[PSA] Implants will NOT be released with GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheJosephChrist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Hunter_Killers

We won't even know what they are considering changing. If it's not about making them permanent 1 time cert expenses I don't really care. I have zero interest in dealing with upkeep on my certs.
  2. Metalsheep

Then they aren't going to see a single penny out of me for them.
  3. Atromnis

Mother of god...
  4. Bhudda V1

see's psa from higby. see's joke's about sky falling later in thread *required laugh* *tries to think of witty comment, fail's miserably*
    *thinks of something usefully to add to thread post's it*

THANK YOU HIGBY
  5. The King

I think it should be something like this, but not too drastic as a disadvantage. Then no one will buy em.
    • Up x 1
  6. Averath

You're correct that design by committee is a bad idea, but that doesn't mean players should have absolutely no say in the matter.
  7. VSDerp

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. illgot

I feel as though the devs didn't want implants in this form but a suit told them to put it through because it would make so much money!

Glad they are going to rework implants.
  9. Mustarde

Thanks for listening guys. I know it wasn't a easy decision. I also know that you guys stick your neck out when you come up with ideas that sound cool and it sucks to get so much negative feedback on.

We want implants to be successful, and I hope that the redesign will make it so.

And for the love of pete, think about us little infiltrators and how devastating implants like awareness would be. Also, sensor shield should be the infiltrator suit ability for our class update, not the stupid EOD suit. Infiltrators should be the ones with the stealth abilities! Not every class that buys an implant.
  10. JudgeDeath

I guess luperza is on summer vacation .....
  11. FrontTowardEnemy

I agree, hence the middle part of my post- "but I'd suggest soliciting some input from the community regarding implant design"...
  12. The King

exactly, the ones that does it incorrectly, after reading a line or two, I just ignore it.
  13. shaql

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  14. IamDH

Good call
  15. Tradewind

16. AxisO7

And the test server does it's job. Again (along with the C4 change). That's what it's there for. :cool:

In saying that, I didn't mind the original implant plan as long as the cert cost was fairly low for how long it lasted. Didn't necessarily agree with the individual implants and the fact they had no negatives, but the 'only lasting a certain amount of time' thing didn't bother me. Of course, I am a BR96 premium member with alpha boost, so what is affordable for me (in certs; I would never spend SC on them) may not be what is affordable for others.
  17. Bankrotas

Thank you, I'll be able to keep playing the game and throw in some more cash it's way, once I have some :D
  18. kimirules

I would suggest the implants to be obtained by certs just like an upgrade and the upgrade will be at the utility slot[(universal) yes for all classes] and if you die you must pay the infantry resouces to respawn or you will respawn with no implants.Just think,how many certs can you get if 1 implant that last 10 hours for 200 certs?its not easy to grind certs and new players might have a hard time dealing with players with more certs.

Overall the implants is really good and I would suggest to make more.Its just how do you get it is the big question right now...
  19. PS2Freak

Thank You, Higby!

Really Great, now i can enjoy next GU13, with Beautiful Trees and Emotional Landscapes on Esamir.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! <3
  20. Kortan

So because the devs don't push the self-destruct button they should be praised?
    Ah, the mind of a fanboy.
    • Up x 3