[PSA] Implants will NOT be released with GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheJosephChrist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

Thank you for listening
    • Up x 1
  2. Lazaruz

After seeing this thread, I believe in miracles and magic again! Time to start setting traps for the Leprechauns in my backyard...

Anyways, thank you for listening to your community. Additions like this that affect core gameplay need to be well thought out, so the time it takes to do so, is pretty much irrelevant from a player standpoint. Hope you don't see this as a setback, rather than a challenge/opportunity. Have fun!
  3. sindz

Good decision, good news.
  4. DeadliestMoon

Lol. Now you do, wait til something you like gets nerfed, you'll be singing a different tune.
  5. NikkoJT

CCP.
    Bungie.
    Valve.
  6. DeadliestMoon

I think porting things over from PS1 was the problem so........... no.
  7. DeadliestMoon

How about instead of having implants in the game at all, they just add a secondary suit slot and put things like adrenaline pump, advance shield capacitor, and grenade bandolier in there. Along with adding other stuff of course.
  8. Goretzu

There's nothing wrong with paying SC for implants (SOE has to make money).

But that's if there is a permenant option people can save Certs or use SC to buy.

This rentable option with Certs or SC is just too P2W (or P2WBYMSL), and it cannot be good for the game long-term.

Boosts are fine in this "rentable" sense, but some of those implant abilites are just plain tasty and give too much of an advantage to those that simply pay to have them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vortok

The funny thing is I can imagine the cost started out with some people complaining they didn't have anything to spend certs on (since they didn't want to play other roles and thus don't cert things outside of the few classes/vehicles they play). I know I've seen a few people ask for cert consumables before. So implants were gonna be a way to still have a use for certs once you got the major stuff done and the SC option was kinda thrown on after. Still wouldn't have been great since you'd either **** yourself by not using them or suffer slower progression, but I wouldn't doubt that the whole thing started off with honest intentions.
  10. inorite

The implants in PS1 were balanced fine, with the exception of Audio Amp and Personal Shield being a bit OP. Most PS1 implants can be changed to fit into PS2 with little imagination. Make them 700sc or 1000 certs, empire locked (have to purchase same implants for different empires) permanent, 1 per loadout, and on use with a cooldown. (longer cooldowns depending upon the effect)

And as to porting things over from PS1, A LOT worked well for PS1, and it's silly to ignore it simply because you want to be different. It would be like wanting to make a baseball game, but having the players play with a football instead of the traditional baseball.
    • Up x 1
  11. DeadliestMoon

Hmm, the movie Baseketball comes to mind. Lol.
  12. inorite

Yeah, I thought about that too after I posted. lol
  13. Kaale

Never completely remove the vulnerability unless replaced with a different weakness Balanced Implants may be ok

Don't make them Purchase Items unless you wanted to be able to unlock them with SC at a base level.
    Make them a Cross Class Cert Item with 4 Levels 100,250,500,1000
    Give them a resource cost to equip them if possible ramp the resource according to level.
    so a level 1 Awareness implant is 20 resource but only give 50m Awareness but a level 4 costs 300 and gives 500m
    Level 1 Sensor Shield 20 resource 'hides' you for 2 in 10 seconds level 4 costs 300 and hides you 18 out of 20 seconds
    Battle Hardened reduced by % over levels
    Grenades reduced proximity effect by 1m per level.
    EOD HUD starts at 5m and adds 1 or 2m per level.

This way you may stay at a lower level implant to enable you to equip it more often or go higher but only use it in certain situations.
    The Resource would reduce permanently equipped level 4 implants.
    Either that or serious Balances. Battle hardened reduces movement speed and increases reload time. Awareness highlights both the enemy and you (until one of you is dead)
  14. Styxwash

Thank you for listening to the feedback and making the right choice. Was a little worried there...

Hey, wait.. that was to easy? Perhaps this is just a ruse to make us think they actually care! :eek:

Nah, just kidding, I guess reason just won out this time, thumbs up for that.
  15. DeadliestMoon

So say if you were choking on something, like a piece of food or whatever, and I saved your life. Would you give me money then?
  16. DeadliestMoon

Fixed it for ya. ;-)
  17. Goretzu

If they insist on making them tempoary they will have to be much, much, much less powerful.

But really permanent ones have the least drawbacks and least player agitation/dislike.

If they are after cert sinks there's other ways it can be done.

If they are after $$$'s then permenant ones will still make that.

If they are after game balance what they were doing just wasn't going to work, permenant ones will.
  18. Sghignifiss

Thank you for listening. This means a lot for many of us.
  19. MykeMichail

Impressed that you're actually withholding a feature from a game update based on community feedback.

Nice work.
  20. PWGuy93

I simply don't understand the need for implants.

From my perspective and old game analogy that a few will get, it's like adding Trials of Atlantis to a game that already worked creating imbalances that can never be reigned in. Once implants are released there's no going back, the equations will never balance.

My suggestion, leave well enough alone, find another way to let veterans spend their accumulated points.