK YOU JEBUS!!

Please no immunity/hard counter implants. Some of the ideas are good, stuff that just adds flavor or fun is great, but there's some serious problems with the immunity concept. Wish I had noticed this before I posted my massive thread on this issue =/

Well actually to be fair it was almost entirely written well before this post came out, so no big deal.
  3. EliteEskimo

Well well it looks like Higby is turning over a new leaf and communicating with the PS2 Official Forum Users! Awesome Higby :cool:

[IMG]
  4. PS2Freak

We all noticed, what they tryed to do. But, lets be just thankful that game we love is not destroyed and we were heard.

AnAeth - Connery on Reddit said what i secretly think -

"I feel the community is maybe not thinking with their heads completely on the way this situation has panned out.
    I applaud SoE for the effort of introducing implants with greater impact and more desirability, but continue to question the choices made for pricing and marketability.

It does not, or at least should not, take a community such as ours to decide that something is an obvious Pay-to-Win change. It shouldn't take a drastic reversal of public opinion to bring the outlook a company has on its content in line with what the players (free-to-play) and customers (purchasing minority) have.

Who is responsible for the original implementation and choice? Have they identified that their original plan was not sound? Have they identified that this sort of thinking and marketability isn't viable and will ultimately harm a franchise more than help it?

I don't want a witch-hunt. But I do want to feel that someone at SoE learned a lesson about this beyond "Well that was a mess but business as usual!" I would appreciate some kind of a learning curve in design and marketing that doesn't simply identify the fire is hot, but maybe it isn't going to burn me this time when I reach into it.

I can only hope that SoE can learn from this mistake. But I am hesitant to give someone the opportunity to disappoint me with their poor judgement again. Especially when my business is at stake."
    • Up x 1
  5. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]
  6. Chowley

he looks more like a malamute :p
    • Up x 1
  7. jihon83

This is good, relatively. Though I hope that when Migby speaks of implants being redesigned, it means that the community will have more of a say in a positive manner, rather than only being able to say, "no!" to a bad idea just a week away from its release. Luckily, it seems like there are already a lot of threads created that are wrestling with the implant topic.
  8. Torok

Thanks SOE, sorry if our feedbacks were a bit overdramatic but the truth was we got scared to death, temporary yet must have augmentations would have weight too heavy on almost everyone‘s gameplay

again thanks and Restecp!
    you‘re damn worthy our money :D

P.s. in my humble opinion the implants you worked on were amazingly good and an easy way to balance them would be for them to “reduce effectiveness“ rather than plain immunity, so for example concussion effects lasts and are 33% less effective and so on, or thermal sight doesn‘t spot you beyond 50 meters, something similar
  9. Kortan

Lol.
  10. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]
  11. Villanuk

A big thank you for listening and doing something so quick to keep the community happy. I certainly do not like the idea, more so its dumbing down the ability of the players skills, buts its taking into COD territory, which it appears many do not like, as CQC would be just like cod. Massive respect for doing something about it, unlike other gaming producers who care little for what their gamers like and dislike.

If and that's a IF, they are to appear ( I personally hope not ) then only certs and taking up a slot should be the option, but the "spotting of a player " is certainly a poor idea, it would kill the infiltrator and LA classes who rely on stealth.

A big thank you to all that made credible posts on the subject.
  12. Shadestorm

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!! :D
    It's great to see that our feedback effects updates!!

I wish that there was a survey on the test server that asks questions about new features. It would give you guys another form of feedback!
  13. Kunavi

You did what is right Higby. Thanks. Don't scare us like that again please, and let us know what Implants will be and exactly how they will work BEFORE going on and putting them in a GU.
  14. f0d

best decision you guys have ever made regarding the game
  15. Bhoot

Good decision, another happy poster here.
  16. Kaesarr

I Agree with my friend Torok: reduce effectiveness.

Then,

don't make them last hours, it is not fun. So make them last forever but dramatically reduce effectiveness till being only little options.

Making people immune to radars is OP, regeneration, same, immune to thermal completely stupid and so on.

The philosophy must be that low Br 1-10 can kill BR 100 that play 12 hours a day. Every modifications to the game that makes the gap wider IS NOT GOOD.

So concentrate on maps, gameplay, optimization, tactics and people will stay happy.

Do not focus on people that farm certs, they will leave the game anyway for some other mmorpg.

And as this is a F2P game, it is even more important that new free players can kill high level players.

As it is now the game lacks only some lattice and locks, but implants are not just the things we need.

Also people that play a lot, usually do for the fun of it and don't need implants.

Sorry for the long interventions, but I have a lot of fun with this game and I care if something could ruin it.

In all these years this is the first online game that is worthy of a membership.

See ya!
    • Up x 1
  17. f0d

not at all
    i have close to 7k "spare" certs - i pay for membership AND i buy stuff with SC and i still think they are OP
    even if they were free they are op

its not paying for them that i have a problem with its the overpowered nature of them - the examples given in the roadmap (things like reduced fall damage etc etc) while powerful were not as OP as completely negating flash and concussion grenades and autospotting anything that you hit or hits you
    • Up x 1
  18. Haruk

Introversion.
  19. Vaphell

lol. If it doesn't affect their bottom line they still don't care what you want to say. All they did is to notice that people are very likely to unanimously vote with their dollars and they stopped from shooting themselves in the foot. They listened to their self preservation instincts not to their players.

What does it say about the company when they are so close to implement clearcut p2w and have to be stopped in the very last moment? So they didn't commit financial suicide, good for them i guess.
    • Up x 2
  20. SikVvVidiT

/Thread

SOE stop trying SOOOO hard to not be like Planetside 1, only to eventually have to cave in and be like Planetside 1.
    • Up x 4